Gettleman VS Reese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gettleman VS Reese

I'm not a total Reese basher but the Apple pick was a real head scratcher for me. I also was strongly against the JPP and Eli contracts as they were written despite being a big fan of both players for most of their careers. I recently remembered a small deal made between Reese and Gettleman that at the time was considered a "bone being thrown" to NYG by DG. It was the Beason to NYG for a late draft pick. That in no way, shape, or form worked out for NYG. Beason could still play and lead, but could not make it through games let alone seasons. To have such a key piece of the D in and out of the lineup was part of a dismal stretch for NYG. Lets hope DG continues to have a nose for when to say when. I think it is a key part of an organization to have continued success and to be a threat to compete deep into the playoffs.

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
    I'm not a total Reese basher but the Apple pick was a real head scratcher for me. I also was strongly against the JPP and Eli contracts as they were written despite being a big fan of both players for most of their careers. I recently remembered a small deal made between Reese and Gettleman that at the time was considered a "bone being thrown" to NYG by DG. It was the Beason to NYG for a late draft pick. That in no way, shape, or form worked out for NYG. Beason could still play and lead, but could not make it through games let alone seasons. To have such a key piece of the D in and out of the lineup was part of a dismal stretch for NYG. Lets hope DG continues to have a nose for when to say when. I think it is a key part of an organization to have continued success and to be a threat to compete deep into the playoffs.
    I am sure all of the MB GMs will have Getty's head too after 2-3 years....maybe even after this draft lol

Comment

Their both imgrates!!

Comment

Not a Gettleman fan but he's better than Reese already in that he is at least trying to fix the O-Line and would be hard pressed to be worse at addressing that issue than Jerry Reese.

I'll tell you what though- if he doesn't turn things around pretty quickly that thick Boston accent is going to be like a cheese grater on my eardrum. Dude sounds like the most annoying of Red Sox fans that "Pock their Caaaaah down around the connna!"

Comment

I'm no big fan of Reese but it's a little too early to make a comparison to DG

Comment

When and if he places 2 trophies in the case. Then the comparisons can begin.
            The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Reese is GONE... lets just move on.
              Gettlemen, IMO, is doing a good job. Successfully or not, atleast he's not standing pat and actually trying to address our needs.
              Last edited by dmighty326; 03-29-2018, 08:16 PM.
              That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

Originally posted by dmighty326 View Post
                Reese is GONE... lets just move on.
                Gettlemen, IMO, is doing a good job. Successfully or not, atleast he's standing pat and actually trying to address our needs.
                yep. exactly. Luv the gettlemonster so far.

Comment

Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post
                  I am sure all of the MB GMs will have Getty's head too after 2-3 years....maybe even after this draft lol
                  Make no mistake about it, after round 1 half of this board will hate Gettleman...no matter who he picks lol.

Originally posted by TEM View Post
                  The funny thing is the haters give EA all the credit in the world for the first Super Bowl because he was GM when most of that team was picked up, then they give all the credit to the scouts for the second Super Bowl even though Reese was GM but "GMs don't really do anything, it's the scouts that do".

Draft well, make good FA signings and fix the flaws on the team and I'll be happy. I think most teams fail because they A) can't identify their flaws or B) can't fix them. Reese failed because he could no fix them, he tried fixing the OL but simply could not get the right pieces.

LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

no doubt
                    That's why we discuss, We all have different perspectives. Ride and Die with the NY Giants

Comment

This is true, BUT DG was with the Giants when they built that 2007 team, and was with Buffalo organization when they built their AFC championship teams. My point perhaps wasn't clear, but I was pointing out perhaps his instincts on when to move on from players may be better. Most board members agree, if the Giants are going to play a drop back pocket QB, the OL is absolutely critical. I'm thinking he's just started fortifying the O line.
                      I actually was trying to start a thread that wasn't about Odell, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                        Make no mistake about it, after round 1 half of this board will hate Gettleman...no matter who he picks lol.

The funny thing is the haters give EA all the credit in the world for the first Super Bowl because he was GM when most of that team was picked up, then they give all the credit to the scouts for the second Super Bowl even though Reese was GM but "GMs don't really do anything, it's the scouts that do".

Draft well, make good FA signings and fix the flaws on the team and I'll be happy. I think most teams fail because they A) can't identify their flaws or B) can't fix them. Reese failed because he could no fix them, he tried fixing the OL but simply could not get the right pieces.
                        Reese mads some mistakes. That goes with the job. All GMs make mistakes. It is undeniable that JR built 2 Championship teams.

On another note I am looking forward to the 26. It is not even who we pick or what Dave does . It is what will transpire on the MB afterwards that I am the most anticipating. I just hope my internet connection or the site do not go down. That night my friend will be convoluted mix of bellyaching and elation. I do not want to miss on second of it.
                        The Dallas Cowboys have now gone exactly One Third of their pathetic existence without a Super bowl appearance.

Comment

Reese mads some mistakes. That goes with the job. All GMs make mistakes. It is undeniable that JR built 2 Championship teams.

On another note I am looking forward to the 26. It is not even who we pick or what Dave does . It is what will transpire on the MB afterwards that I am the most anticipating. I just hope my internet connection or the site do not go down. That night my friend will be convoluted mix of bellyaching and elation. I do not want to miss on second of it.
                          People deny it here all the time haha. Not me, but others. I could care less. I thought he was a fine GM until the end when he could not fix the OL. I thought the roster was much more talented than 3-13 though and thus blame Mac for the season much more than Reese.

Yeah this place will be a wreck no matter what. I really look forward to watching the first round and rooting for certain players to drop to round two. I think we can get a steal in the 2nd.
                          LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                          "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

Originally posted by IrishMike357 View Post
                            People deny it here all the time haha. Not me, but others. I could care less. I thought he was a fine GM until the end when he could not fix the OL. I thought the roster was much more talented than 3-13 though and thus blame Mac for the season much more than Reese.

Yeah this place will be a wreck no matter what. I really look forward to watching the first round and rooting for certain players to drop to round two. I think we can get a steal in the 2nd.
                            We will get a good player in the 2nd,

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
                              I really don't want to rehash it ALL so I'll add a few.

The re-signing of Beatty
                              The signing of Baas after ignoring the multi year demise of O'Hara.........we didn't have to spend that much on a declining FA if he had some foresight

Oh diggy zowa
                              JPP of TE
                              Marvin freakin Austin
                              Travis freakin Beckum
                              Matt freakin Dodge
                              Ryan Nassib for 2 picks when our OL and LB suck

Many more but I'm done.

DG can't be worse, let's hope he is better.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X