Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever think about the Super Bowl we lost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was it something like 34-7?? Seems there were a few really bad calls that went against the Giant's when the game was still roughly even and could of went either

Had those calls gone correctly it would of been a huge boost at the time and the game could of took a turn in a different direction because football is a game of momentum. Those blown calls put them in a hole that they couldn't climb out of then it just snowballed. Would they have won had they got those calls? Probably not.

I remember doing a landscape job with my son the morning of the game. We were so excited to go home and watch them in SB. What a let down.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
      I never think about it. I never thought that was such a great team and we got so totally crushed in the SB, there is no reason to think about it much if at all.
      A much better team beat the Giants that day. Not much else to say.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aris View Post

Defenses win championships...and that Raven team had one of the best ever. Nobody remembers the losing team, unless you lose 4 in a row.

Or if you lose with an undefeated 18-0 record.

Comment

Originally posted by BronxBomberBlue View Post

Or if you lose with an undefeated 18-0 record.
          Hahah
          Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'm not upset at all. That was a great season and an all time great championship game.
            The 2000 Giants were an overachieving team that was badly outmanned by the Ravens. We could not handle their physicality.

That was a good team we had and they got the most out of their ability.
            Exactly. I was over that one, in less than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

Exactly. I was over that one, in less than 5 minutes.
              Yeah...Personally I don't get the view that the 2000 SB was some kind of "dark stain" in Giants history.

That team was one of my favorite Giants teams. We were just way outmatched by an all time great defense. No bad calls cost us that game. We just weren't near good enough.
              But they really had a great season with not a great team. And there was nothing better than that 41-0 championship game.

The build up all week before that game was that Duante Culpepper was some kind of combination between Johnny Unitas and John F. Kennedy.
              WFAN had him up for sainthood. We were going to get crushed.
              Well guess what dumbasses............
              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I was upset with it for a while, until 2007. Not that I thought in any way shape or form we should have won that game, or were even close to as talented as the Ravens, but just because I really thought we had a good chance after destroying Minnesota.

But right now, I dont think of it.

Comment

Nope. I never think about it. At that point in my life I was in the middle of my enlistment in the Marine Corps and barely had time to pay attention to football. Didn't even own a TV.
                  LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
                  "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

Comment

I rarely think about the SB loss to the Ravens since I stopped watching it at halftime and I still refuse to watch any clips from the game. What's done is done.
                    One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingcap88 View Post
                      I rarely think about the SB loss to the Ravens since I stopped watching it at halftime and I still refuse to watch any clips from the game. What's done is done.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                        Iím upset at how poorly prepared they were especially after destroying Minnesota. Fassel thought Collins could do the same thing to Baltimore. Big mistake. Shouldíve fed Tiki the ball.
                        Baltimore had a monster defense! Defense always beats Offense!
                        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by cpirish View Post
                          It's like it's been erased from history.

None of my Giant friends ever talk about it, the organization ignores it.

I don't even remember any details from the game much, except that return touchdown they had.

That NFC title game was such an awesome day too that year.

I like what it says about our standards though, that just getting there is not to be celebrated.
                          Not until you brought it up....THANKS A LOT !
                          Why donít you just bring up how fat I was in grammar school too while youíre at it!!!!

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Things I remember:

1.) Phantom defensive holding call.(didn't decide the game, but an awful call and a huge momentum changer) that erased the Armstead TD.
                            2.)Dixon returns a kickoff finally giving the us something, and the immediate following kick get taken to the house by the Ravens(just a full kick in the nuts)
                            3.)It was the absolute worst of Kerry Collins that day, and i'm no Collins hater. That Ravens D was great, but Collins played like a scared little school girl. They could have played 100 times and if Collins played like that they would have lost all 100 of them.
                            4.)Regardless, that NFCCG is one of my favorite Giants games of all time, top 5 without a doubt.
                            5.)When a SB is a blowout, the much better team wins. This was no exception.
                            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

Not until you brought it up....THANKS A LOT !
                              Why donít you just bring up how fat I was in grammar school too while youíre at it!!!!
                              Don't be so sensitive chubby.....

I crack myself up!
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Not often because I became a Giants Fan a few years after that Super Bowl Loss.
                                New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X