• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post

Bortles
    Fournette
    Fowler
    Ramsey
    There's also Marcell Dareus and the suspended Justin Blackmon but anyway, that's more top 10 draft picks that the Giants will ever hold on the team in a single season in their modern franchise history I think.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

There's also Marcell Dareus and the suspended Justin Blackmon but anyway, that's more top 10 draft picks that the Giants will ever hold on the team in a single season in their modern franchise history I think.
      Flowers
      Eli Manning
      Eli Apple
      DRC

Odell was #11

And whoever we draft next year

Comment

Flowers
        Eli Manning
        Eli Apple
        DRC

Odell was #11

And whoever we draft next year
        DRC was actually a No. 16 pick and Odell was actually a No. 12 and both don't count in terms of being drafted in the top 10.

So just Manning, Apple and Flowers. No comparison to the Jaguars who had to suck for a while to accumulate some of their own top picks on their roster today like Fournette and Fowler.
        Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 12-23-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post

DRC was actually a No. 16 pick and Odell was actually a No. 12 and both don't count in terms of being drafted in the top 10.

So just Manning, Apple and Flowers. No comparison to the Jaguars who had to suck for a while to accumulate some of their own top picks on their roster today like Fournette and Fowler.
          You are right, my bad. For some reason I thought DRC was top 10. I think I was thinking Joe Haden who I think was top 10.

Yes, Odell was 12.

I was just pointing out that having a top 10 [pick doesnt mean anything.

They also had Blackmon, Joekel, Alualu, Monroe, Harvey and Gabbert too, all top 10 picks, all failed. (Thats in the past 10 years by the way. Crazy!)

The coaching and Coughlin effect turned it around. Not the talent.

You saw our talented D turn into crap with McAdoo as HC. Coaching is HUGE. And Coughlins environmental change in Jacksonville is HUGE.

Dont believe it all you want, but TC has changed the culture to a point in Jax where they expect to win, and the last 10 years they expected to lose.

Comment

Yes you need both right personnel and the talent, not just one without the other.

Comment

You are right, my bad. For some reason I thought DRC was top 10. I think I was thinking Joe Haden who I think was top 10.

Yes, Odell was 12.

I was just pointing out that having a top 10 [pick doesnt mean anything.

They also had Blackmon, Joekel, Alualu, Monroe, Harvey and Gabbert too, all top 10 picks, all failed. (Thats in the past 10 years by the way. Crazy!)

The coaching and Coughlin effect turned it around. Not the talent.

You saw our talented D turn into crap with McAdoo as HC. Coaching is HUGE. And Coughlins environmental change in Jacksonville is HUGE.

Dont believe it all you want, but TC has changed the culture to a point in Jax where they expect to win, and the last 10 years they expected to lose.
              Very true. Doug Marrone deserves the majority of he credit though (which he isnít getting). TC has created an environment but itís Marrones team for sure. He has done a great job.

although they looked horrible against the 49ers. I would have thought TC WAS coaching the way they let a loser opponent thrash them - TCs Giants teams always played down to sub-par opponents

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post

Very true. Doug Marrone deserves the majority of he credit though (which he isnít getting). TC has created an environment but itís Marrones team for sure. He has done a great job.

although they looked horrible against the 49ers. I would have thought TC WAS coaching the way they let a loser opponent thrash them - TCs Giants teams always played down to sub-par opponents
                They played like they just learned they clinched the division just before kickoff.

Comment

10-6 record after not having 6 wins the past decade. First time they are in the playoffs since 2007. First time they are division champs since 1999. One year of TC.

Jags owner Shad Kahn just publicly stated the reason for the big turn around was no other than Tom Coughlin.

Badaboom

Comment

Jags take down the Bills with suffocating defense and a run game, 10-3, to advance to the Divisional Round of the playoffs and on to Pittsburgh. Sound familiar?

Congrats TC and the Jags

Comment

Jags take down the Bills with suffocating defense and a run game, 10-3, to advance to the Divisional Round of the playoffs and on to Pittsburgh. Sound familiar?

Congrats TC and the Jags

With a young team . The are going to be good for a few more.
                      Never go to battle with the intellectually unarmed.

Comment

10-6 record after not having 6 wins the past decade. First time they are in the playoffs since 2007. First time they are division champs since 1999. One year of TC.

Jags owner Shad Kahn just publicly stated the reason for the big turn around was no other than Tom Coughlin.

Badaboom
                        As long as he's not coaching anyone.
                        It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

That defense is very good. It's unfortunate that Bortles is horrible. They need a QB without a doubt.
                          sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                            That defense is very good. It's unfortunate that Bortles is horrible. They need a QB without a doubt.
                            Its weird, because as soon as people say he is horrible, he normally goes on a run for a few games. A few games this year he literally looked like an elite QB. No joke. Hopefully he has that fire again for a few games because he gets ripped more than Eli.

Comment

Also, Tom is King in Jacksonville

https://twitter.com/MadeByTim/status...807104/video/1

Comment

Its weird, because as soon as people say he is horrible, he normally goes on a run for a few games. A few games this year he literally looked like an elite QB. No joke. Hopefully he has that fire again for a few games because he gets ripped more than Eli.
                                Well I hope he plays out his mind tomorrow, my 18+ years of dealing with all variety of NFL fans in the Navy tells me none are more insufferable than Steelers fans. Pound for pound, the most obnoxious fans in the NFL.
                                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Working...
                                X