• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover, roll over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1oJuwkXr0E

Sad.

Comment

• Blown out by Nat's again. Thats like 3 blowouts in five Game s
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

When I grew up in the 50s and 60s the coaches never wanted you to lift weights as a baseball player. Lithe... flexible. Cespedes has bunches of muscle and they need to be stretched carefully and religiously.
        Yes! less buly, but can still be striong and limber! look at the tennis players and swimmers! stamina galore and loose as a goose! Hate to watch Cespedes swing at an away pitch he misses on! looks like Herman Munster swinging at a pitch!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
          Yes! less buly, but can still be striong and limber! look at the tennis players and swimmers! stamina galore and loose as a goose! Hate to watch Cespedes swing at an away pitch he misses on! looks like Herman Munster swinging at a pitch!!

But Hermie Baby could really hit them out!
          Last edited by jimmie ray; 07-10-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Just some interesting stats I read today. The Mets are 5-21 against first place or wildcard teams. And Cespedes is hitting .113 since he came off the DL and is refusing to talk to the media after games.

How much worse can they get? Both Collins and Alderson's contracts are up after this season. Will be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd half.

Comment

• Cespedes is a mystery.

Comment

• Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                Just some interesting stats I read today. The Mets are 5-21 against first place or wildcard teams. And Cespedes is hitting .113 since he came off the DL and is refusing to talk to the media after games.

How much worse can they get? Both Collins and Alderson's contracts are up after this season. Will be interesting to see what happens in the 2nd half.
                Clean Sweep. Get rid of both Collins & Alderson. Then let new guys shed the roster keeping who they think can help. Have to get rid of Wright's injury prone status. See if he will retire. If not time to move on. Keep young guys like Conforto. Ces stays due to Contract. Hopefully he regains that magic next year. Need a real Catcher. Haven't had one of those in ages. Move Harvey while you can still get something for him
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Just some interesting stats I read today. The Mets are 5-21 against first place or wildcard teams. And Cespedes is hitting .113 since he came off the DL and is refusing to talk to the media after games.

I read in Newsday, that Collins WAS predicted to be NL Manager of the year this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Clean Sweep. Get rid of both Collins & Alderson. Then let new guys shed the roster keeping who they think can help. Have to get rid of Wright's injury prone status. See if he will retire. If not time to move on. Keep young guys like Conforto. Ces stays due to Contract. Hopefully he regains that magic next year. Need a real Catcher. Haven't had one of those in ages. Move Harvey while you can still get something for him
                    I suspect that Collins will be gone and Alderson will not. That's just my gut, and opposite of how I feel the responsibility lies.

Not sure how you can move Harvey at this point. He is worthless, they would need him to come back next year and pitch well before they will get anything for him.

Wright is a sad joke at this point. Maybe they can offer him another ridiculous Bobby Bonilla deal to get him to retire....

Comment

Wright is a sad joke at this point. Maybe they can offer him another ridiculous Bobby Bonilla deal to get him to retire....
                      The Mets have insurance on David's contract. The Mets get 75% of his salary back if he misses 60 games, so he's not crippling them financially.

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post

The Mets have insurance on David's contract. The Mets get 75% of his salary back if he misses 60 games, so he's not crippling them financially.
                        I know, but I would like to see the policy. *I have a hard time believing they can put him on eternal DL for the rest of his contract and keep getting it.

Comment

I know, but I would like to see the policy. *I have a hard time believing they can put him on eternal DL for the rest of his contract and keep getting it.
                          I researched it, and nobody seems to know if his contract is even still insured. Some same it was for 3 years, some say it was renewed. But it seems to be a secret.

Comment

I researched it, and nobody seems to know if his contract is even still insured. Some same it was for 3 years, some say it was renewed. But it seems to be a secret.
                            This says $50.25 million overall, but not sure how much of that has already been paid. He is due 20/15/12 for the rest of the contract.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/28/what-me...-reality-hits/

Comment

• TJ Rivera has to play everyday, and I don't care who has to sit.

Comment

TJ Rivera has to play everyday, and I don't care who has to sit.
                                agree... he has earned it.

And, David Wright? Always liked him. Upstanding and wonderful Met. But, he needs to get real and relieve some of that contract, insured or not. Play for pay. Contracts that pay guys guaranteed money, hurt or not, are horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X