Boston Red Sox 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Red Sox 2017

This thread is being created for my buddy MH St to discuss Red Sox baseball. No one wants to talk about them in the Yankees thread, so maybe there may be a closet Sox fan on here to help him out. If so, please do it. I will start things off by talking about Pablo Sandoval and David Price, who are two of the biggest free agent busts in MLB history. They are Carl Pavano kind of awful.
    sigpic

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
    This thread is being created for my buddy MH St to discuss Red Sox baseball. No one wants to talk about them in the Yankees thread, so maybe there may be a closet Sox fan on here to help him out. If so, please do it. I will start things off by talking about Pablo Sandoval and David Price, who are two of the biggest free agent busts in MLB history. They are Carl Pavano kind of awful.
    So was Jay Bruce for the Mets last year. So bad in fact they couldn't even Trade him in offseason. And every fan wanted him gone

Now this year he has been one if the most consistent hitters with a hot bath most if the time. Total turn around from last year
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Oh wait this is supposed to be Redsox Thread.. so maybe those two get hot next year for the Sox lol
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
        So was Jay Bruce for the Mets last year. So bad in fact they couldn't even Trade him in offseason. And every fan wanted him gone

Now this year he has been one if the most consistent hitters with a hot bath most if the time. Total turn around from last year
        Well Jay Bruce was traded for. Sandoval and Price were both thrown a **** load of money and have failed to deliver. I thought signing Ellsbury was bad. These two are way worse.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
          Well Jay Bruce was traded for. Sandoval and Price were both thrown a **** load of money and have failed to deliver. I thought signing Ellsbury was bad. These two are way worse.
          Right now we are mediocre. But i assume we'll pass the Yanks soon enough. Feels like 2004 right now. Going on a tear after the All Star break.

(I'm humoring my friend G who started this thread with nothing but love in his heart for Good Ol' Morehead.)
          Last edited by Morehead State; 06-14-2017, 03:40 PM.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            Right now we are mediocre. But i assume we'll pass the Yanks soon enough. Feels like 2004 right now. Going on a tear after the All Star break.

(I'm humoring my friend G who started this thread with nothing but love in his heart for Good Ol' Morehead.)
            I am always looking out for my friends. This is your thread and I appreciate your kind words.
            sigpic

Comment

I swear this isnt me: No Red Sox thread is complete without doing this:

Last edited by TheAnalyst; 06-14-2017, 05:58 PM.
              The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

IT just wont go away Morehead! Haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  IT just wont go away Morehead! Haha

You DO love your meaningless, obscure facts.
                  Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                    You DO love your meaningless, obscure facts.
                    Good for you.
                    Meaningless to the blind. Look close at those first 4 names.

And you ignore the truth. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Meaningless to the blind. Look close at those first 4 names.

And you ignore the truth. Good for you.
                      Blind? Check out his plate appearances up to age 26. He never had 500 plate appearances until age 27. He was a spot starter, even his first year in Boston he didn't play full time all season. It wasn't until age 28 that he was a full time starter.

PLEASE know what you're talking about.

Comment

I have no ill will toward either the Red Sox or the Yankees. But why stop at four names? The fifth name on the list is Babe Ruth.

None that has anything to do with Ortiz being a juicer. That's just a completely tangential fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                          I have no ill will toward either the Red Sox or the Yankees. But why stop at four names? The fifth name on the list is Babe Ruth.

None that has anything to do with Ortiz being a juicer. That's just a completely tangential fact.
                          I think that Ortiz used PEDs and I couldn't care less about it. Barry Bonds is the HR king in my mind and Roger Clemens was an amazing pitcher.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree on all counts.

I generally don't give a crap about whether a guy juiced or not, other than to say it just to get someone's goat.

Comment

I do have a fantastic Red Sox memory. Of course that's crippled ole' Bill Buckner not being able to bend down to field Mookie's grounder. "And the Mets win it!!!" (Scully at his finest). Probably the greatest comeback in WS history, given that they had none on and 2 outs when the rally started.
                              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Working...
                              X