X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAnalyst
    started a topic Tom Coughlin's Jaguars

Tom Coughlin's Jaguars

I figured a thread on this would be worth it. Keep track of the old man and HOF coach and how he is doing over in Jacksonville.It will be interesting to see how he runs the ship over there and if they turn into a "Giants South".

First things first, show up 6 minutes early and there will be no more ping pong.

The Jaguars restructured their front office this offseason by bringing in Tom Coughlin to fix a perennially awful team. On Monday, some drastic changes that were likely inspired by Coughlin took effect in Jacksonville.
    First, the locker room was re-arranged so that young and veteran players are more evenly interspersed. Second -- and this is the important change -- the Jaguars' ping-pong table disappeared.

All jokes aside, the Coughlin-led front office definitely has a better idea of what it's doing than I do. With that being said, I'm pretty sure the Patriots -- the best sports franchise since 2001 -- have a ping-pong table in their locker room. Last June, Danny Amendola told a story about Tom Brady losing to him in a game of ping-pong at the Patriots' facility, which seems to confirm its existence. So, ping-pong definitely hasn't negatively impacted the Patriots.

All jokes aside, the Coughlin-led front office definitely has a better idea of what it's doing than I do. With that being said, I'm pretty sure the Patriots -- the best sports franchise since 2001 -- have a ping-pong table in their locker room. Last June, Danny Amendola told a story about Tom Brady losing to him in a game of ping-pong at the Patriots' facility, which seems to confirm its existence. So, ping-pong definitely hasn't negatively impacted the Patriots.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/to...ghlins-giants/

----------

I got a feeling he turns that team into a playoff contender in a year or 2. The division is soft and the team is already loaded with talents on both sides of the ball. Just need to find that QB and get the right mental state over there.

Good luck to him.

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No...They lost because of their inept VP of football operations.
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

So they lost that game because of bad calls? ok
    Its possible. If they don't blow that Jack strip fumble dead, he scores a TD and it's 27-10 with about 7 minutes left.

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied

Haha...well played

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Leave a comment:

• TCHOF
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Well, I'd say TCs first year with the Jags was a complete success. 1 quarter and a few bad calls away from the Superbowl isn't too bad.

I'm interested to see how he corrects things in year 2. I'm guessing they upgrade the QB or go OL with their 1st round pick.

Good season Jags. You could beat the Pats but not the Foxvborough referees.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

So what do you think now?
    About them being a SB caliber team? I think they proved they were.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied

Has nothing to do with being a TC guy or not.

I was mocked quite a bit for saying the Jags were a SB caliber team by some earlier this season.
    So what do you think now?

Leave a comment:

• Parademon1
    replied
    Wow , I'm good!

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
    How much would it irk Giants management if the Jags win their div & go on a deep playoff run while the Giants are getting a top 3 draft pick?
    lol

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Well, I'd say TCs first year with the Jags was a complete success. 1 quarter and a few bad calls away from the Superbowl isn't too bad.

I'm interested to see how he corrects things in year 2. I'm guessing they upgrade the QB or go OL with their 1st round pick.

Good season Jags. You could beat the Pats but not the Foxvborough referees.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst
    replied
    Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Yeah, you were a big TC guy.
    Has nothing to do with being a TC guy or not.

I was mocked quite a bit for saying the Jags were a SB caliber team by some earlier this season.

Leave a comment:

• DandyDon
    replied
    I'm not saying I told some of you but.... eh screw it. I told you. SB caliber team.
    Yeah, you were a big TC guy.

Leave a comment:

• BigBlueAllDay
    replied

Some of those scored had some great coverage. Those WR's made some unbelievable plays.
    I expect Jax to give Tom Brady fits. The Pats WR's are very ordinary except for Cooks. Friggin Antonio Brown is incredible.
    You forgot Tom Brady's No. 1 target, the Gronk.

Leave a comment:

• Sarcasman
    replied

Some of those scored had some great coverage. Those WR's made some unbelievable plays.
    I expect Jax to give Tom Brady fits. The Pats WR's are very ordinary except for Cooks. Friggin Antonio Brown is incredible.
    I never said they didnít. I simply pointed out that when you are way behind you are more likely to pile up yards. And yeah, Brown is just unbelievable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X