Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually met Aaron Judge once. I used to be in charge of the Navy recruiting station in Stockton, CA and worked in that office from 2007-2011. Linden,CA is a very small town that is just a little outside of the city. Linden HS was one that we had to go prospect in once a week during the school year. I went with my guys to the school there one day and we tried to recruit him. He was like "thanks, but no thanks." We at least got his name. I gave him my business card that i am sure that he threw in the trash. Lol
    “It drops deep as it does in my breath

I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined

I think of crime, when I’m in a New York state of mind.”

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
      I actually met Aaron Judge once. I used to be in charge of the Navy recruiting station in Stockton, CA and worked in that office from 2007-2011. Linden,CA is a very small town that is just a little outside of the city. Linden HS was one that we had to go prospect in once a week during the school year. I went with my guys to the school there one day and we tried to recruit him. He was like "thanks, but no thanks." We at least got his name. I gave him my business card that i am sure that he threw in the trash. Lol
      Hahahaha good story!
      Nice win btw...
      Now we are facing the Orioles. Lets go!

Comment

• Monty is having a rough day.
        I think Chad Green is going to take his place soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
          I actually met Aaron Judge once. I used to be in charge of the Navy recruiting station in Stockton, CA and worked in that office from 2007-2011. Linden,CA is a very small town that is just a little outside of the city. Linden HS was one that we had to go prospect in once a week during the school year. I went with my guys to the school there one day and we tried to recruit him. He was like "thanks, but no thanks." We at least got his name. I gave him my business card that i am sure that he threw in the trash. Lol
          I can't believe I'm going to say this - but I'll bet he would have looked damn good in that uniform.

Comment

• Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
            Monty is having a rough day.
            I think Chad Green is going to take his place soon.
            I'm shocked that they still can't find a way to get Mark Trumbo out consistently.

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Chris Carter is really bad.

Nasir Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                ALL RISE
                How do traditional Yankees fans view the chambers? Fans on WFAN are killing it. Saying it's more like a Mets thing than a Yankees thing.

I can see that, but I'm wondering if that notion of this kind of hokey marketing thing is what is outdated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                  How do traditional Yankees fans view the chambers? Fans on WFAN are killing it. Saying it's more like a Mets thing than a Yankees thing.

I can see that, but I'm wondering if that notion of this kind of hokey marketing thing is what is outdated.
                  I don't see any issue with it. The fans wore chef hats, when Sheffield was on the team.

Comment

Its kinda over the top, but I understand what they are trying to do. They are trying to make the Yankees more fun. It has always been about business. Say the right things, shave your beard, keep your hair short, wear the uniform perfectly ect. With the attendance dropping while still being in 1st place, they are trying to market Judge. I dont like it, I think it could put too much pressure on him, but it seems to be ok so far. Still think they should have been called the Jury though. It is a corny "Mets like" marketing ploy. What ever. As long as Judge keeps this up, it wont matter, but if he falls off a table and is hitting like ,240 and K-ing every other at bat while losing his HRs, it could be an embarrassing eye sore.

Its a sign of change. I bet in the next 3-4-5 years, groomed beards will be allowed and longer hair will be ok as well for the Yankees.

I mean, if Bryce Harper tells them he wont shave the beard, you think they wont bend a bit? Speaking of Bryce, you see that brawl? That pitcher deserved to get a beat down.

LOOK AT ALL THAT HAIR!! Its like a fight in a womens locker room or a mosh pit at a Metallica show in the early 90s. And look at Murphy''s face, lol.
                    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 05-29-2017, 08:33 PM.
                    http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

I don't see the problem with it. Nothing wrong with having fun at a baseball game.

Comment

• I did see it.

What the hell, man? The guy took you deep three years ago?

Get over it.

Comment

What's that?
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• One thing Yankee fans and Red Sox fans have in common.......Worry about the Jays. After that horrible start they are playing some great baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              What's that?
                              It's a special section dedicated to a beloved player in Yankee Stadium - kinda like they have at Fenway, but without the gloryholes.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
                                It's a special section dedicated to a beloved player in Yankee Stadium - kinda like they have at Fenway, but without the gloryholes.
                                I have to say that was well played.

Comment

Working...
                                X