Please Explain Why You Love Strahan but Hate Tiki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Explain Why You Love Strahan but Hate Tiki

Strahan has been very vocal about not liking TC..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.226706

"I can tell you, (after) my first meeting (with Coughlin) I went home and said, 'I'm going to enjoy this year. I'm not going to play for him next year. I hate him,'" Strahan said on a conference call to promote the book, which was released yesterday. "And now I can see myself definitely ending my career with him as a coach. I never would have thought that before."
    They nearly came to blows a few months later, just before the season opener, when Strahan was fined $1,000 for showing up for an 8:25 a.m. meeting at 8:23 - a blatant test of Coughlin's order that everyone be in their seats five minutes early. Strahan appealed the fine to the NFLPA and also had a heated argument with his coach.
    Tiki never almost came to blows with TC.

“I would imagine [Coughlin] was probably worse than anyone could thing Belichick would be. Because Belichick’s players love him, and it’s almost like a public persona that he gives off.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/c...oughlin-020217

“But Coughlin, we hated him. And it was real. It was no public persona. We hated the man. But now he learned that you can be tough, everybody’s going to have the same goal — to win — but you have to let [people] know you’re human. You have to know I care about you. And once he learned to let us know he cared about us, we loved him.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/tom-cou...-us-greatness/

The man that said "injuries are mental"......Tiki was right to call him out, Superbowl or not.......

I personally don't hate Tiki but Strahan didn't go after Eli the way Tiki did

Comment

WTF is this? Strahan has never been anything but complimentary to TC and Eli since he left.....Tiki was not.

Why is this even being discussed?
      "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

I guess I dont recall strahan going on a nationally televised show proclaiming this hatred for TC. Strahan talked about it after he found a way to get through it, he was talking from a perspective of looking back at where he was versus where he ended up. Where tiki seemingly decided to try and make a name for himself by trashing TC and Eli. The way each player approached it is the reason why people are upset with tiki and not strahan. its not because of what they think its the method they chose to unveil their feelings. Plus, Tiki hasn't really shown he is an upstanding citizen for other reasons beyond sports.
        Last edited by E-Z-E; 02-23-2017, 02:10 PM. Reason: spelling
        sigpic #80

Comment

I don't hate Barber so this has relevance to me at all.

But just reading the above makes very clear the difference in how each man handled his issues with his coach.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post
            I guess I dont recall strahan going on a nationally televised show proclaiming this hatred for TC. Strahan talked about it after he found a way to get through it, he was talking from a perspective of looking back at where he was versus where he ended up. Where tiki seemingly decided to try and make a name for himself by trashing TC and Eli. The way each player approached it is the reason why people are upset with tiki and not strahan. its not because of what they think its the method they chose to unveil their feelings. Plus, Tiki hasn't really shown he is an upstanding citizen for other reasons beyond sports.
            +1

Also, Tiki took a real mean shot at Eli, which Strahan didn't do.

Comment

It's quite simple -- No one likes a SELL OUT! I thought Tiki supported the team and said the right words while he was playing, but then he did an about face once he got that cushy job. No one likes a two-face who's only too willing to betray people's confidences for selfish reasons. It's not like he won a SB either to make his comments palatable. If you don't care much about the team to sell them out, why should the fans care much about you either. Loyalty is a two-way street.

Comment

Simple..
                Tiki is a narcissistic tool bag and Strahan is not.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                  I personally don't hate Tiki but Strahan didn't go after Eli the way Tiki did
                  LOL he retires a bit early with say maybe 3 or so good years left because he didnt feel he would be able to win a SB with Eli at the helm and didnt want to start over new somewhere else so he quits and goes into broadcasting only to screw that up to. Then to his dismay the Giants go on to not only win the SB the following year but they go out and beat the only 18-0 team in NFL History, LOL. I bet that still stings Tiki to this day. Then for good measure he goes out and wins another one 4 years later.
                  Football has been very, very good to us.
                  After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                  But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                  2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                  3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                  4-New York Giants!!!
                  5-NE
                  Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                    LOL he retires a bit early with say maybe 3 or so good years left because he didnt feel he would be able to win a SB with Eli at the helm and didnt want to start over new somewhere else so he quits and goes into broadcasting only to screw that up to. Then to his dismay the Giants go on to not only win the SB the following year but they go out and beat the only 18-0 team in NFL History, LOL. I bet that still stings Tiki to this day. Then for good measure he goes out and wins another one 4 years later.
                    Then Tiki gets fired from his media job, and Strahan becomes the media darling.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
                      Then Tiki gets fired from his media job, and Strahan becomes the media darling.

I think Strahan admitted he didn't like TC when he was first hired but at the end thanked TC towards the end and wouldn't play for anyone else. I think that's what I remember

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                        Strahan has been very vocal about not liking TC..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ticle-1.226706

Tiki never almost came to blows with TC.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/tom-cou...-us-greatness/

The man that said "injuries are mental"......Tiki was right to call him out, Superbowl or not.......
                        Strahan has openly admitted that he hated Coughlin at first, but then grew to respect him which is why he and TC have a close bond now. Tiki blasted TC during and after his playing days, which is why he still isn't close to TC. At the end of the day, Strahan didn't burn his bridges with the Giants the way Tiki did. Now, I don't personally hate Tiki, but I don't have any respect for him either.

On a side-note, what is this need lately to keep painting Tiki as some put upon victim? Tiki's own words and actions during and after his playing days created the bad blood between himself, the Giants and a large part of the Giants' fan-base yet somehow the fans who have issues with Tiki are the 'bad guys' and Tiki's the 'victim'.
                        One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E-Z-E View Post
                          This pretty much is exactly it

Strahan > Tiki

#Strahan4Prez

Comment

Strahan also held out prior to the 2007 season while he contemplated retirement. That was also deemed as selfish by plenty of people on these boards and the media at the time. Both Strahan and Barber have their flaws, but they were both great giants players and should be celebrated as such.
                            sigpic

Comment

Tiki threw his coach and teammates under the bus. Strahan did not. Plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X