Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever think about the Super Bowl we lost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever think about the Super Bowl we lost?

It's like it's been erased from history.

None of my Giant friends ever talk about it, the organization ignores it.

I don't even remember any details from the game much, except that return touchdown they had.

That NFC title game was such an awesome day too that year.

I like what it says about our standards though, that just getting there is not to be celebrated.

Unless someone brings it up. Otherwise it's buried like Jimmy Hoffa
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Comment

I’m upset at how poorly prepared they were especially after destroying Minnesota. Fassel thought Collins could do the same thing to Baltimore. Big mistake. Should’ve fed Tiki the ball.

Comment

I think it's because it was a blow out. For me the Wild Card game in 2002 against the 49ers is a lot harder to swallow.

Comment

I do cause it's the 1 blemish we have in SB appearances. We lost in all 3 phases of that game. As bad as we beat the Vikes in the Championship game is how bad we lost that SB. I'd much rather think about the other 4 SB appearances.

Comment

I hardly ever do..its etched somewhere in the back of mind with other bad memories. ..

Comment

I think about it from time to time. Poor game plan against a great defense. Giants were doomed from the start.

Comment

I like to tell myself that had that phantom holding call on the interception not been called then we would have been looking at an entirely different game. Fate always wins in the end.

Comment

If it wasn't for that questionable holding penalty on the Jessie Armstead INT touchdown return we were right back in that game

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                    I think it's because it was a blow out. For me the Wild Card game in 2002 against the 49ers is a lot harder to swallow.
                    OMG in heaven ! I still have nightmares over that one !

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post

I don't even remember any details from the game much, except that return touchdown they had.

I like what it says about our standards though, that just getting there is not to be celebrated.
                      I don't think about it but losing to that moronic, blabbering murderer Lewis is what bothered me most.

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post

I'm not upset at all. That was a great season and an all time great championship game.
                        The 2000 Giants were an overachieving team that was badly outmanned by the Ravens. We could not handle their physicality.

That was a good team we had and they got the most out of their ability.
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

No never, meanwhile little brother was bragging for years about losing an AFC championship game like it was some great accomplishment LOL

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post
                            Pass interference so f'ng obvious...was at a bar with friends and we went nuts. How we blew that lead was mind boggling.

Defenses win championships...and that Raven team had one of the best ever. Nobody remembers the losing team, unless you lose 4 in a row. Then you begin to get credit for having a great team that was just not quite good enough. No wide right, and that would of made me far more upset...being so close, having the perfect game plan, and then losing with a last second field goal.....

Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

I never think about it. I never thought that was such a great team and we got so totally crushed in the SB, there is no reason to think about it much if at all.
                              No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X