Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am such a huge Giants fan...(add your story)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

So you are only half as pathetic as me
    Now you're selling me short!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LakeO Giant fan View Post

I could have wrote this.
      Haha you get what I'm saying bro. Not going to sit and watch the game and shut the **** up wit the chit chat then get the hell out lol
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post

Haha you get what I'm saying bro. Not going to sit and watch the game and shut the **** up wit the chit chat then get the hell out lol
        EXACTLY. I have watched every Giants SB either alone or w my wife. My daughter is a Giants fan but opted for the parties and the fake fans. I don't mind having or attending a SB party--but not when NYG is in it.

Comment

EXACTLY. I have watched every Giants SB either alone or w my wife. My daughter is a Giants fan but opted for the parties and the fake fans. I don't mind having or attending a SB party--but not when NYG is in it.
          No way. SB parites have to many big wagon or just casual fans invited that use it like a regular party to mingle or talk about the kids or whatever else is going on in their lives and could care less about what's going on with the game. To make matters worse they do this right in the room with the TV and u become the bad guy for speaking up

Even Regular Season games I don't like any extra people messing with the chemistry if u know what I mean
          After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

No way. SB parites have to many big wagon or just casual fans invited that use it like a regular party to mingle or talk about the kids or whatever else is going on in their lives and could care less about what's going on with the game. To make matters worse they do this right in the room with the TV and u become the bad guy for speaking up

Even Regular Season games I don't like any extra people messing with the chemistry if u know what I mean
            I know EXACTLY what you mean, on both counts. True story-- we had a young guy in his late twenties come to the front door(he was picking up something for a fundraiser) at the exact moment Donnell WENT OUT OF BOUNDS short of the 1st down marker. Yes, all 260 lbs of him chose to avoid contact with a 190 lb DB. It was 3rd down with the Giants trailing the Ravens late in the game. As he approached the front door I was in a profanity laced tirade directed at the weak hearted TE. I get real angry but I have never sworn at a Giants player until then. Bobby Rainey got me close, however. So anyway, our visitor was directed to the back door to pick up our donation. By the time he got around to the back door I was jumping up and down in elation as Eli hit Beckham in stride on 4th down and he took it to the house for the game winner. The guy(Bills fan) looked like he saw a ghost when he looked at me--he had to know exactly what happened in the 1 minute he went from front to back door. I was happy to explain with the Giants emerging victorious.

Several days later at the fundraiser, he tells my wife--"wow, I want to watch football with HIM." LOL

Comment

I know EXACTLY what you mean, on both counts. True story-- we had a young guy in his late twenties come to the front door(he was picking up something for a fundraiser) at the exact moment Donnell WENT OUT OF BOUNDS short of the 1st down marker. Yes, all 260 lbs of him chose to avoid contact with a 190 lb DB. It was 3rd down with the Giants trailing the Ravens late in the game. As he approached the front door I was in a profanity laced tirade directed at the weak hearted TE. I get real angry but I have never sworn at a Giants player until then. Bobby Rainey got me close, however. So anyway, our visitor was directed to the back door to pick up our donation. By the time he got around to the back door I was jumping up and down in elation as Eli hit Beckham in stride on 4th down and he took it to the house for the game winner. The guy(Bills fan) looked like he saw a ghost when he looked at me--he had to know exactly what happened in the 1 minute he went from front to back door. I was happy to explain with the Giants emerging victorious.

Several days later at the fundraiser, he tells my wife--"wow, I want to watch football with HIM." LOL
              Awesome story!!! I remember one time we hard a couple extra diehards come to watch the game and I moved a black recliner and another chair into the living room. Only the Black recliner didn't quite fit in the room. So it was half in the room and half in the kitchen and my wife was sitting in it and they won. This was 2007 and needless to say my wife sat in that recliner each week till we won the SB even when no one else was over and there was plenty of room on the comfy couch. And yes she had to be "HALF IN THE LIVING ROOM AND HALF IN THE KITCHEN" for every game

I got this from my dad who was so superstitious. If my my Mom walked in and they did something good he'd yell STAY RIGHT THERE, DONT MOVE" or if they did something bad he'd call her a jinx.

Or the time my daughter came thru with a white robe just as the Gmen scored a TD in 2011. She had to wear it over her clothes for every game. It became know as the "White Coat" that brought us to the promise Land lol
              Last edited by miked1958; 04-17-2018, 11:22 PM.

