No announcement yet.

2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty expensive but they need his offense. Now, go get a catcher, middle-relief and maybe a 1st baseman!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
      Pretty expensive but they need his offense. Now, go get a catcher, middle-relief and maybe a 1st baseman!
      They'll get by with what they got at 1B this year. Then hopefully turn it over to Dominic Smith next year, for the next decade.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Haha, whoa there. Mets definitely needed the bat but he just got way over paid. Should still be a great signing for them though. Cespedes is a fun player to watch and a great hitter.

To this day I am still happy the Red Sox let him go.
        MLB Network reported that he would have gotten a 5th year from at least one other team and he took potentially less to remain in NY.

Comment

Originally posted by tabascocat View Post
          I'd like to hear what direction they're going, in terms of batting strategy and possible change of hitting coach?

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
            MLB Network reported that he would have gotten a 5th year from at least one other team and he took potentially less to remain in NY.
            nice
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

He wanted to be a Met, that will just increase fan base love for Yo. I dig it.
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

The Mets send Logan Verrett to Baltimore in exchange for cash

He never was consistent
                sigpic

Comment

What? Sandy couldn't get Manny Machado for Verrett? Fire that bum!

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                    He wanted to be a Met, that will just increase fan base love for Yo. I dig it.
                    It was structured in a way that gives the Mets some flexibility too. 22/29/29/29 They have several contracts coming off the books next year including Granderson.

Comment

It was structured in a way that gives the Mets some flexibility too. 22/29/29/29 They have several contracts coming off the books next year including Granderson.
                      I haven't heard anyone anywhere say anything negative about Yo's contract. It's exactly what was speculated about what the Mets wanted to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                        I haven't heard anyone anywhere say anything negative about Yo's contract. It's exactly what was speculated about what the Mets wanted to pay.
                        I agree. All the talking heads feel it's a fair deal for both sides.

Comment

According to Mets101, they are getting more interest from other teams for Grandy than Bruce! This would be a big mistake in my opinion. Send Bruce packing. He can't handle NY and Grandy has proven that he can.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            According to Mets101, they are getting more interest from other teams for Grandy than Bruce! This would be a big mistake in my opinion. Send Bruce packing. He can't handle NY and Grandy has proven that he can.
                            I agree, would rather keep Grandy. But either way both will probably be gone after next year.

Comment

Pirates almost certain to trade mccutchen, how sweet would he look in center?

Comment

Finally, this was one of the dumbest arrangements I can recall. Who the hell cares about the competitive nature of the AS game, which is why this was enacted in the first place?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2894131

Comment

Working...
                                X