Please Explain Why You Love Strahan but Hate Tiki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    Strahan also held out prior to the 2007 season while he contemplated retirement. That was also deemed as selfish by plenty of people on these boards and the media at the time. Both Strahan and Barber have their flaws, but they were both great giants players and should be celebrated as such.
    i remember back then always feeling like Strahan would come back and it never really bothered me at the time. i also dont overreact like most people on this board so lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bruner56 View Post
      Tiki threw his coach and teammates under the bus. Strahan did not. Plain and simple.
      It's not that plain and simple. Barber was a journalist who simply had a bad opinion about the giants at the time. Personally, I feel that he went way out of his way to be impartial, which is something that a lot of athletes turning into analysts do. If a person wants to call him a bad analyst or a ****, I don't mind. Calling him a bad giant is not cool in my book.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
        i remember back then always feeling like Strahan would come back and it never really bothered me at the time. i also dont overreact like most people on this board so lol
        I was in the same boat. I didn't care about his hold out and just figured he was making a business decision. You are right though. People on here overreact to everything and are way too emotionally invested into this team.
        sigpic

Comment

Not even close, Strahan stuck around and learned to admire TC and win a SB.

Comment

Originally posted by GIANTSACK View Post
            I think Strahan admitted he didn't like TC when he was first hired but at the end thanked TC towards the end and wouldn't play for anyone else. I think that's what I remember
            That's correct. And Strahan also said that to this day he sets his watch 5 minutes fast. On his wrist, car, and house.

Comment

He is a SNAKE! Speaking of Strahan and Barber, for me it was that situation back in 2002 that kinda made me start to lose respect for him. Trying to throw Strahan under the bus to make himself look good was WEAK then to confirm how much of a SNAKE he is he does it again to Eli Manning then of course we all know what he did to his WIFE and leaving her while she was Pregnant. So I was right about him back in 2002 he was/is indeed a SNAKE!

Also was extremely ARROGANT, remember Tiki retired a bit early thinking he was going to go on to be a big Media Star which ironically Strahan end up becoming what I think Tiki thought he was going to become. Having to interview Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning was Classic Stuff lol

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qdxXNDcWI7U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Hatred is for small minded people who have too much time on their hands
                The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
                  It's not that plain and simple. Barber was a journalist who simply had a bad opinion about the giants at the time. Personally, I feel that he went way out of his way to be impartial, which is something that a lot of athletes turning into analysts do. If a person wants to call him a bad analyst or a ****, I don't mind. Calling him a bad giant is not cool in my book.
                  You have a short and bad memory. Tiki was throwing Eli under the bus even when he was still playing. Also criticized TC as well before and after he retired. I don't think its any coincidence that the team won the Super Bowl the year after he retired. I will also add the fact that although he was still playing Shockey also went on the DL that season. Removing him and Tiki from the huddle IMO was a big reason Eli became a leader and the team won. And those are the facts.

Comment

Thank GOD!! I was hoping for another Tiki thread!!
                    I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

So this gets moved to general sports but it's about a career Giant.....Meanwhile, The same worded thread about Tiki, who is also retired, doesn't get moved.

Very consistent
                      Last edited by Gee718; 02-23-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                        I personally don't hate Tiki but Strahan didn't go after Eli the way Tiki did
                        But he went after the coach, which is a far worse crime...Is it not? You guys just have a page of excuses like i thought...carry on

Comment

Originally posted by GIANTSACK View Post
                          I think Strahan admitted he didn't like TC when he was first hired but at the end thanked TC towards the end and wouldn't play for anyone else. I think that's what I remember
                          So did Tiki...Guys act like Tiki never said anything good about TC....

Tiki is also the only former Giant with enough guts to admit it was time for TC to move on....TC moves on and we have our best record in years....

But nooooo...you guys don't want to talk about facts

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                            So did Tiki...Guys act like Tiki never said anything good about TC....

Tiki is also the only former Giant with enough guts to admit it was time for TC to move on....TC moves on and we have our best record in years....

But nooooo...you guys don't want to talk about facts
                            Because our best record in years had nothing to do with the $200M we spent in the offseason, together with an excellent draft.

If we had the same defense as 2015, we would have won zero games this year. Zero.

Comment

So by your standard, the Jaguars have more cap space this year and TC is Exec VP.....Lets see if he turns it around in one season with more cap spce

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                                So by your standard, the Jaguars have more cap space this year and TC is Exec VP.....Lets see if he turns it around in one season with more cap spce
                                You disagree that our success this year was based entirely upon the play of a defense that we didn't have in 2015?

And that our offense got a lot worse with TC gone?

Comment

Working...
                                X