Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I really don't know what kind of mind keeps track of records in a particular ball park over a decade.....and places some measure of importance on it.

    Oh...Yes I do.........A very desperate and lonely one.

    I say this with love.
    I'd say it's a big deal. Yankees have home field advantage at Fenway park LOL

    It was a short but sweet sweep none the less.
    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

    Comment


    • Well, Completely Crushed takes the mound tonight to make sure everyone knows how much he sucks as he gives up many runs with his batting practice pitching style. Hope the bats are large and ready to roll so we have a shot at getting the W.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

      Comment


      • http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/05/...teroid-denial/

        Sure, and Rafael Palmiero and Sammy Sosa did not take PEDs either. Honestly, I do not care about PEDs. I just hate that players lie about using them. Just say that you either use them for injury recovery or to get an edge. Just be honest about it.
        “It drops deep as it does in my breath

        I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

        Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

        I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

        Nasir Jones

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SG88 View Post
          http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/05/...teroid-denial/

          Sure, and Rafael Palmiero and Sammy Sosa did not take PEDs either. Honestly, I do not care about PEDs. I just hate that players lie about using them. Just say that you either use them for injury recovery or to get an edge. Just be honest about it.
          Question, why was he tested more than anyone else if he never tested positive. That's the flaw with his logic. If he tested positive, that's why he would be tested more than anyone else. Word on the street? lol. Roidtiz keeps his cover up rolling. He failed 2003. Period. Done.
          http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Question, why was he tested more than anyone else if he never tested positive. That's the flaw with his logic. If he tested positive, that's why he would be tested more than anyone else. Word on the street? lol. Roidtiz keeps his cover up rolling. He failed 2003. Period. Done.
            it says inthe article the test was inconclusive. not that he tested positive. those tests aren't perfect. In those days athletes were taking all kinds of stuff freely available from GNC, without knowing what was even in them. people make way too big a deal over the PED stuff IMO. maybe he did test positive but i don't think that is what the article said, unless i misread it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              I'd say it's a big deal. Yankees have home field advantage at Fenway park LOL

              It was a short but sweet sweep none the less.
              You don't think that's kind of sad?
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                You don't think that's kind of sad?
                Absolutely. Sad that the Sox have a losing record at Fenway vs the Yanks.
                http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  Absolutely. Sad that the Sox have a losing record at Fenway vs the Yanks.
                  It's important to me that you hold onto that.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Guys, you make me laugh. Never change.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
                      Guys, you make me laugh. Never change.
                      My wife won't let me. She thinks I'm too adorable.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        It's important to me that you hold onto that.
                        I hold on to that, because it's funny, but really our pot of gold is the 27-8 status.
                        http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          I hold on to that, because it's funny, but really our pot of gold is the 27-8 status.
                          Yes..the success of the 1927 Yankees validates your fanship.

                          My team gives me great joy. I assume yours does as well.
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Yes..the success of the 1927 Yankees validates your fanship.

                            My team gives me great joy. I assume yours does as well.
                            Yes, that is right. Watching highlights of the Great Bambino and reading books on Mantle and DiMaggio and Yogi even if they were before my time give me great joy and do validate being a fan. Knowing your teams history is essential for any die hard fan. Otherwise you are a bandwagon fan like the birth of the class of 2004 Boston Red Sox Nation. Where did they all come from? Can you not celebrate Ted Williams because you weren't alive? I have many Yankees books and baseball books in general that show me the great and prestigious history of the New York Yankees. Its quite amazing the success they had. I saw part of history first hand in the 90s and 2000 when they were the last dynasty (well, maybe the SF Giants with 3 in 5) to grace us. Sure they only have won 1 championship since 2000 but thats alright. They were won 7 divisions in a row in the 2000s so its not like they finished below .500 or in last place like any big market team should ever.



                            Again, 27-8. The Yankee Gold.

                            If somehow they hold on this year and stay above .500, that will be 25 seasons in a row of not knowing what it is like to have a losing season. That is quite the accomplishment.

                            So, with all that, one thing is left to say, GO YANKS!
                            http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                            Comment


                            • Tonights not as bad but still faulty lineup is as follows:

                              Gardner
                              Gary
                              Holliday
                              Starlin
                              Judge
                              Ells
                              Chase
                              Didi (because hitting Didi 8th makes sense)
                              Carter

                              With CC See ya on the bump.

                              Need to score early and often tonight and put that Astros series behind us.
                              http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Tonights not as bad but still faulty lineup is as follows:

                                Gardner
                                Gary
                                Holliday
                                Starlin
                                Judge
                                Ells
                                Chase
                                Didi (because hitting Didi 8th makes sense)
                                Carter

                                With CC See ya on the bump.

                                Need to score early and often tonight and put that Astros series behind us.
                                At least Ellsbury is not cleaning the lineup

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X