Top 5 basketball players of all time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 basketball players of all time

The LeBron vs MJ debate has run rampant as of late. However, I have come around and decided that NEITHER of them are the GOAT. Here are my top 5:

1) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    2) LeBron James
    3) Michael Jordan
    4) Magic Johnson
    5) Larry Bird (healthy)

No Chamberlain? No Russell?

I don't know if I can come up with a top 5, it's very tough to compare across generations. I do know that James would probably be behind Chamberlain, Jabbar and Jordan on my list.

Comment

Originally posted by SG88 View Post
      The LeBron vs MJ debate has run rampant as of late. However, I have come around and decided that NEITHER of them are the GOAT. Here are my top 5:

1) Kareem Abdul Jabbar
      2) LeBron James
      3) Michael Jordan
      4) Magic Johnson
      5) Larry Bird (healthy)
      Wow you have LeBron over MJ?? Interesting. I'm gonna give you my all time starting 5 and all time greatest top 5.

Starting 5 lineup:
      Pg: Magic
      Sg: MJ
      Sf: Bird
      Pf: Duncan
      C: Olajuwon
      6th man: LeBron

All time greatest 5:
      1. MJ
      2. Magic
      3. LeBron
      4. Kareem
      5. Bird

Comment

1. Jordan
        2. Russell
        3. Chamberlain
        4. James
        5. Johnson and Bird
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
          Wow you have LeBron over MJ?? Interesting. I'm gonna give you my all time starting 5 and all time greatest top 5.

Starting 5 lineup:
          Pg: Magic
          Sg: MJ
          Sf: Bird
          Pf: Duncan
          C: Olajuwon
          6th man: LeBron

All time greatest 5:
          1. MJ
          2. Magic
          3. LeBron
          4. Kareem
          5. Bird
          I just think that LeBron is the better all round player. I think that people rag on LeBron because he is such a good player. People complain about him the same way they used to about Jordan back then. LeBron, just like Jordan, won't get his full respect until he retires.

Comment

Lebron is ****ing awesome; I don't understand how anyone can rag on him.

Comment

1)LeBron
              2)Jordan
              3)Magic
              4)Shaq(maybe not as skilled as other bigs, but the most dominant at his peak)
              5)Olajuwon
              sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

1. Brian Scalabrine
                2. Zaza Pachulia
                3. Kendrick Perkins
                4. Javale McGee
                5. Marcus Smart

It's no fun being too tall. IMO. Now I'm only interested in glomming at cheltenham festival 2017. My wife told me, she'd love to go horseracing with me, but she can't.
                Last edited by Nathan Redmond; 08-01-2017, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I don't know who my Top 5 would be, but Jordan would be the GOAT. LeBron is a great player, but Jordan wrote the blueprint that Lebron is following. LeBron has even admitted that he's chasing Jordan, so how can LeBron have surpassed Jordan when he's still playing catch-up?
                  One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Jordan
                    Magic
                    LeBron
                    Chamberlain
                    Jabbar
                    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Comment

1. Jordan
                      2. LeBron
                      3. Hakeem
                      4. Magic
                      5. Bird
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan Redmond View Post
                        1. Brian Scalabrine
                        2. Zaza Pachulia
                        3. Kendrick Perkins
                        4. Javale McGee
                        5. Marcus Smart

It's no fun being too tall. IMO. Now I'm only interested in glomming at cheltenham festival 2017. My wife told me, she'd love to go horseracing with me, but she can't.
                        How did Benoit Benjamin, Michael Olawakandi, Jerome James, or Tyler Hansbrough not make your list?

Comment

Can only go by players I've seen. In no particular order:

LeBron Jordan
                          Shaw
                          Duncan
                          Bird

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                            Lebron is ****ing awesome; I don't understand how anyone can rag on him.
                            It's kind of like the JJ Watt situation. He seemingly does everything in the public eye too perfectly (outside of that one thing, but even that raised a ton of money for charity).

What Lebron has done is actually incredible. He went from a pretty tough childhood to a millionaire at the age of 18. He was the best player in the league by his 2nd or 3rd season. He's seemingly been a loving husband to his high schchool sweetheart, a supportive father, and a role model and philanthropist. We've seen people like him screw things up time and time again and he hasn't even come close. I don't think he gets nearly as much credit as he deserves.

If this makes sense, I think Lebron James is the best basketball player ever, while Jordan is the greatest.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmulroy99 View Post

It's kind of like the JJ Watt situation. He seemingly does everything in the public eye too perfectly (outside of that one thing, but even that raised a ton of money for charity).

What Lebron has done is actually incredible. He went from a pretty tough childhood to a millionaire at the age of 18. He was the best player in the league by his 2nd or 3rd season. He's seemingly been a loving husband to his high schchool sweetheart, a supportive father, and a role model and philanthropist. We've seen people like him screw things up time and time again and he hasn't even come close. I don't think he gets nearly as much credit as he deserves.

If this makes sense, I think Lebron James is the best basketball player ever, while Jordan is the greatest.
                              It seems the tv announcement of taking his talents to South beach was probably the lowest mark of his career and at that time was validated by how he played in the 2011 Nba finals. LBJ has had a few hiccups but his positives for this league has been incredible.

Imo I would never say that Lebron is the best basketball player ever but hes definitely an all time great and will probably be appreciated more once he hangs it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X