Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NEW YORK YANKEES THREAD - BABY BOMBERS TAKE OVER!

Sanchez, Bird, Torreyes, Frazier, Severino, Judge, Mateo, Betances, Rutherford, Shefield, Refsnyder, Tate, Torres, Heller, Austin...

Lets kick off the new thread with a prospect I have very high expectations for:

James Kaprielian

Kaprielian makes return
    Yanks' No. 9 prospect getting comfortable after missing most of 2016

Entering the season as the New York Yankees' fourth-ranked prospect, James Kaprielian was looking to make noise in his first full professional season.

He whiffed nine batters in his debut for Class A Advanced Tampa before taking a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his next start and striking out nine in his third outing. Then his elbow starting barking.

Five days after his April 21 start against Dunedin, he was placed on the disabled list with right elbow inflammation. He was diagnosed with a flexor tendon strain in June and wouldn't throw another regular-season pitch, but 6-foot-4, 200-pound right-hander was able to avoid Tommy John surgery.

"For me this was the first time being sidelined, so any time that happens, [Tommy John] crosses into the back of your mind," Kaprielian said. "Fortunately for me, it wasn't something we needed to do or get taken care of. After getting multiple opinions and understanding what was happening, that was the biggest thing. Obviously, as a pitcher, the thought crosses your mind."

With his injury in the rearview mirror, Kaprielian was added to Scottsdale's roster in the Arizona Fall League. He picked up where he left off in April in his first start on Oct. 13, striking out six over three innings of work against Salt River, but the numbers mattered little to the former UCLA standout.

"I just wanted to go out there and not worry about things and just pitch and see how it went," said Kaprielian, now the Yankees' No. 9 prospect. "I attacked it like I would attack any normal game, prepared the way I needed to and fortunately things went well and the team played well. I did have a decent outing and that was the biggest thing -- it felt good to be out there and see the velocity where we wanted it to be."

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp..._milb&sid=milb

Torres, Tate named AFL Fall Stars: Two of Kaprielian's Yankees teammates have been tapped for Saturday's Rising Stars Game. Torres, MLB.com's No. 17 prospect, will represent the East squad as the highest-ranked overall prospect in the game, and right-hander Tate is one of 11 pitchers on the team.
    Last edited by TheAnalyst; 11-03-2016, 02:06 PM.

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Going through this through this thread, you can see the moment this team turned around. Its great to watch the product they have on the field in 2018. They now have to use some more of these pieces for pitching however. Thats the final missing piece. Got to get 1 more ace to pair with Sev

Leave a comment:

• BronxBomberBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by facundogabriel View Post
    My godness Cashman is the GOAT.
    2 injured players and Mateo for an Ace with 2 1/2 years left. 27 years old.
    I really liked Kaprielian but he can't be healthy, and Fowler has to hurt. But at least we kept Florial.
    Harper, here we go

Bump

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

well...Living in FL I've been a big Stanton fan for a while, so I'm just happy they got him. but i hear ya Martinez was a great value as well.
    I got to watch Stanton in the minors. Sat right behind him in right field. Saw him once hit a HR over a playground in CF, probably about 470ft.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

They were never trading those young guys. Im glad too. Yu Darvish was actual an expensive FA pickup for the Cubs. Like I said, in hindsight, I would probably have told Cashman to hold off on the Stanton deal and go after JD Martinez. Red Sox got great value on that deal. Even if we did eventually get Stanton, his value would have even dropped more due to the market. I bet Cashman could have gotten Jeter to throw in even more money to knock off Stantons ridiculous contract. Instead of $30m I bet he could have doubled that at least.
    well...Living in FL I've been a big Stanton fan for a while, so I'm just happy they got him. but i hear ya Martinez was a great value as well.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied

yeah. Getting ohtani was a pipe dream though. I think he knew he was staying on the west coast, closer to home... Have you ever seen anything like that dude making the teams fill out a questionnaire for his services? LOL. Who was interviewing who?

I'm just glad they stuck with the young prospects and didn't get nuts and trade away gleyber torres or other young guns for a guy like yu dervish. I think some of the young arms will develop this year or at least i hope so. These baby bombers are so much fun!
    They were never trading those young guys. Im glad too. Yu Darvish was actual an expensive FA pickup for the Cubs. Like I said, in hindsight, I would probably have told Cashman to hold off on the Stanton deal and go after JD Martinez. Red Sox got great value on that deal. Even if we did eventually get Stanton, his value would have even dropped more due to the market. I bet Cashman could have gotten Jeter to throw in even more money to knock off Stantons ridiculous contract. Instead of $30m I bet he could have doubled that at least.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied

I wish we got Ohtani though. Not sure what the context of this post was because I cant find it.

Im glad they didnt go after Darvish though, but Ohtani, hell even JD MArtinez would be better than Stanton right now, both for immediate impact and future impact.
    yeah. Getting ohtani was a pipe dream though. I think he knew he was staying on the west coast, closer to home... Have you ever seen anything like that dude making the teams fill out a questionnaire for his services? LOL. Who was interviewing who?

I'm just glad they stuck with the young prospects and didn't get nuts and trade away gleyber torres or other young guns for a guy like yu dervish. I think some of the young arms will develop this year or at least i hope so. These baby bombers are so much fun!

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied

glad they stuck with the young guns!
    I wish we got Ohtani though. Not sure what the context of this post was because I cant find it.

Im glad they didnt go after Darvish though, but Ohtani, hell even JD MArtinez would be better than Stanton right now, both for immediate impact and future impact.

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied

Yeah. Should be the cheaper route with him being a FA after this year. Then we can have Tanaka Darvish and bid on Otani.
    glad they stuck with the young guns!

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Bob Nightengale@BNightengale
    Stanton says he told Derek Jeter that he wanted to add pitching, and when Jeter said he wanted to subtract, he wanted out of Miami
    2:14 PM - Dec 11, 2017

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    does he still have a no trade clause? or was that waived in the deal with the yanks?
    Hmmmm. That I am not sure about. I know he has the player option in 2020, but I guess the NTC would be gone since he just waived it. It cant come back, can it?

Leave a comment:

• bigpoppy
    replied
    does he still have a no trade clause? or was that waived in the deal with the yanks?

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

If he remains healthy and has good years he will opt out especially if guys like Harper and Machado are making like 35 per. Then again if the economy takes a turn for the worse then the contracts that are being handed out may not be as high and he may not opt out. A lot can happen plus the Yankees will have to pay their guys like judge and Sanchez too.
    If they are keeping Stanton for those 10 years it will be tough to pay the other guys. Good thing they have Judge under control until 2023. And Gary until 2022 o think

Leave a comment:

• DarkSaint
    replied
    Originally posted by SG88 View Post

Well after these next two seasons, he has the opportunity to opt out year by year.
    If he remains healthy and has good years he will opt out especially if guys like Harper and Machado are making like 35 per. Then again if the economy takes a turn for the worse then the contracts that are being handed out may not be as high and he may not opt out. A lot can happen plus the Yankees will have to pay their guys like judge and Sanchez too.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Look what Stanton made the REd Sox do:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X