Tom Coughlin's Jaguars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Coughlin's Jaguars

I figured a thread on this would be worth it. Keep track of the old man and HOF coach and how he is doing over in Jacksonville.It will be interesting to see how he runs the ship over there and if they turn into a "Giants South".

First things first, show up 6 minutes early and there will be no more ping pong.

The Jaguars restructured their front office this offseason by bringing in Tom Coughlin to fix a perennially awful team. On Monday, some drastic changes that were likely inspired by Coughlin took effect in Jacksonville.
    First, the locker room was re-arranged so that young and veteran players are more evenly interspersed. Second -- and this is the important change -- the Jaguars' ping-pong table disappeared.

All jokes aside, the Coughlin-led front office definitely has a better idea of what it's doing than I do. With that being said, I'm pretty sure the Patriots -- the best sports franchise since 2001 -- have a ping-pong table in their locker room. Last June, Danny Amendola told a story about Tom Brady losing to him in a game of ping-pong at the Patriots' facility, which seems to confirm its existence. So, ping-pong definitely hasn't negatively impacted the Patriots.

All jokes aside, the Coughlin-led front office definitely has a better idea of what it's doing than I do. With that being said, I'm pretty sure the Patriots -- the best sports franchise since 2001 -- have a ping-pong table in their locker room. Last June, Danny Amendola told a story about Tom Brady losing to him in a game of ping-pong at the Patriots' facility, which seems to confirm its existence. So, ping-pong definitely hasn't negatively impacted the Patriots.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/to...ghlins-giants/

----------

I got a feeling he turns that team into a playoff contender in a year or 2. The division is soft and the team is already loaded with talents on both sides of the ball. Just need to find that QB and get the right mental state over there.

Good luck to him.
    I APPLIED TO BE THE NEW GENERAL MANAGER OF THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

It's not the ping pong table. It's a team that can hold coaches and players accountable on the football field and not hang on to bad players and keep putting them back out on the field. Well-known WR Chad Johnson did jack on the Patriots. Well-known WR Chad Johnson released by the Patriots after one season. DT Fat Albert Haynesworth did not even last a season on that team with his post Redskin-milking-FA-contract lackadaisical career. Belichick runs the Patriots team very well and keeps them staffed with playmakers.

Comment

They'll get the ping pong table back when they've earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        They'll get the ping pong table back when they've earned it.
        That's right, they'll make their money the old fashioned way........
        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

It all depends on Bortles, but I could see them going 8-8 this season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            All jokes aside, the Coughlin-led front office definitely has a better idea of what it's doing than I do. With that being said, I'm pretty sure the Patriots -- the best sports franchise since 2001 -- have a ping-pong table in their locker room. .
            The difference is the Pats EARNED their PP table.

Comment

so far TCs new organization seems to have had a pretty good offseason see how they do next week in the draft,he made them great once he might do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                It all depends on Bortles, but I could see them going 8-8 this season.
                I think the Titans are gonna be the team to beat in that division. Good young QB, good OL, good running game, good TE, some nice young pieces on defense. The collection of talent is legit plus they have the 5th and 18th picks overall.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBlue15 View Post
                  I think the Titans are gonna be the team to beat in that division. Good young QB, good OL, good running game, good TE, some nice young pieces on defense. The collection of talent is legit plus they have the 5th and 18th picks overall.
                  Yeah they should be tough. Dont count out the Texans either. Their D is going to be top 5. All depends on that QB situation. Maybe they draft Watson and hit a homerun. Then the Colts have Luck, but thats it.

Comment

Who is the GM? They are pretty defensive minded team as of late.
                    Long Live the King

Comment

One thing is for sure a lot of injured players might be pre-maturely rushed back on the field

I think Coughlin will do well there.....he supposedly has the last word in Jax which he did not with Giants

If he fails it will be mostly all on him

Comment

tom is a winner. i expect the jags to immediately be a threat in that ****ty division.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                          The difference is the Pats EARNED their PP table.
                          Belicheck has gone too far, if he's into waterboarding adversaries now...

Comment

Forgot to post this the other day, but Coughlin continues his school love taking LSU Leonard Fournette. He loves those LSU Tigers.

The trades up for his own Erick Flowers in Cam Robinson.

Drafts Dwayne Smoot to play the pass rusher role.

And just drafted Dede Westbrooke, who has character concerns so that was a bit odd. Great WR though.

Kinda upset he didn't go Cuse or BC yet

Comment

Victor Cruz wants back in. And is looking for Tom Coughlin's Jags.

Comment

Working...
                              X