Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Sanchez, Bird, Torreyes, Frazier, Severino, Judge, Mateo, Betances, Rutherford, Shefield, Refsnyder, Tate, Torres, Heller, Austin...

Lets kick off the new thread with a prospect I have very high expectations for:

James Kaprielian

Kaprielian makes return
    Yanks' No. 9 prospect getting comfortable after missing most of 2016

Entering the season as the New York Yankees' fourth-ranked prospect, James Kaprielian was looking to make noise in his first full professional season.

He whiffed nine batters in his debut for Class A Advanced Tampa before taking a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his next start and striking out nine in his third outing. Then his elbow starting barking.

Five days after his April 21 start against Dunedin, he was placed on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation. He was diagnosed with a flexor tendon strain in June and wouldn't throw another regular-season pitch, but 6-foot-4, 200-pound right-hander was able to avoid Tommy John surgery.

"For me this was the first time being sidelined, so any time that happens, [Tommy John] crosses into the back of your mind," Kaprielian said. "Fortunately for me, it wasn't something we needed to do or get taken care of. After getting multiple opinions and understanding what was happening, that was the biggest thing. Obviously, as a pitcher, the thought crosses your mind."

With his injury in the rearview mirror, Kaprielian was added to Scottsdale's roster in the Arizona Fall League. He picked up where he left off in April in his first start on Oct. 13, striking out six over three innings of work against Salt River, but the numbers mattered little to the former UCLA standout.

"I just wanted to go out there and not worry about things and just pitch and see how it went," said Kaprielian, now the Yankees' No. 9 prospect. "I attacked it like I would attack any normal game, prepared the way I needed to and fortunately things went well and the team played well. I did have a decent outing and that was the biggest thing -- it felt good to be out there and see the velocity where we wanted it to be."

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Torres, Tate named AFL Fall Stars: Two of Kaprielian's Yankees teammates have been tapped for Saturday's Rising Stars Game. Torres, MLB.com's No. 17 prospect, will represent the East squad as the highest-ranked overall prospect in the game, and right-hander Tate is one of 11 pitchers on the team.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-03-2016, 01:06 PM.

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Bob Nightengale@BNightengale
    Stanton says he told Derek Jeter that he wanted to add pitching, and when Jeter said he wanted to subtract, he wanted out of Miami
    2:14 PM - Dec 11, 2017

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post
    does he still have a no trade clause? or was that waived in the deal with the yanks?
    Hmmmm. That I am not sure about. I know he has the player option in 2020, but I guess the NTC would be gone since he just waived it. It cant come back, can it?

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    does he still have a no trade clause? or was that waived in the deal with the yanks?

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

If he remains healthy and has good years he will opt out especially if guys like Harper and Machado are making like 35 per. Then again if the economy takes a turn for the worse then the contracts that are being handed out may not be as high and he may not opt out. A lot can happen plus the Yankees will have to pay their guys like judge and Sanchez too.
    If they are keeping Stanton for those 10 years it will be tough to pay the other guys. Good thing they have Judge under control until 2023. And Gary until 2022 o think

Leave a comment:

• DarkSaint
    replied
    Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Well after these next two seasons, he has the opportunity to opt out year by year.
    If he remains healthy and has good years he will opt out especially if guys like Harper and Machado are making like 35 per. Then again if the economy takes a turn for the worse then the contracts that are being handed out may not be as high and he may not opt out. A lot can happen plus the Yankees will have to pay their guys like judge and Sanchez too.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Look what Stanton made the REd Sox do:

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Well after these next two seasons, he has the opportunity to opt out year by year.
    Year by year? I thought it was 3 years and an opt out. If he didnt opt out he had 7 more years. Are you saying he can opt out after every season? Never heard that before.

Leave a comment:

• SG88
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Ok, so it takes him to age 37. My bad. Still, im not so sure about this deal.

10 years $265m after the Marlins pay $30m of it is still an astronomical amount.

Those first 4-5-6 years better be MVP type years. LEts hope this isnt an Albert Pujols situation.

CAnt complain about what we gave up though.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied

I really hope not. He would be an immediate great power source, but is coming off his very best season, and then there is this:

Giancarlo Stanton signed a 13 year / $325,000,000 contract with the Miami Marlins, including $325,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $25,000,000. This takes him to age 39.

Another Arod contract?

Not a chance the Yankees go after it. They are trying to get under the tax.
    Ok, so it takes him to age 37. My bad. Still, im not so sure about this deal.

10 years $265m after the Marlins pay $30m of it is still an astronomical amount.

Those first 4-5-6 years better be MVP type years. LEts hope this isnt an Albert Pujols situation.

CAnt complain about what we gave up though.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

just heard on NPR that the marlins star Giancarlo Stanton has yet to meet the new owners. The report went on to say that the owners know they have to cut payroll. The report hinted that it looked like dealing Stanton was a real possibility for Florida, with it's new owner(s) including Derek Jeter.

I would absolutely LOVE if they yanks somehow got stanton. What do ya think are the chances? do you think he'd hit mor e homers at yankee stadium?

https://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2017/10...ns-derek-jeter

did he have a down year?...and last two years were not his best...maybe he goes on the cheap somehow

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/5/5/15...ns-aaron-judge
    Well, I got my wish.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post

AROD
    Probably too soon. It will depend on if players respect him or not. I think time will heal all wounds with him and somewhere down the line he will be a coach.

Leave a comment:

• facundogabriel
    replied
    Well there it is. JOE GIRARDI OUT. Hope they have a good backup plan. Tony Pena?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259741...6&sf66847816=1
    AROD

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Well there it is. JOE GIRARDI OUT. Hope they have a good backup plan. Tony Pena?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259741...6&sf66847816=1

Leave a comment:

• facundogabriel
    replied
    Girardi is out as manager

Leave a comment:

Working...
X