No announcement yet.

Tom Coughlin's Jaguars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Cruz is visiting the Jags today, so there's that.

Comment

JAX is never going to the playoffs with Bortles at the helm.

They'd be better off having a losing record and rebooting the QB position in next years draft.
      SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

Originally posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
        JAX is never going to the playoffs with Bortles at the helm.

They'd be better off having a losing record and rebooting the QB position in next years draft.
        I agree, but do you remember the things being said about Eli his first couple of years? He was pretty bad. Bortles is still young.Time will tell. He certainly made the Giants look bad a few years back.
        Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Well, they appear to still not have a QB. TC needs to find his guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
            Well, they appear to still not have a QB. TC needs to find his guy.
            +1

Comment

They are now 1-0.

Have a good run game.
              A great defense (10 sacks last game)
              And look like a legit AFC South contender.

Is that TC?

Comment

They are now 1-0.

Have a good run game.
                A great defense (10 sacks last game)
                And look like a legit AFC South contender.

Is that TC?
                he walked into a pretty good situation with the defence . Their draft picks recently were Ramsey, fowler, jack. Bringing in Campbell was a very good move.

And Fournette is a special player.

but no doubt his influence is probably very positive - especially in a Non coaching role.

Doug Marrone is also a very good coach (I wanted the Giants to hire him...)

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

he walked into a pretty good situation with the defence . Their draft picks recently were Ramsey, fowler, jack. Bringing in Campbell was a very good move.

but no doubt his influence is probably very positive - especially in a Non coaching role.

I dont like Marrone. He is an *******. Then again, a lot of good coaches probably are, but he quit on Syracuse and screwed them over and then screwed over Buffalo.

TC is making a culture change over there, much like he did here when he took over for Fassel.

I still think it was time for TC to leave here, but we needed to find the right guy for the job. Im not bailing on McAdoo though. I just rewatched the game, and Eli left a lot to be desired out there that would have kept drives moving and maybe opened up the play book a bit more.

Comment

Well Fowler stinks (at least he did until last week), and Campbell and Fournette came in on TC's watch.

He also drafted Cam Robinson, who looked pretty good against JJ Watt last week.

The QB situation is a disaster.

So I wouldn't say he walked into a good situation ....
                    Last edited by TCHOF; 09-14-2017, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I think he is in the right job for him at his age. Instead of being involved every day dealing with HC stuff he gets to be the wise grandpa to the team. Might motivate his players considering his record. Not many other peeps in the NFL ever got the best of BB twice.

I wish him the best of luck unless and until we have to face his team in the superbowl.

Comment

Sit back and watch TC turn this team into a winner. So many wanted his head and now look what we have, Mac A Doodle Do
                        Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Comment

TC also brought Pat Flaherty to Jax this year. So far in that first game, he made what looked like one of the worst Olines into a dominating one against a great DLine of Houston.

Comment

TC also brought Pat Flaherty to Jax this year. So far in that first game, he made what looked like one of the worst Olines into a dominating one against a great DLine of Houston.
                            Yep and Newhouse anchors the right side of the Oakland line.
                            The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

Here is another...

RYAN NASSIB signed with the Jags. Competing with Bortles and Henne.

Gets back together with Coughlin and his college coach Doug Marrone
                              Last edited by TheAnalyst; 09-18-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

3-2 and the leader in their division. Great defense and a mean powerful running game. Damn Im envious. All they are missing is Eli Manning.

Comment

Working...
                                X