Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Zero? Why not?
    Not with that starting qb they have. Still a solid team all around.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Not with that starting qb they have. Still a solid team all around.
      Let me remind you that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have won SBs. Terry BRadshaw won 4. Eli won 2. Flacco won 1.

Obviously Bortles is garbage, but when you have the type of defense they have, anything is possible.

They have a perfect defense to knock out Brady and the Pats much like we did in 2007. They already went to Pittsburgh and slaughtered them 30-9.

They pressure the QB, stop the run, cover WRs, tackle, and suffocate.

They do struggle offensively, but they do have a good OL and a legit RB to help out. Also some good WRs./

All I am saying is they have a shot to win a SB, not that they definitely will. They are still a young team and it is Jacksonville by all means. But they do have a shot to get there and win it.
      http://thegiantsboard.proboards.com/

Comment

Let me remind you that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have won SBs. Terry BRadshaw won 4. Eli won 2. Flacco won 1.

Obviously Bortles is garbage, but when you have the type of defense they have, anything is possible.
        In this pass happy era.....you still need good qb play. You think a guy like Dilfer could win in this era?? I'm 99.9999% sure that Bortles is the reason why they have no shot at winning the SuperBowl. Just MO.

Comment

In this pass happy era.....you still need good qb play. You think a guy like Dilfer could win in this era?? I'm 99.9999% sure that Bortles is the reason why they have no shot at winning the SuperBowl. Just MO.
          You may be too young to remember those Ravens defenses, and yes, they would have won in this era too. Bortles is absolutely the weak link on this team, Im not disagreeing there. But to say they have no shot? Like the 2007 Giants had no shot getting into the playoffs at 9-7 and facing the 18-0 NE Patriots in the SB? A great defense beats a great QB most the time. The Jags have a GREAT defense I see every week living in Florida. It may be better then our front 4 in 07 to be honest. They 100% have a shot IMO. And they believe in Coughlin and Marrone.

Comment

You may be too young to remember those Ravens defenses, and yes, they would have won in this era too. Bortles is absolutely the weak link on this team, Im not disagreeing there. But to say they have no shot? Like the 2007 Giants had no shot getting into the playoffs at 9-7 and facing the 18-0 NE Patriots in the SB? A great defense beats a great QB most the time. The Jags have a GREAT defense.
            I remember that ravens defense clearly and i could tell that we are close in age. That was a different era. People like to use the different era argument all the time against Eli so how is that any different for a qb like Dilfer who practically didnt do much in 2000??

You think the Giants even get to the SuperBowl without Eli's great play in 07?? In this era you need GREAT defense and Very good to GREAT qb play in the post season. How was Brady the year after the Ravens won??

Until i see a garbage qb like Bortles win it all behind a great defense.....I still maintain my stance that the jags have no shot because of him. Ironically i would love for him to prove me wrong since Im rooting for them to come out of the AFC but i just dont see it happening.

Comment

I remember that ravens defense clearly and i could tell that we are close in age. That was a different era. People like to use the different era argument all the time against Eli so how is that any different for a qb like Dilfer who practically didnt do much in 2000??

You think the Giants even get to the SuperBowl without Eli's great play in 07?? In this era you need GREAT defense and Very good to GREAT qb play in the post season. How was Brady the year after the Ravens won??

Until i see a garbage qb like Bortles win it all behind a great defense.....I still maintain my stance that the jags have no shot because of him. Ironically i would love for him to prove me wrong since Im rooting for them to come out of the AFC but i just dont see it happening.
              I didnt mean that as an insult about being young. I was just assuming.

The different era comparison wasnt about Eli v Trent, it was about the Ravens D. That Ravens D would be a monster even in this era. Trent sucked in any era.

And no, Eli was clutch in that 07 playoff run and 2011, I say that all the time. I give him mad credit for that.

You may be right that the Jags dont win it all, its very hard to. They also need luck. But I see this defense and it looks like one of the greats, especially now with Darius clogging up the middle for the run stopping.

All I am saying is they are the best defense in the league right now, and when you have the best defense, I dont care who is your QB. An elite defense can carry a team to a SB. So to say there is no shot is a bit extreme IMO.

But yes, they have to upgrade Bortles this offseason.

Comment

I didnt mean that as an insult about being young. I was just assuming.

The different era comparison wasnt about Eli v Trent, it was about the Ravens D. That Ravens D would be a monster even in this era. Trent sucked in any era.

And no, Eli was clutch in that 07 playoff run and 2011, I say that all the time. I give him mad credit for that.

