2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm another win
    Let's not get to excited.. SF is terrible. And just think they were the team that overwhelmed us in the WC Game last year. So things could be worse. We could be SF Fans. But we will be back to reality real soon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• well, for now we have proven that we are a bit better than one team.
      Bring on the Senators...hahahahahahahaha.

Comment

• Do the Mets and the Giants employ the same trainers?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3283039

Comment

• Means little. ...He was on a soft 30 pitch limit too. I'm more concerned with the bullpen getting rocked.
          freedom.....
          freedom......
          Last edited by tunpmd; 06-28-2017, 05:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tunpmd View Post
            Means little. ...He was on a soft 30 pitch limit too. I'm more concerned with the bullpen getting rocked.
            freedom.....
            freedom......
            It's really a joke. It's just one injury after another right down the line..

And as mentioned the BP is just Atrocious. So in a case like tonight when they fought back from early 3-0 hole to tie it finally in the 7th. But only to have the BP give it away yet again giving up 3 in 7th.

This has become a pattern with them. So its always something with this team. If it's not them unable to hit, it's the starters getting lit up when they do hit so it doesn't matter, or if they get a great outing from the Starter then the Pen gives it away.. can't win with them
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• hope D'Arnaud was watching how you throw someone out @ 2nd!!!??

Comment

• They actually made him watch Rivera's mechanics, and work to simulate them, just before he hurt his hand. The ideal of all time was Johnny Bench. He could get that ball off to 2nd in a nanosecond.

If they keep winning, they'll suck us all back in. Wild card is becoming relevant again. Tease, or they have found some steady ground among all the injuries?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
                  They actually made him watch Rivera's mechanics, and work to simulate them, just before he hurt his hand. The ideal of all time was Johnny Bench. He could get that ball off to 2nd in a nanosecond.

If they keep winning, they'll suck us all back in. Wild card is becoming relevant again. Tease, or they have found some steady ground among all the injuries?
                  They are beating bad teams. Problem is they will need to beat good ones to get anywhere, and good teams have been destroying them.

Honestly, the only way I see a chance is if some of the teams we are chasing go through some of the injury hell in the 2nd half that we have in the first half, and we get healthy late. Could happen, still a longshot at this point.

I'll be interested to see how they do against the horrible Phillies at home. They need a sweep.

Comment

• I don't want them to mess up sell mode at this point.
                    sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Harvey rocked for 4 runs in 2nd, including a double and hr, doesn't finish the inning.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                        I don't want them to mess up sell mode at this point.
                        I was listening to a group of peeps on WFAN debate this topic today while I was driving down to Philly yesterday. It was basically 50/50 on whether they should sell or keep plugging, but the talk was interesting. One point discussed was how the Rockies are tanking, having lost 8 in a row, and the teams ahead of us are Pitt, Stl, Atl, and the Cubbies.

Bottom line for being "sellers" is what do we have and what do we get for it? Bruce and Reed seem the 2 most obvious trades as far as (healthy) players other teams might want bad enough to get some decent prospects. I don't see them trading deGrom or Matz. Maybe Lugo? Besides starting pitching, not sure who else we have. Duda/Cabrera/Grandy? Teams might want them but I don't see us getting much for them.

I get peeps are looking at what the Yanks just did and thinking the Mets should do the same. But the problem with the Mets is even if they are sellers, I don't expect them to bring up their young prospects this year, so the Sandy would be really be giving up on a lot of viewership and $$ this year if he just has a firesale.

Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I was listening to a group of peeps on WFAN debate this topic today while I was driving down to Philly yesterday. It was basically 50/50 on whether they should sell or keep plugging, but the talk was interesting. One point discussed was how the Rockies are tanking, having lost 8 in a row, and the teams ahead of us are Pitt, Stl, Atl, and the Cubbies.

Bottom line for being "sellers" is what do we have and what do we get for it? Bruce and Reed seem the 2 most obvious trades as far as (healthy) players other teams might want bad enough to get some decent prospects. I don't see them trading deGrom or Matz. Maybe Lugo? Besides starting pitching, not sure who else we have. Duda/Cabrera/Grandy? Teams might want them but I don't see us getting much for them.

