Why did the giants draft Ron dyane?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
    BJ being the exception, a 260lb RB is only good for GL plays & 3rd &1. Dayne was a power back & the Giants tried using him as a RB. Was re-watching the NFCCG game vs the Vikes & he tried taking it outside on a few carries & got easily tackled but got some good chunks of yds when running between the tackles.
    Dayne was not a power back at all.

He was not a power back and not a speed back ... that was the problem

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Morrison View Post
      The Giants ruined any shot Ron Dayne had, like many players that come to the Giants they want them to adjust to the Giants and don't make effort to adapt for the talent. Biggest loser of all was Mac A Doodle, tried to make Cruz a wide out when he was a natural slot receiver, tried to teach Eli new footwork after he had been playing for like 40 years, Split Marshall out so wide he might as well have got a beer and a hot dog when his strength was his size, line him up just off the tackle run up and box out d back or quick slant. Hopefully Shumer is a change from the past with all this talent on the team.
      How tough is it to make the most of the skills your roster brings to the table or alternatively draft players who fits the system?
      IMO it is like swimming upstream thinking that you can reprogram a player from one style to another.
      Yes it can and does happen but why would a coach let his ego get in the way of talent?
      No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
        I always find it interesting to look back at the history of draft picks. I was reading somewhere that Dyane was not a good fit for the giants at the time because the giants did not run a zone blocking scheme. Why did EA draft a player that wouldn't fit their scheme?
        Because Accorsi was a poor evaluator of talent. Ironically his drafted improved tremendously when JR started running his drafts. Dont believe me? go see for yourself.

EA was never a scout, as his old colleague Greg Gabriel can attest to.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Because Accorsi was a poor evaluator of talent. Ironically his drafted improved tremendously when JR started running his drafts. Dont believe me? go see for yourself.

EA was never a scout, as his old colleague Greg Gabriel can attest to.
          I dont know if he was that poor of an evaluator. He did draft the most important player or one of the most important players in the history of the giants. It just seems odd he would of drafted Dyane if the giants offense didnt fit his running style. That's like drafting a mobile qb and having play him in a drop back qb style offense
          [SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

I dont know if he was that poor of an evaluator. He did draft the most important player or one of the most important players in the history of the giants. It just seems odd he would of drafted Dyane if the giants offense didnt fit his running style. That's like drafting a mobile qb and having play him in a drop back qb style offense
            Dayne was just a bad pick. Plain and simple, it wasn't that our offence wasn't geared toward him. Just a fat slob that was a bad pick.

For example, what did he do when he left the Giants? I can't think of a successful RB in the league that has ever pushed 260 LBs.

The Dayne's and the William Joseph's or the world are what lead EA to hire JR to run his drafts, the results speak for itself.

Comment

Working...
            X