X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Here's a link to what he said and the mets reaction:

http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/mets-ra...g-injury-rant/
    Baseball players, back in the day, never lifted a weight, nor did exercise much in the off season. If they did anything it was time in a batting cage.
    Today too many of them want to look buff, and to be stronger for more HR's....six pak, bi's and tri's, shoulders, chest, thighs... the whole workout.
    More muscle mass means more chance for a muscle pull.
    I played Center... there are whole innings where you do nothing but change position a bit for each batter. Then you might have 2 innings of no AB's... and by the time you have to chase a line drive in the gap, or run full out to first, you've gotten cold in the last half hour of doing nothing. The trainers need to impress upon these guys the need to do some stretching in the on deck circle, upper and lower body... to jog out to your position and use the couple of minutes throwing the ball around to move your legs, and keep your muscles warm and ready for a sudden spurt of effort

Comment

• Happy Bobby Bonilla Day
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SG88 View Post
        Happy Bobby Bonilla Day
        For someone who is informed on just how inept Dolan is, I'm surprised you're less so about the Coupons, eh, I mean Wilpons.
        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• How is Salas still on this team?

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post
            How is Salas still on this team?
            Apparently the same way f'ing Montero still is.

Comment

• Remember that start when Montero didn't suck? Yeah, that was a fluke.
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                Remember that start when Montero didn't suck? Yeah, that was a fluke.
                I just came inside and hadn't checked the game score when I read the remarks from you and Darrin, and I immediately knew we were losing. lol. Yeah, Montero is a yoyo.

Comment

I just came inside and hadn't checked the game score when I read the remarks from you and Darrin, and I immediately knew we were losing. lol. Yeah, Montero is a yoyo.
                  Yes it's their normal pattern. They stink and lose 8/9 and you lose interest. Then they string together 3/4 wins and look good doing it so u raise an eyebrow and start paying a little more attention for a second only to see them revert right back to the team that can't hit a or pitch and get beat by a bad team.

That will start them reeling again as the Nat's will snap them back into reality with a through whipping by sweeping them easily
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• The Mets signed 2 of the Top 20 international prospects available today.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/239864...icid=151437456

Comment

• Do the Mets actually have a medical staff? jeez! Cespedes again with the hammy! who the hell is clearing these guys as healthy and ready??SMH!! maybe to much gym! he usually looks like a stuffed sausage in his uniform!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
                        Do the Mets actually have a medical staff? jeez! Cespedes again with the hammy! who the hell is clearing these guys as healthy and ready??SMH!! maybe to much gym! he usually looks like a stuffed sausage in his uniform!!
                        When I grew up in the 50s and 60s the coaches never wanted you to lift weights as a baseball player. Lithe... flexible. Cespedes has bunches of muscle and they need to be stretched carefully and religiously.

Comment

When I grew up in the 50s and 60s the coaches never wanted you to lift weights as a baseball player. Lithe... flexible. Cespedes has bunches of muscle and they need to be stretched carefully and religiously.
                          As far as them continually getting hurt. Shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. It has been a consistent pattern for last 4-5 years. Just like the Giant's until they finally changed their S&C program and people and last year finally they didn't lead the league in injuries for first time in three years. Mets need to revamp their program can fire everyone and start from scratch

The BP reared its ugly head last night AGAIN after Matz threw a gem. Give up two in the 8th in a scoreless game. And who would of bet on the Mets weak bats tying it in 9th with two of their other? I didn't. But for good measure the Pen gave up the walk off in the bottom of the 9th.

Typical Mets
                          Football has been very, very good to us.
                          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                          4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE
                          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• I turned it off in disgust just before Granderson came up... Just as well... that happiness soon died.
                            Mets and Yankees aren't alone with horrible BP's.
                            I wonder how we'd be with a healthy Familia, Thor, and Harvey.
                            The Giants stopped stressing the heavy weight lifting. Muscle bulk never helped anyone in sports. I remember the strongest manin the worldin the 70's, Vasily Alexeyev, he looked just like an out of shape offensive guard with no muscle tone.
                            Bulk might look good, but it is useless in any sport other than arm wrestling. I am really surprised the Mets allowed Thor to bulk himself like he did. That tells me that not a single man on their training staff came to Alderson and TC and told them he should NOT be doing all the weight work. He tore a freakin' lat? I don't know that I've ever heard of that with a baseball pitcher. Football players, yes... not baseball.

Comment

Working...
                            X