Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
    What?? How can he die innocent if he was convicted a few years back?? I'm not sure how this whole appeal process work but why take so long to even appeal if you were innocent to begin with?? Hernandez's DNA was all over the murder scene of Odin Lloyd.
    Nobody is really doubting his guilt, but since he didn't get a chance to appeal, he's considered innocent because of the abatement rule.
    Last edited by darrin99; 04-19-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
      Nobody is really doubting his guilt, but since he didn't a chance to appeal, he's legally considered innocent because of the abatement rule.
      Yea thats crazy.Some are now thinking that it wasn't suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        I don't agree that this has anything to do with nor is reflective in any way on the Patriots.

Just like I don't think the Carolina Panthers or Buffalo Bills should have known that one of their players was a murderer.
        no you misunderstood
        I meant someone should have noticed his aberrant behavior not that he was a murderer

Comment

Originally posted by darrin99 View Post
          Nobody is really doubting his guilt, but since he didn't get a chance to appeal, he's considered innocent because of the abatement rule.
          his lawyer admitted he was in attendance at the murder but contends another guy went rogue and pulled the trigger.......it is what it is

Comment

Originally posted by BlueClue View Post
            no you misunderstood
            I meant someone should have noticed his aberrant behavior not that he was a murderer
            I agree with that. I just don't think it is the responsibility of his employer.

I think the more appropriate place to put that responsibility is on his family.

After all, it is the NFL. If teams are now going to be responsible to address the aberrant behavior of players there won't be many players left.

Comment

Sad ending to a historic fall for Hernandez. I feel for his family and friends, but Hernandez was a prime example of wasting your life with bad decisions.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                What a waste.........

The end of a terrible story.
                It isn't, actually. It gets worse....

His guilty verdict automatically gets vacated because he killed himself before he was able to appeal. It's as if it never happened. So, the punk ***** thug gets to die a innocent man.

It's a stupid law....but it's true.

edit.....should have read further into the thread before posting.
                Last edited by FBomb; 04-19-2017, 08:39 PM.
                I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Originally posted by FBomb View Post
                  It isn't, actually. It gets worse....

His guilty verdict automatically gets vacated because he killed himself before he was able to appeal. It's as if it never happened. So, the punk ***** thug gets to die a innocent man.

It's a stupid law....but it's true.

edit.....should have read further into the thread before posting.
                  What the technicalities are and what really is........are two different things.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Glad he's dead. Terrible person who deserved no better. Now the taxpayer won't have to suffer at his expense either.

Comment

never happy to hear anyone died. especially in this way.

but thinking about it, its weird to see a guy like hernandez and a guy like tebow come from the same team.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...420-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
                        Wow........Even after being convicted?? I guess we will truly find out soon enough if it was suicide or murder.
                        something seems fishy, you commit suicide after an acquittal? and before an appeal which you may get overturned with a decent chance at least with an attorney like baiz? it just doesnt make much sense . the timing is very odd

Comment

Originally posted by Harooni View Post
                          something seems fishy, you commit suicide after an acquittal? and before an appeal which you may get overturned with a decent chance at least with an attorney like baiz? it just doesnt make much sense . the timing is very odd
                          Decent chance? He was in prison for life without parole. He had as good a chance of ever getting out as the Browns do of winning the superbowl next year.

Hanging himself might have been the first smart thing he's done recently.

Comment

It is a pretty sad situation. I feel for his family, especially his daughter. I have no sympathy at all for Aaron though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
                              Decent chance? He was in prison for life without parole. He had as good a chance of ever getting out as the Browns do of winning the superbowl next year.
                              True. The chances of a first degree murder conviction being overturned are very,very, slim. In order to get a new trial, Hernandez’s lawyers would have had to prove that his first trial was somehow unfair or compromised, and that justice was not served.

Comment

Boy, Bellicheck runs a tight ship! he was about to spill all the pats secrets!

Comment

Working...
                                X