You may be right that the Jags dont win it all, its very hard to. They also need luck. But I see this defense and it looks like one of the greats, especially now with Darius clogging up the middle for the run stopping.

All I am saying is they are the best defense in the league right now, and when you have the best defense, I dont care who is your QB. An elite defense can carry a team to a SB. So to say there is no shot is a bit extreme IMO.

But yes, they have to upgrade Bortles this offseason.
                No i didnt feel insulted at all since we've never really had any of those petty arguments. Without a doubt its better to have an elite defense as oppose to elite offenses and the numbers clearly dont lie when they both clash in the playoffs and in particular SuperBowl.....

So i understand why you are giving the Jags a shot. So far i just havent seen a bum qb win it all in this pass happy era with an elite defense. I guess some will say Peyton from a few years ago but he still had to make some timely plays and hes an all time great who realized that he couldnt turn the ball over and he limited those to once playoff time came. I probably being a bit extreme when it comes to Bortles and the jags.......I'm just waiting to see it happen i guess.

Comment

No i didnt feel insulted at all since we've never really had any of those petty arguments. Without a doubt its better to have an elite defense as oppose to elite offenses and the numbers clearly dont lie when they both clash in the playoffs and in particular SuperBowl.....

So i understand why you are giving the Jags a shot. So far i just havent seen a bum qb win it all in this pass happy era with an elite defense. I guess some will say Peyton from a few years ago but he still had to make some timely plays and hes an all time great who realized that he couldnt turn the ball over and he limited those to once playoff time came. I probably being a bit extreme when it comes to Bortles and the jags.......I'm just waiting to see it happen i guess.
                  I was going to mention Peyton and the Broncos. Don't forget Joe Flacco and the Ravens. Flacco might not be as bad as Bortles or Trent or Brad but he wasnt great by anyneans. Bears nearly got one with Rex Grossman. Steelers 1st SB with Ben, Ben **** the bed in that game and still won with defense. It can happen if they all start believing. 1 TD and you are world champions. Believe it and it will happen! lol

Comment

8-4 and tied for the division lead.

Bortles had his best game of his career last game IMO, even if it was against the Colts

Jags play Seattle in Jacksonville next week. Will be a big game.

Comment

9-4

Beat up Seattle last night.

Fournette over 100 yards on the ground
                      Bortles looks fantastic the past 2 weeks
                      Defense is still balling despite a few breakdowns

I'm telling you, they have a shot to get to the SB.

And that's without their top 2 WRs in Robinson and Hurns.

Comment

They are looking like my favorite team right now. Its Stealers, Jags, Pats that I see leading AFC atm and Vikings, Panthers, Falcons that are in NFC. It looks ugly this year and Jags is my favorite one to get it but that would be a shell shock to everyone hahaha...good job Giants at firing a SB champ while we are still looking for a HC. Oh well, our HC will come soon and hopefully we get a bad mofo

Comment

Jags crush the Texans 45-7 to clinch a playoff birth. Blake Borltes is playing like Joe Montana right now. IVe been watching their games. Dude is locked in.

Oh, and they put up 45 on Houston without Robinson, Hurns, Lee (top 3 WRs) and Fournette (top RB). Bortles is doing this with Keelan Cole and Jaydon Mickens at WR. And Corey Grant at RB. lol

That D is the best D in the league.

Im still sticking by my story that they could represent the AFC in the SB. Could. I think they have the perfect blueprint to beat the Pats. Already destroyed the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Tom Coughlin is God out in Jacksonville right now.

Comment

Jags crush the Texans 45-7 to clinch a playoff birth. Blake Borltes is playing like Joe Montana right now. IVe been watching their games. Dude is locked in.

Oh, and they put up 45 on Houston without Robinson, Hurns, Lee (top 3 WRs) and Fournette (top RB). Bortles is doing this with Keelan Cole and Jaydon Mickens at WR. And Corey Grant at RB. lol

That D is the best D in the league.

Im still sticking by my story that they could represent the AFC in the SB. Could. I think they have the perfect blueprint to beat the Pats. Already destroyed the Steelers in Pittsburgh.

Tom Coughlin is God out in Jacksonville right now.
                            I promise you that the team the Pats fear the most is Jax. They play great defense and Bortles is finally getting it. He's kept his mistakes to a minimum.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

They have zero shot to win it all this year.
                              You still feel this way?

Zero shot?

Comment

You still feel this way?

Zero shot?
                                Yes, but not as strongly

i will certainly be rooting for them

Comment

Working...
                                X