Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am such a huge Giants fan...(add your story)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am such a huge Giants fan...(add your story)

    that I subtly altered my wedding receptions plans so that my father, my brother and I could watch the Chargers game together.

    Add your story to the thread
    Last edited by Delicreep; 04-05-2018, 04:15 PM.
    "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

  • #2
    Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
    that I subtly altered my wedding receptions plans so that my father, my brother and I could watch the Chargers game together.

    Which season, Deli?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

      Which season, Deli?
      Just got married...tell your story..
      "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

      Comment


      • #4
        Congrats. I'm such a big fan that I CANNOT watch Giants games DVR'd. I will only if its last resort. If its telecast opposite the Bills game(my Wifes team but she has adopted Giants 2nd) I carry a 2nd big screen out into living room and they are side by side. Whichever team has better record gets the sound. I'm such a big Giants fan that despite the fact they are only blacked out here if they are playing at the same time as the Bills, I purchase the NFL ticket. I'm such a big Giants fan that I limit my Sunday Charters(I run fishing charters on Lake Ontario) to half day outings only. We are wrapped up by mid October for the most part, and when they are good they get lots of prime time late games. So only when they are poor performers does it cost me a few bucks.

        Comment


        • #5
          I packed up my family and left my family christmas dinner before dinner was served after the Giants melted down and lost to the Vikings in 97.

          My father and brother followed and we have never allowed that sister to host christmas dinner since. It took my mother years to get over that but she held her tongue since my father supported it. We now just refer it as the worst christmas gathering ever.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
            I packed up my family and left my family christmas dinner before dinner was served after the Giants melted down and lost to the Vikings in 97.

            My father and brother followed and we have never allowed that sister to host christmas dinner since. It took my mother years to get over that but she held her tongue since my father supported it. We now just refer it as the worst christmas gathering ever.
            Touching story.
            "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post
              Congrats. I'm such a big fan that I CANNOT watch Giants games DVR'd. I will only if its last resort. If its telecast opposite the Bills game(my Wifes team but she has adopted Giants 2nd) I carry a 2nd big screen out into living room and they are side by side. Whichever team has better record gets the sound. I'm such a big Giants fan that despite the fact they are only blacked out here if they are playing at the same time as the Bills, I purchase the NFL ticket. I'm such a big Giants fan that I limit my Sunday Charters(I run fishing charters on Lake Ontario) to half day outings only. We are wrapped up by mid October for the most part, and when they are good they get lots of prime time late games. So only when they are poor performers does it cost me a few bucks.
              Yeah...I can't do the DVR thing either.

              I live in the sticks, without cable*, so about 2 or 3 times a year I head off to a bar to watch a game.

              When I was a boy, I used to fish at Sandy Creek...beautiful area, with great fishing.
              "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                Touching story.
                I'm sensing sarcasm...
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  I watched the 1st Giants/Pats SB all alone as I was single at the time, and despite being invited to numerous parties they were not Giants fans. Social events not worthy of my pacing and yelling at the TV. When that most unlikely upset ended I sat stunned for about 45 mins. My daughter called screaming and hollering from a SB party. I will never forget that. She brought a cake she made to the party that sported Giants logo on one side and a Pats logo on the opposite side--for her phony friends that became Pats fans that season. She credits baking such a cake as bringing good karma to her Giants.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                    Yeah...I can't do the DVR thing either.

                    I live in the sticks, without cable*, so about 2 or 3 times a year I head off to a bar to watch a game.

                    When I was a boy, I used to fish at Sandy Creek...beautiful area, with great fishing.
                    My spot during a bachelor period was "Buffalo wild wings." Which Sandy, up North by Salmon River and Henderson Harbor or the western one in Monroe County?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      91 or 92 not real sure of year I was putting siding on our house on weekends .. I lugged the TV outside along with some rabbit ears so I could watch ... It was a game that by the end of the first half they were up by at least 3 TD's .. Figured they had it in the bag , nope ! I believe it was Dallas came back in the second half and won ...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

                        My spot during a bachelor period was "Buffalo wild wings." Which Sandy, up North by Salmon River and Henderson Harbor or the western one in Monroe County?
                        Up North.
                        "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I seriously can name a hundred things. Iím aspergers, so I really focus on certain topics. And being a giants fan is something everyone knows about me. I never miss a game. I live in PA, so I go to the same sports bar every single week to watch my game. There is a booth there just for me w my own TV. Every year my wife gets me a crazy giants birthday cake. (Iím 41) lol.
                          I have prob 250 Jerseys or more. I check this site and others probably 30 times a day or more. I BLEED TRUE BLUE!!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

                            Up North.
                            I fished the Western one as a kid. Flat farmland but good fishing as well. I've spent some time as a young adult in that North country and we do lake tournaments out of Oswego each Summer. It is beautiful from Sodus all the way to the 1000 islands.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              im such a big fan i have a Giants tattoo w/ super bowl years on my back left shoulder. the only gifts i get from people are Giants gear. And family knows to schedule parties/gatherings around Giants game schedule lol (tbh i think they moved family parties to either saturday or 10am Sunday because of me lol)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X