2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
    I joked that Bartolo will be back in July. It might not be so much of a joke now.
    Well he may very well be back by the Trade Deadline. But first he makes his return to Citi Field Tonight Starting Game 2 for the Braves Vs Jacob D.

I love Bartolo. But as a 4th or 5th option in the rotation that can get you a much needed win. What's it say about the Braves Starting Pitching that they are rolling him out as their #2 guy?? Do they have guys starting the Season on the DL???

What's the odds he gets a win over deGrom Tonight??
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
      Well he may very well be back by the Trade Deadline. But first he makes his return to Citi Field Tonight Starting Game 2 for the Braves Vs Jacob D.

I love Bartolo. But as a 4th or 5th option in the rotation that can get you a much needed win. What's it say about the Braves Starting Pitching that they are rolling him out as their #2 guy?? Do they have guys starting the Season on the DL???

What's the odds he gets a win over deGrom Tonight??
      This would be contingent upon what the Mets get out out of Harvey and Wheeler before the break. I think wheeler is going 5-6 innings per game at most.

His odds are pretty good 1.02 ERA in April, 1.83 ERA against Atalanta , 201 opposition batting average at Citi field
      The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
        Yeah. Which is why the WBC is BS to me. Next the overworked Familia will go down. Maybe the 15 games are a blessing.
        Its not BS. It could happen anywhere. Lots of Yankees fans are bent over Didi getting hurt in it, but he was just throwing. That could happen in ST here. It happens. Now if it a direct result of being used improperly, then ok.
        The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          Its not BS. It could happen anywhere. Lots of Yankees fans are bent over Didi getting hurt in it, but he was just throwing. That could happen in ST here. It happens. Now if it a direct result of being used improperly, then ok.
          Its BS to me. I could care less about the WBC. And I don't like the fact that the managers involved get to abuse other teams pitchers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
            Its BS to me. I could care less about the WBC. And I don't like the fact that the managers involved get to abuse other teams pitchers.
            I suppose it's a nice idea - global interaction, pride in country and all...until this happens. Put the players wives and girlfriends out there, in skimpy outfits, would be nice also, plus get more viewers?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              That's BS because it's not the same. Didi making basic throws and Lugo getting used like it's September as a starter during ST time isn't nearly the same. It is garbage the amount PR used him, then USA wiped their ***** with them in the championship anyway.
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                That's BS because it's not the same. Didi making basic throws and Lugo getting used like it's September as a starter during ST time isn't nearly the same. It is garbage the amount PR used him, then USA wiped their ***** with them in the championship anyway.
                I heard Francessa say if George was still calling the shots no Yankee would ever be playing in the WBC. And I think he's right.

Comment

• I understand their timing of the WBC to maximize viewership, but I don't think they prepare the pitching staff properly, by bringing their arms along slowly after 4 months of down time. They are rushed because they don't have as much time together, and then there's the danger of a pitcher being over-used, as Lugo was.
                  I think they should start this WBC about 2-4 weeks AFTER the end of the WS and accept the fact that it's in prime college and Pro football time. They can have theirt games on a week night, instead of on a Saturday or Sunday evening. People who love baseball will tune in on a weekday evening if they care. Whatever players are still healthy and want to play for their countries are already in shape, and a pitcher knows at the end of his season if he feels well enough to go pitch more.

I also agree with Francessa... George would have said NO, and if they defied him they'd be gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                    Well if that's the case, then you have a point.
                    The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

• Going to be a long season if our starting pitchers can't get some run support
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well Jacob D pitched a Gem just like Noah S the first game. 6 Innings giving up no runs and only 2 hits. But all the Mets could muster off Bartolo was one run a HR by Bruce of all people.

So just like last year not enough run support and the Pen could not make the slim lead hold up. And Jacob got the ND and game went to extras tied.

Now in 12th Braves broke through and are up 3-1 with a runner Still at 2nd.. hitting being this dismal I am thinking they said start the year 1-1. Thought for sure we had it in bag when I saw the Pitching match up. But I guess Colon knows the hitters to well
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

• Game over. So frustrating. I should not make to much out if games this early in the season I guess

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

• F-in Robles. He's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you will get, but most times its a pitcher that has zero control. Like tonight.

Comment

• I knew Bartolo would want to pitch well against his old team. I just didn't expect their pen to be that effective.
                              It was deja vous to the 2016 season... Bartolo pitched better than everyone expected, and the Mets couldn't buy a timely hit.
                              It's early. No worries

Comment

• Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
                                Going to be a long season if our starting pitchers can't get some run support
                                Another problem is Reyes has no range anymore to go get a ball. He is horrid at 3rd base.
                                The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Working...
                                X