No announcement yet.

2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110 million for a guy who jogs triples into doubles,and doubles into long singles? You guys aren't winning anything with Cespedes!
    If your GM had half a brain he would have kept Murphy and let Cespedes walk!
    You would have gotten as much power for less money , and Murphy is clutch and hustles too. I swear you guys are the Jets of baseball lol!!!
    "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Great news on Yo!

Comment

SO pumped right now. Cespedes was the heart and soul of this team. We needed to keep him.

I might go to Port St. Lucie this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
          I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He took a discount to stay. He easily could have gotten upwards of Upton's 6 year deal as the best FA on the market.
          I agree. The extra year is what the mets absolutely didn't want and everyone expected some other team to buy in.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
            110 million for a guy who jogs triples into doubles,and doubles into long singles? You guys aren't winning anything with Cespedes!
            You would have gotten as much power for less money , and Murphy is clutch and hustles too. I swear you guys are the Jets of baseball lol!!!
            Don't know what planet you live on - Murph has as much power as Cespedes?

Murph is a defensive liability and IMO will not keep hitting like he has last year. A good player, but not even close to what Cespedes brings. Lets see Murph get a team to pay him $25+ a year and then we can compare them.

And we already won something with Cespedes. Washington has won nothing with Murph.

Comment

I hope his leg issues are not a problem this year If The Mets can get 130+ games out of him for the next 2 or 3 seasons it be good.
              The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                You sound suspiciously like a Yankees fan to me. Maybe we should have given more money to a guy like Ellsbury or Texieira or Sabathia or...................
                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

http://www.12up.com/posts/4191229-no...et?a_aid=36534

Comment

Great news on YC. Also good to hear about Walker. Could of used him at the end of last year.

Maybe The Injury bug will fly away for 2017 and leave the Mets alone
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Now we get to see what Sandy can get for Jay Bruce.

Comment

Originally posted by kbusch22 View Post
                        Now we get to see what Sandy can get for Jay Bruce.
                        A catcher please!

Comment

A catcher please!
                          Or a good reliever please!

Comment

Tough to imagine the Mets getting a catcher for Bruce. Catching is so thin league-wide, I think we're stuck with TDA. Just have to hope he sorts out his throwing issues and can go back to his 2015 offensive numbers.

A good reliever would be nice though.

Possibility: Jay Bruce for Sean Doolittle of the A's, Beane's a master at flipping players in their walk year so he can try his luck moving Bruce. We'd be getting back a hard throwing lefty reliever with 2 years left under contract.

Comment

YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about. He took adiscount to stay. He easily could have gotten upwards of Upton's 6 year deal as the best FA on the market. Get real. Mets are lucky as hell. I'm happy as hell. And Walker signed his tender. We may even be able to ship out Bruce for either a quality pitching prospect or a catcher(even better).
                              Haha, whoa there. Mets definitely needed the bat but he just got way over paid. Should still be a great signing for them though. Cespedes is a fun player to watch and a great hitter.

To this day I am still happy the Red Sox let him go.
                              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Haha, whoa there. Mets definitely needed the bat but he just got way over paid. Should still be a great signing for them though. Cespedes is a fun player to watch and a great hitter.

To this day I am still happy the Red Sox let him go.
                                Who isn't overpaid in baseball??

Comment

Working...
                                X