Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Giants Team not to win the super bowl and why ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Giants Team not to win the super bowl and why ?

The three Iím going back and fourth with is the Ď85 team, the Ď89 team, and 2008

I think it's the '89 team. essentially the same team that won in 1990 without the Flipper Anderson fiasco.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I think it's the '89 team. essentially the same team that won in 1990 without the Flipper Anderson fiasco.
      I agree with that. That was a SB caliber team.

Comment

The 2008 team is still the MOST dominant Giants team I've ever seen before the shooting stupidity
        Definitely were primed for a repeat

Comment

08 pissed me off. I drank the koolaid and to lose to the Eagles.....
          I'm still sour about it.
          Last edited by dezzzR; 02-15-2018, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Have you ever seen a worse pass interference call in your life than the play before the flipper play ? Yes i have to agree, the 89 team was better than the 90 team in some areas. I thought we were better offensively.

Comment

The 85 team was the second best team in football. Didnít we get swept by Dallas that year though ?

Comment

2008 if Plax never shoots himself we win back to back

Comment

Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                  The 85 team was the second best team in football. Didnít we get swept by Dallas that year though ?
                  Th e85 team was definitely the precursor for the 86 team. The problem with the 85 team is that it didn't know how to win tight games. They lost a lot of close games. They were definitely a very talented team but not quite there yet.
                  The 89 team knew how to win but just lost that Rams playoff game on a couple fluke plays. The pick at the end of the 1st half and then the bogus PI call in overtime.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post
                    They swept us in 07 too

Comment

Th e85 team was definitely the precursor for the 86 team. The problem with the 85 team is that it didn't know how to win tight games. They lost a lot of close games. They were definitely a very talented team but not quite there yet.
                      The 89 team knew how to win but just lost that Rams playoff game on a couple fluke plays. The pick at the end of the 1st half and then the bogus PI call in overtime.
                      That game was one of the few big Home games that Simms wasnít his best. He struggled in that Rams game. We had trouble with them in 88 and 89

Comment

Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

They swept us in 07 too
                        Very true

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                          2008 if Plax never shoots himself we win back to back
                          Agreed. We beat all 4 teams that played in the conference championship Games that year.

Comment

Was born in 86 so too young for the 85 and 89 teams so id have to go with 08. Plax was our Eagle killer. Im still scratching on how he got more time in jail then Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by gntsfn View Post
                              Was born in 86 so too young for the 85 and 89 teams so id have to go with 08. Plax was our Eagle killer. Im still scratching on how he got more time in jail then Vick.
                              Mayor Bloomberg.

Comment

Working...
                              X