Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Packers had the deepest weaponry in the passing game we've seen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2011 Packers had the deepest weaponry in the passing game we've seen

    Greg Jennings
    Jordy Nelson
    Jermichael Finley
    James Jones
    Donald Driver
    Randall Cobb

    ^^^All of these guys on the same roster. Clean the pocket, spread the defense out with 5 mismatches, and it's impossible to stop. Somebody will always be open, and was.

    It's why Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs in a game. It's why Rodgers won MVP. It's why they went 15-1 winning most games in blowout fashion, DESPITE having a weak defense.

    At its core, this spread WCO scheme is predicated on loading up the receiving weapons around the QB.

    The motto used to be "You can never have enough pass-rushers"

    Now it's "You can never have enough receiving weapons."

  • #2
    OK

    Comment


    • #3
      A lot of good it did them ....

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        A lot of good it did them ....

        Coming off a SB win in 2010.

        15-1 in 2011.

        Odds were against them repeating.

        This is the NFL, and the playoffs are like March Madness. One bad day and you're knocked out.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
          Greg Jennings
          Jordy Nelson
          Jermichael Finley
          James Jones
          Donald Driver
          Randall Cobb

          ^^^All of these guys on the same roster. Clean the pocket, spread the defense out with 5 mismatches, and it's impossible to stop. Somebody will always be open, and was.

          It's why Matt Flynn threw 6 TDs in a game. It's why Rodgers won MVP. It's why they went 15-1 winning most games in blowout fashion, DESPITE having a weak defense.

          At its core, this spread WCO scheme is predicated on loading up the receiving weapons around the QB.

          The motto used to be "You can never have enough pass-rushers"

          Now it's "You can never have enough receiving weapons."
          Well it got stopped in the first round for them when they got their drawers beat off by the giants on their home field. The team that won the SB in 2010 and went 15-1 in 2011 with all those WRs got shut down all day by the gmen and if it were not for some horrid calls by the refs they would of been embarrassed even more then they already were when the final second ticked off
          Football has been very, very good to us.
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
          But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

          # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

          1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
          2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
          3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
          4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE
          Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

          ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

          Comment


          • #6
            Oh right. Your the one that believes the giants needed a game breaking WR that they didnt have last year and that is why they only scored less then 20ppg. Hey I am all for stacking the O with a ton of weapons to throw to. But if your Line does not give the QB enough time it really wont matter much. And in this case we have a very immobile QB on the back end of his career.

            The FO knows what type of QB he is and does his best when well protected. Yet they have done little to nothing the last two offeasons to put the best people in front of him possible to give him the best chance to retire with another ring. Now as I said in the other Thread I do agree that they have the right combo of weapons to make their scheme work. Lets hope they can add another body or two to help give eli another second or two to find them
            Last edited by miked1958; 04-15-2017, 09:32 PM.
            Football has been very, very good to us.
            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

            # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

            1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
            4-New York Giants!!!
            5-NE
            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

            ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

            Comment


            • #7
              Not really the best lesson to takeaway seeing how this team dropped 6 passes against you in the playoffs, and didn't have a pass rush to compete.

              Comment


              • #8
                And a strong D will always beat them.
                Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  And a strong D will always beat them.

                  good point
                  Look what happened to Atlanta in the second half. NE's D took over that game.
                  The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by TEM View Post
                    good point
                    Look what happened to Atlanta in the second half. NE's D took over that game.

                    Atlanta had 1 real weapon in the passing game (Julio Jones). ONE. Sanu and Gabriel are complementary pieces that benefit from the attention Julio draws. On their own, Sanu and Gabriel are not threats.


                    Read the OP. Packers had up to 5 mismatches at once in the passing game.


                    And using an example of a team holding a 28-3 lead over Belichick/Brady, is not really a point in your favor. Atlanta's terrible clock management / decision-making took over that game.
                    Last edited by CRF11504; 04-21-2017, 05:07 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      And a strong D will always beat them.

                      Not if you have a strong D yourself.
                      Last edited by CRF11504; 04-21-2017, 05:08 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
                        Not really the best lesson to takeaway seeing how this team dropped 6 passes against you in the playoffs, and didn't have a pass rush to compete.
                        exactly.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Why are we talking about the 2011 Packers?

                          That's as random as it gets.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Why are we talking about the 2011 Packers?

                            That's as random as it gets.

                            It's not random at all.

                            McAdoo is trying to mimic the 2010/2011 Packers. That was when he experienced his peak with Green Bay.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                              It's not random at all.

                              McAdoo is trying to mimic the 2010/2011 Packers. That was when he experienced his peak with Green Bay.
                              Um....OK.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X