2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
    7+ era so far. Top speed 92 mph, he averaged 95 in 2015. Not good.
    I noticed his diminished speed also. deGrom has got his back compared to last season. It is a question if Harvey can learn to pitch without being a flame thrower. It seems the same speed and control problems he had last season are continuing.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
      Why the Sabres, and not the Islanders??
      Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post
      You want the place wrecked?

???

Yankee Stadium wasn't "wrecked" after two games between the Rangers vs Devils, and Rangers vs Islanders, in January 2014.
      sigpic

Comment

Is this a hockey thread now?

My post had to do with the ballpark that your baseball team calls home. I thought it was the right place to post. If I was wrong in doing so, I apologize
        sigpic

Comment

???

Yankee Stadium wasn't "wrecked" after two games between the Rangers vs Devils, and Rangers vs Islanders, in January 2014.
          More of a joke, but years ago I recall open hostility from the fans of each team toward the other. Kind of ridiculous, since most NYers have family, friends, co-workers who root for either or both teams. Always seemed odd to have both local hockey teams in the same division, that doesn't help. But I've also seen fights between Yankee and Mets fans at the stadium, and obviously those two teams are not even in the same league.

Comment

7+ era so far. Top speed 92 mph, he averaged 95 in 2015. Not good.
            He hasn't pitched since the beginning of last summer. He may need extended spring training.

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
              He hasn't pitched since the beginning of last summer. He may need extended spring training.
              He's always relied on his speed. He may need to learn how to pitch again if he doesn't get it back.

Comment

He's always relied on his speed. He may need to learn how to pitch again if he doesn't get it back.
                If he doesn't regain 3 or 4 miles on his FB, then you're right.

Comment

???

Fortunately the Rangers won both of those games.
                  sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                    Fortunately the Rangers won both of those games.

Ouch..

PS: Go Sabres!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• I realize the season has not started yet, but JEEZ! 1-0 NATS??? come ooonnnnn!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                        I realize the season has not started yet, but JEEZ! 1-0 NATS??? come ooonnnnn!
                        No biggie, Gsellman was solid and the weather was awful. Real games just around the corner, thank goodness.
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                          I realize the season has not started yet, but JEEZ! 1-0 NATS??? come ooonnnnn!
                          I could care less about the score. The fact Gsellman is pitching like 2016 wasn't a fluke is what matters most.

Comment

• Lugo looked pretty darn good in WBC.. what is the chance he starts in Triple A. According to this link they are higher on Gsellman and Wheeler not ready

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3005637
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• If Harvey isn't gong to be at full speed until May, they should leave him in Florida with Wheeler and bring Lugo and Gsellman north.

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
                                If Harvey isn't gong to be at full speed until May, they should leave him in Florida with Wheeler and bring Lugo and Gsellman north.
                                He's reaching 96mph now. Still having some control problems with his fastball though. I think he will be with the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X