Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Sanchez, Bird, Torreyes, Frazier, Severino, Judge, Mateo, Betances, Rutherford, Shefield, Refsnyder, Tate, Torres, Heller, Austin...

Lets kick off the new thread with a prospect I have very high expectations for:

James Kaprielian

Kaprielian makes return
    Yanks' No. 9 prospect getting comfortable after missing most of 2016

Entering the season as the New York Yankees' fourth-ranked prospect, James Kaprielian was looking to make noise in his first full professional season.

He whiffed nine batters in his debut for Class A Advanced Tampa before taking a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his next start and striking out nine in his third outing. Then his elbow starting barking.

Five days after his April 21 start against Dunedin, he was placed on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation. He was diagnosed with a flexor tendon strain in June and wouldn't throw another regular-season pitch, but 6-foot-4, 200-pound right-hander was able to avoid Tommy John surgery.

"For me this was the first time being sidelined, so any time that happens, [Tommy John] crosses into the back of your mind," Kaprielian said. "Fortunately for me, it wasn't something we needed to do or get taken care of. After getting multiple opinions and understanding what was happening, that was the biggest thing. Obviously, as a pitcher, the thought crosses your mind."

With his injury in the rearview mirror, Kaprielian was added to Scottsdale's roster in the Arizona Fall League. He picked up where he left off in April in his first start on Oct. 13, striking out six over three innings of work against Salt River, but the numbers mattered little to the former UCLA standout.

"I just wanted to go out there and not worry about things and just pitch and see how it went," said Kaprielian, now the Yankees' No. 9 prospect. "I attacked it like I would attack any normal game, prepared the way I needed to and fortunately things went well and the team played well. I did have a decent outing and that was the biggest thing -- it felt good to be out there and see the velocity where we wanted it to be."

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Torres, Tate named AFL Fall Stars: Two of Kaprielian's Yankees teammates have been tapped for Saturday's Rising Stars Game. Torres, MLB.com's No. 17 prospect, will represent the East squad as the highest-ranked overall prospect in the game, and right-hander Tate is one of 11 pitchers on the team.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-03-2016, 02:06 PM.

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post

AROD
    Probably too soon. It will depend on if players respect him or not. I think time will heal all wounds with him and somewhere down the line he will be a coach.

Leave a comment:

• facundogabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Well there it is. JOE GIRARDI OUT. Hope they have a good backup plan. Tony Pena?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259741...6&sf66847816=1
    AROD

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Well there it is. JOE GIRARDI OUT. Hope they have a good backup plan. Tony Pena?

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/259741...6&sf66847816=1

Leave a comment:

• facundogabriel
    replied
    Girardi is out as manager

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    Latest Report Suggests Joe Girardi May Not Be a Lock to Return to Yankees

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
    girardi and cashman have been talking over the past couple days. no official word yet on girardi's status.
    8:44 PM - Oct 25, 2017 South Miami, FL

http://www.12up.com/posts/5721945-la...es?a_aid=42185
    well, why not. Not sure how much it matters, except for pitching decisions. His pitching decisions often drive fans nutz. formercatcheritis lol. He was good for the team when they first brought him in. Besides who else can they get who is going to be any better?

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Latest Report Suggests Joe Girardi May Not Be a Lock to Return to Yankees

Jon Heyman @JonHeyman
    girardi and cashman have been talking over the past couple days. no official word yet on girardi's status.
    8:44 PM - Oct 25, 2017 South Miami, FL

http://www.12up.com/posts/5721945-la...es?a_aid=42185

Leave a comment:

• facundogabriel
    replied
    We would have been a great matchup for this dodgers.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    are you guys watching game 2 of the Ws...what a game man...wholly cow baseball has been fun to watch this year in the playoffs

update: wholly cow...now the dodgers tied ip up in the 9th!
    Last edited by bigpoppy; 10-26-2017, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

you wanted a BA hitter, not a home run hitter. who better than altuve?
    Oh ok gotcha. Altuve is a beast but would be a pipe dream. Even more than Bryce Harper.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied

Weren't we talking about Stanton? This article is about Altuve....
    you wanted a BA hitter, not a home run hitter. who better than altuve?

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/53633250//

looks like it won't even be possible until after 2019
    Weren't we talking about Stanton? This article is about Altuve....

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied

Yeah, he wont come cheap lol

They do need another bat though. I think they should get a higher contact bat. No need for more power (although power is always a plus). We need more contact hitters though to set the plate for our power. As the playoffs shown us, we have a bunch of all or nothing guys. HR power or strike outs.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/53633250//

looks like it won't even be possible until after 2019

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied

ah. ok. there is a catch lol so much for getting him on the cheap huh
    Yeah, he wont come cheap lol

They do need another bat though. I think they should get a higher contact bat. No need for more power (although power is always a plus). We need more contact hitters though to set the plate for our power. As the playoffs shown us, we have a bunch of all or nothing guys. HR power or strike outs.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied

I really hope not. He would be an immediate great power source, but is coming off his very best season, and then there is this:

Giancarlo Stanton signed a 13 year / $325,000,000 contract with the Miami Marlins, including $325,000,000 guaranteed, and an annual average salary of $25,000,000. This takes him to age 39.

Another Arod contract?

Not a chance the Yankees go after it. They are trying to get under the tax.
    ah. ok. there is a catch lol so much for getting him on the cheap huh

Leave a comment:

Working...
X