Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Romo still not released. I don't like this....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post
    don't they save a ton of cap money if they release him after june 1?
    Yes, but it's complicated.
    http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2016...-in-offseason/

Comment

If they trade him they save a huge cap hit next season. They have no reason to release him as his contract is such that they can keep him right up until just before the season starts without any risk. They won't of course, let him near the practice field.
      I suspect they are just waiting a little longer before they release him.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

why would any team trade for him when he most likely is going to be released

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanNC View Post
          As a Giants fans you still can't disagree Romo can play at a high level when healthy. Jokes aside he is pretty good when the game gets tight.
          always liked Romo and thought he was a good QB and was better than a lot out there, unfortunately he had the bad luck to make mistakes with the ball at the wrong time and lately he seemed to be injury prone....

Comment

Eh, they already lost a lot of people by not cutting him early and use the cap space it provided.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
              Romo when healthy can tear you apart. He has value.
              Jerry is right to demand some draft choices
              when is he ever fully healthy? he has no value beyond a 4th round pick.

Comment

He will be released as teams interested are willing to wait till that happens

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...tion-tony-romo
                Football has been very, very good to us.
                After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                4-New York Giants!!!
                5-NE
                Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                  He will be released as teams interested are willing to wait till that happens

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...tion-tony-romo
                  I have the feeling the Texans will make a push to sign him, he'd be a good fit there..

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                    I have the feeling the Texans will make a push to sign him, he'd be a good fit there..
                    Well based off what we have heard for a few months I guess them and Denver would be the ones to make the hardest push for him once he is cut. But it would not surprise me to see a few other teams throw their hats into the mix
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Well based off what we have heard for a few months I guess them and Denver would be the ones to make the hardest push for him once he is cut. But it would not surprise me to see a few other teams throw their hats into the mix
                      the Texans have been just a good QB away from being a powerhouse every year so I would think they would be making a strong push together Romo

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
                        Romo when healthy can tear you apart. He has value.
                        Jerry is right to demand some draft choices
                        I disagree. Sure he's a proven quarterback but he's barey played in 3 years, has an iniuy history, and is 37. The Cowboys were supposed to "do right" by Romo and release him and let him find a place to finish out his career. Now they want to get picks for him? What team is going to take that risk? Maybe an idiot GM. Maybe for a 6th or 7th rounder and even then. I feel teams are going to call the Cowboys bluff and wait. Otherwise, he's on the books right?

Comment

Originally posted by flimflam View Post
                          I disagree. Sure he's a proven quarterback but he's barey played in 3 years, has an iniuy history, and is 37. The Cowboys were supposed to "do right" by Romo and release him and let him find a place to finish out his career. Now they want to get picks for him? What team is going to take that risk? Maybe an idiot GM. Maybe for a 6th or 7th rounder and even then. I feel teams are going to call the Cowboys bluff and wait. Otherwise, he's on the books right?
                          They will need to cut him before june 1 or he's on the books ...that's the way I understand it I i'm another team I'm waiting Dallas is not going to pay him 14mil to be a backup...or one would think

Comment

Originally posted by byron View Post
                            They will need to cut him before june 1 or he's on the books ...that's the way I understand it I i'm another team I'm waiting Dallas is not going to pay him 14mil to be a backup...or one would think
                            That's not what I heard Big B. I heard they can keep him right up to just before the season starts without costing them anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post
                              always liked Romo and thought he was a good QB and was better than a lot out there, unfortunately he had the bad luck to make mistakes with the ball at the wrong time and lately he seemed to be injury prone....
                              Lately?? Nah Romo has been injury proned since the 2008 season. Agreed with everything else you said about Romo. I think he hasn't fully recovered from that Seattle meltdown game during the 06 playoff game. Being a choke artist I think is what the masses still label him as. Otherwise very good qb and career he's had in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                                Lately?? Nah Romo has been injury proned since the 2008 season. Agreed with everything else you said about Romo. I think he hasn't fully recovered from that Seattle meltdown game during the 06 playoff game. Being a choke artist I think is what the masses still label him as. Otherwise very good qb and career he's had in Dallas.
                                He's a really good player who's been unlucky. That hit he took in preseason against Seattle would have laid anyone up. It looked like he broke his back.....which technically he did.
                                Anyone who thinks Houston or Denver can't win a SB with Romo is whistling past the graveyard. Especially Denver.
                                Luck can change on a dime.

Comment

Working...
                                X