No announcement yet.

MLB- Designated Hitter to go away ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB- Designated Hitter to go away ???

[quote user="NYfanatic"]I heard it was the other way around. That the DH will be permanent in every league.
    DH = $$$
    Pitcher Healthy = $$$
    [/quote]

This would make sense. However, Selig makes NO Sense... but you never know.

Comment

Maybe that's why Cashman traded away Montero..maybe he had some "inside" word about the DH going away? Montero probably can't play any position, maybe 1B or RF in the future but not anytime soon.

But seriously as a yankees fan I kinda hope the DH stays for 3-4 more years, we are gonna need it to give aging stars some days off so to speak.

Comment

I don't know, Montero would have been fun in a few more seasons, once the older guys would have stepped down and all.

I am worried that Cash may dangle Nova out there though...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Comment

[quote user="calzonesays"]Maybe that's why Cashman traded away Montero..maybe he had some "inside" word about the DH going away?* Montero probably can't play any position, maybe 1B or RF in the future but not anytime soon.

But seriously as a yankees fan I kinda hope the DH stays for 3-4 more years, we are gonna need it to give aging stars some days off so to speak.
          [/quote]

Montero was traded because we needed pitching. Otherwise, he would have projected as the future starting catcher down the road.

The DH isn't going anywhere in 3-4 years. If changes were to occur, it will be discussed in the new CBA meetings in the future, especially since losing the DH would result in HUGE financial ramifications for certain all ready high paid players.

Comment

Working...
          X