4-New York Giants!!!
              5-NE

Comment

I became a fan of the Giants on the 6th Dec 2015 after watching the overtime loss to the Jets. As it was my first ever game I wasn't sure who to follow however after watching OBJ do his thing and that hurdle touchdown celebration, I was a fan. Probably why I'm not a fan of the trade OBJ club.

So my story is a little different to the stories so far and not as entertaining however I'll fly 13 or so hours at the end of the year to watch 2 games which I think makes me a decent fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Aus Giant View Post
                  I became a fan of the Giants on the 6th Dec 2015 after watching the overtime loss to the Jets. As it was my first ever game I wasn't sure who to follow however after watching OBJ do his thing and that hurdle touchdown celebration, I was a fan. Probably why I'm not a fan of the trade OBJ club.

So my story is a little different to the stories so far and not as entertaining however I'll fly 13 or so hours at the end of the year to watch 2 games which I think makes me a decent fan.
                  It does! It will serve you well that you became a fan during a down turn. The guys that got me as a child were Ron Johnson, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Files, and I can still see Bob Tucker running down the sidelines carrying the ball carelessly not tucked to his body. Great Giants but I often wonder where any of them would be drafted today.

Comment

Awesome story!!! I remember one time we hard a couple extra diehards come to watch the game and I moved a black recliner and another chair into the living room. Only the Black recliner didn't quite fit in the room. So it was half in the room and half in the kitchen and my wife was sitting in it and they won. This was 2007 and needless to say my wife sat in that recliner each week till we won the SB even when no one else was over and there was plenty of room on the comfy couch. And yes she had to be "HALF IN THE LIVING ROOM AND HALF IN THE KITCHEN" for every game

I got this from my dad who was so superstitious. If my my Mom walked in and they did something good he'd yell STAY RIGHT THERE, DONT MOVE" or if they did something bad he'd call her a jinx.

Or the time my daughter came thru with a white robe just as the Gmen scored a TD in 2011. She had to wear it over her clothes for every game. It became know as the "White Coat" that brought us to the promise Land lol
                    Mike, that is awesome. I met a NJ officer over on Lake O at a tournament. Being both Giant fans and Salmon fishermen we became friends. Late in the 2011 season the Giants passed out those white towels. I text him and asked if he knew any officers working the games--could I get a couple. Sure enough he sent me a couple. We tried them out -IN THE LIVING ROOM. Saved for only 3rd and 4th downs, we would whip them into a frenzy right through the playoffs and the SB win. Of course we want to attribute the big defensive push at the end of the season to us and those towels. For the young or new fans, the memories of a playoff push--seemingly out of nowhere--that result in a Championship make the down seasons worth enduring.

Comment

I fell in love with football at the tender age of 9. That was the year of the Super Bowl Shuffle and being raised in Ft. Wayne, Indiana my pops was a huge Bears fan. I didn't want to pick the same team to like as my dad so it was the following year that I became torn between picking the Giants or the Dolphins. I went with the Giants and they ended up winning the SB that year, that may have solidified my decision. I became an immediate die hard fan because by the age 11 my birthday cake was none other than Phil Simm's jersey number. A few years later during the the 1990 season my family drove me and a friend down to Indianapolis to watch the Giants vs Colts. It was my first professional football game. At the time, there was an area out behind RCA stadium where the players would come out back after the game and converse with fans. I had all my football cards ready for both the Colts and Giants and got several of my cards signed including my Eric Dickerson rookie card. We won the SB again that year. The pentacle of my fan-hood came just a few years ago when the Giants came to Indianapolis, where I now live, and beat the Patriots. After the win, we went to Champions which is a bar connected to the hotel where the Giants were staying and when we went in the entire bar/restaurant was filled with Giants fans. It was one of my greatest nights of life.

Comment

Mike, that is awesome. I met a NJ officer over on Lake O at a tournament. Being both Giant fans and Salmon fishermen we became friends. Late in the 2011 season the Giants passed out those white towels. I text him and asked if he knew any officers working the games--could I get a couple. Sure enough he sent me a couple. We tried them out -IN THE LIVING ROOM. Saved for only 3rd and 4th downs, we would whip them into a frenzy right through the playoffs and the SB win. Of course we want to attribute the big defensive push at the end of the season to us and those towels. For the young or new fans, the memories of a playoff push--seemingly out of nowhere--that result in a Championship make the down seasons worth enduring.
                        I have so many things I do and try like it's actually going to have an impact on the outcome. We know Vitor doesn't but we still do it

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Working...
                        X