I get peeps are looking at what the Yanks just did and thinking the Mets should do the same. But the problem with the Mets is even if they are sellers, I don't expect them to bring up their young prospects this year, so the Sandy would be really be giving up on a lot of viewership and $$ this year if he just has a firesale.

Should be interesting to see what happens.
                          Both sides of the argument have validity. I'm sure if they go on a run I'll be excited. The recent performance of Matz and Lugo, combined with DeGrom's steadiness and Wheeler's return still make it a possibility. The offense has been much better lately, but it's due for another Kevin Long type cold streak soon. I won't be surprised if they get to .500 and hang there. I just don't see them getting much further than that. Bruce and Reed can really fetch them a quality prospect. Additionally, the Mets have over 60 mil coming off the books after this season. There are moves to be made. I am still frustrated that we haven't seen our 2 best offensive prospects. Especially when you look at what other young hitters are doing for teams like the Dodgers and Yanks. This team will be better off without the likes of Walker, Cabrera, Reyes, Duda and the ghost of David Wright. Plus if we fully go south, no need to rush Noah back either. Let him heal because he is amazing. I still marvel every time I consider that we netted him for R.A. ****ey. We also got D'Arnaud in that trade, but his performance has been spotty at best.

Comment

Both sides of the argument have validity. I'm sure if they go on a run I'll be excited. The recent performance of Matz and Lugo, combined with DeGrom's steadiness and Wheeler's return still make it a possibility. The offense has been much better lately, but it's due for another Kevin Long type cold streak soon. I won't be surprised if they get to .500 and hang there. I just don't see them getting much further than that. Bruce and Reed can really fetch them a quality prospect. Additionally, the Mets have over 60 mil coming off the books after this season. There are moves to be made. I am still frustrated that we haven't seen our 2 best offensive prospects. Especially when you look at what other young hitters are doing for teams like the Dodgers and Yanks. This team will be better off without the likes of Walker, Cabrera, Reyes, Duda and the ghost of David Wright. Plus if we fully go south, no need to rush Noah back either. Let him heal because he is amazing. I still marvel every time I consider that we netted him for R.A. ****ey. We also got D'Arnaud in that trade, but his performance has been spotty at best.
                            Did you hear Darling go on his mini-rant about the Mets trainers? I think he has a point - not sure baseball players need to be doing what Noah did this offseason. Strength is great, but guys like him and Cespedes already have enough - need to work on flexibility and durability more, IMO.

The only FA I might really consider keeping would be Walker. But I know they have a good prospect for 2B, just not sure where he is in development. Reyes I might keep on the cheap as a backup infielder/pinch hitter role if he would be willing just because of his speed. I don't think his hitting struggles are physical, he Is just not in a good place mentally at the plate this year.
                            Last edited by DandyDon; 06-30-2017, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Did you hear Darling go on his mini-rant about the Mets trainers? I think he has a point - not sure baseball players need to be doing what Noah did this offseason. Strength is great, but guys like him and Cespedes already have enough - need to work on flexibility and durability more, IMO.

The only FA I might really consider keeping would be Walker. But I know they have a good prospect for 2B, just not sure where he is in development. Reyes I might keep on the cheap as a backup infielder/pinch hitter role if he would be willing just because of his speed. I don't think his hitting struggles are physical, he Is just not in a good place mentally at the plate this year.
                              Nope, I'm actually posting from the ship so I've only been reading mostly. We did get the first game of the Marlins series though. Matz was a boss. I hear the point though and Darling is right. NFL is no different, all the strength training just leads to susceptible soft tissue IMO. It's even more unnecessary in MLB

Comment

Nope, I'm actually posting from the ship so I've only been reading mostly. We did get the first game of the Marlins series though. Matz was a boss. I hear the point though and Darling is right. NFL is no different, all the strength training just leads to susceptible soft tissue IMO. It's even more unnecessary in MLB
                                Here's a link to what he said and the mets reaction:

http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/mets-ra...g-injury-rant/

Comment

Working...
                                X