No announcement yet.

2017 New York Mets Thread.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF!!!!!!!! TRADE JAY BRUCE TO CLEVELAND??????? THE ONE CONSISTENT BAT, GOOD PLAYER, NO BAGGAGE, NO INJURIES, YEAH. LET'S GET RID OF HIM!! A MONKEY COULD RUN THIS TEAM WITH A DARTBOARD ,BETTER THAN THESE GUYS ?? UNLESS THEY GOT SOME AMAZING TALENT, THIS IS ONE *** HOLE MOVE!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcseacliff View Post
      WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF!!!!!!!! TRADE JAY BRUCE TO CLEVELAND??????? THE ONE CONSISTENT BAT, GOOD PLAYER, NO BAGGAGE, NO INJURIES, YEAH. LET'S GET RID OF HIM!! A MONKEY COULD RUN THIS TEAM WITH A DARTBOARD ,BETTER THAN THESE GUYS ?? UNLESS THEY GOT SOME AMAZING TALENT, THIS IS ONE *** HOLE MOVE!
      The Mets season is over. Does it matter if he's here for a few more weeks?

Comment

• Originally posted by darrin99 View Post

The Mets season is over. Does it matter if he's here for a few more weeks?
        I think he was referring more to Bruce being here long term seeing he is consistent

What did they get in return?
        Football has been very, very good to us.
        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
        4-New York Giants!!!
        5-NE
        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Wow all they got was a minor league pitching prospect Ryder Ryan who was drafted in the 30th Round
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• why get rid of a good player? aren't you supposed to fill the roster with good players, trade the mediocre for better prospects?? Cespedes is always a swing or catch away from the DL!!! what would be wrong with resigning the good ones? wasn't Murphy a lesson learned??

Comment

• Granderson is the guy to salary dump, not Bruce! I can't wait for the Cheapons to be out of baseball......

It is time to fire Sandy and Terry, start anew but I know it won't happen
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

I think he was referring more to Bruce being here long term seeing he is consistent

What did they get in return?
                A box of toothpicks, it seems.

Comment

• https://www.theplayerstribune.com/lu...dbye-new-york/

Nice bit from Duda. If the Mets season were a horse, it would have been shot quite a while ago. Tons of salary will be off the books for 2018, should be interesting to see what the Mets do. Might as well get whatever you can for Bruce or any of the other guys who cleared waivers.
                  sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

• Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    Wow all they got was a minor league pitching prospect Ryder Ryan who was drafted in the 30th Round
                    They're hoping he's another Jacob deGrom. He was an infielder in college, and the Indians made him a pitcher because he throws in the upper 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                      https://www.theplayerstribune.com/lu...dbye-new-york/

Nice bit from Duda. If the Mets season were a horse, it would have been shot quite a while ago. Tons of salary will be off the books for 2018, should be interesting to see what the Mets do. Might as well get whatever you can for Bruce or any of the other guys who cleared waivers.
                      Totally agree. *I wonder what peeps complaining about Bruce would have said at the end of last year.

He is a solid but streaky hitter having a career year. *Wish him the best, but h was never going to be a met long term.

Comment

• Here we go, just keeps getting better! http://www.12up.com/posts/5402464-me...gs?a_aid=36534

Comment

• https://risingapple.com/2017/08/15/m...recent-trades/

Comment

• Personally, I think the Mets did the right thing trading their players, especially Bruce since he was gone after this year. The problem I have is what they got back in return. I feel like they did ok with the Reed trade, getting 3 lower prospects back, but losing Duda and Bruce for peanuts is crazy.

All in all, Iike what they are trying to do, Conforto, Smith, Rosales, ect. They need to trade some of that pitching when healthy though too. Problem is none of it is healthy.
                            The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                              Personally, I think the Mets did the right thing trading their players, especially Bruce since he was gone after this year. The problem I have is what they got back in return. I feel like they did ok with the Reed trade, getting 3 lower prospects back, but losing Duda and Bruce for peanuts is crazy.

All in all, Iike what they are trying to do, Conforto, Smith, Rosales, ect. They need to trade some of that pitching when healthy though too. Problem is none of it is healthy.
                              I get that, trying to get better, but like you said , all that trading just helped the bottom line! wish they could at least share the vision with the fans? all we see is a money grab by the coupons, without much return in the player dept?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                                Personally, I think the Mets did the right thing trading their players, especially Bruce since he was gone after this year. The problem I have is what they got back in return. I feel like they did ok with the Reed trade, getting 3 lower prospects back, but losing Duda and Bruce for peanuts is crazy.

The only starters of value are DeGrom and Syndergaard(who is not being pushed for obvious reasons from an oblique injury), they should trade neither of those 2. In the meantime the Coupons can open up the checkbooks slightly more after the season by cutting some coin and adding fringe prospects in the process. They could get lucky on some of these guys. It's unfortunate that the Mets are the Pittsburgh Pirates of New York financially.
                                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Working...
                                X