well the Eagles beat us to Legarrette Blount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well the Eagles beat us to Legarrette Blount

Reese either didn't want him or he just waited too long....

I didn't think he was coming here anyways...
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

^^^this

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
        money talks and I guess Reese was whispering..

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Wrong. Giants had an offer on table for him. Eagles offered more.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/864851565924012032

Comment

We were never going to sign him. Everyone should have known that if it didn't happen then, when it was a hot topic, it was never going to happen. Reese never wanted him...I thought it was really clear.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.M.C. VET View Post
              We were never going to sign him. Everyone should have known that if it didn't happen then, when it was a hot topic, it was never going to happen. Reese never wanted him...I thought it was really clear.
              Wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CRF11504 View Post
                Wrong. Giants had an offer on table for him. Eagles offered more.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/864851565924012032

Probably a low ball offer because if the Giants wanted him they would've got him.
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...arrette-blount

no mention of the Giants in this article but I did hear that prior.
                  Also the "tender" issue was an obstacle too. May have counted against a pick or something like that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-with-eagles/

The Eagles announced on Wednesday that they have signed Blount. Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the deal is worth up to $2.8 million for the 2017 season while Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Cardinals also showed interest in Blount before he made his deal with Philly.
                  "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                  You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Wrong.
                    Usually when Jerry drags his feet on things like this it doesn't happen. I read between the lines. Now we gotta deal with him at least twice a year...lets not think about playoffs against this team...what a pain in the ***.

Comment

I honestly don't think their was a big interest. They would have taken him at their price but no more. I am fine with this, as I would rather see the young RBs grow into their roles. Blount would have stunted that growth.

Comment

There was no room for him once we drafted Gallman.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Having Blount at the goal-line could mean the difference between 7 points and 3 points.

Comment

Having Blount at the goal-line could mean the difference between 7 points and 3 points.
                            Any of our RBs will be just fine at that role. Vereen has actually done well in those instances. With our OL, it is better to have a RB that can make guys miss or squeeze through small holes in goal line/short yardage situations.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                              Any of our RBs will be just fine at that role. Vereen has actually done well in those instances. With our OL, it is better to have a RB that can make guys miss or squeeze through small holes in goal line/short yardage situations.
                              I think before the draft Blount would have been a nice addition. But it was clear that when we drafted Gallman, who is a big, physical back, we were moving on from the idea of signing Blount. Once the draft was over, I assumed Blount was never going to be a Giant. I like him because he brings real attitude, which we need on offense.

Great pick up for Philly though. They have real problems at RB. Blount fills a huge need for them and makes them a stronger rival.

I hate to say it but Philly is dead serious this season. They have addressed a great many needs, especially on offense.
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Working...
                              X