Why I'm happy McAdoo is our head coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I'm happy McAdoo is our head coach

1) McAdoo isn't afraid to play the rookies if they can perform. One of the most infuriating things that Coughlin would do is always prefer the veteran even if a rookie brought something to the table that the veteran didn't, only playing the rookie if there wasn't any other choice (Odell, for example, wasn't the true #1 receiver on the depth chart until Cruz went down). Apple, Shepard, and Thompson might have seen some play in a Coughlin regime, but none of them would be nearly as well-utilized in one of his systems merely because they were rookies.

2) Relatively injury-free, particularly in that bull**** category of non-contact soft tissue injuries. I noticed that one of the first things McAdoo did after his introductory press conference, hardly off of the podium, was to fire Jerry Palmieri, who had basically been attached at the hip to Coughlin since 1993 in Boston College. It was a decision I had supported (and had been calling for) for a very long time, and compared to the rash of injuries we would pile up (even before week 1) the past 3 years, the fact remains that aside from JT Thomas getting rolled up (get better soon buddy), we have been relatively injury-free, which I attribute to a more modernized S&C program.

3) Youth, and yet maturity... it's not just because we went from one of the oldest HC in the league to one of the youngest, but I just see a lot more energy in our players. Everything remained crisp (especially when our defense had to make a stand at the end), and everyone for the most part stayed on their assignments. Cruz and JPP, both having had moments seeing their careers flash before their eyes, have emerged maybe not 100% the players they once were, but have truly taken up being leaders on the team.

4) Not afraid to try new ideas... who the hell knew John Jerry could pull? I was certainly surprised by that. He also shows a lot of looks with his receivers, as Odell, Cruz, and Shepard can each run the full route tree and can run out of any WR spot in the formation.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Getting rid of TC was the right call. His time was up as our HC and that is not diminishing everything he did for this team. We needed a new voice and McAdoo seems like he has the ears of these players.

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
      Getting rid of TC was the right call. His time was up as our HC and that is not diminishing everything he did for this team. We needed a new voice and McAdoo seems like he has the ears of these players.
      Absolutely. I'm not going to diminish he fact that Coughlin won two super bowls for this franchise (3 if you count his assistance in 1990). But, like everyone does eventually, he just lost his edge. He's just one of those guys that doesn't know anything but the job, and has a hard time relaxing. Which I can personally identify with, so I don't hold it against him...

Comment

the secondary looks sick

I can imagine the chaos they'll cause with our dline providing pressure against lesser Olines than Dallas'

even that line was softening as the game wore on, our Dline was stronger at the end

hopefully the Giants stay healthy, because if they do this could be a special season
        Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. MTwain

Comment

Mac is putting his fingerprints on the team.
          Know your assignments or grab some wood on the bench.

Comment

Only 4 penalties yesterday was promising. NFL average is around 7. Lots of positive signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_ToThe_Bone View Post
              Only 4 penalties yesterday was promising. NFL average is around 7. Lots of positive signs.
              1 of them was BS too

Comment

I like him
                I always have

You should go for the win on the road but I guess he had shaky confidence we could make One yd on the ground
                maybe a pitch to vareen would have been a surer bet

Comment

WHY I LIKE HIM..............# 1 LOOK HOW MANY TD's WE SCORED IN THE RED ZONE ! IN PAST YEARS WE COULD NOT GET THE JOB DONE !
                  #2 HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING !
                  # 3 LOOK HOW WE BEAT THE COWBOYS, WITHIN 2 SECONDS, USUALLY IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND...
                  IT WAS ALMOST A BLUE MONDAY.
                  GO GIANTS, GOOD LUCK

Comment

I said just after the draft that McAdoo would lean towards playing younger players than TC did. he wants to see their talents early rather than mid or late season. we did see yesterday the potential in Sheppard, Apple and Thompson. good for McAdoo. l love his approach.
                    sigpic

Comment

We also have drafted better in the last 3 years. And they got rid of the draft picks that were not good. Williams would be on this team if TC was still coach.

Comment

The thing that stood out to me most was how McAdoo handled our last drive, although I probably would have passed on 2nd or 3rd down to try and get another 1st down.

But I was very happy to see us actually huddle up and use the clock which we've never seen the last two years.

I also liked the fact we only saw Jennings and Vereen. No more running back BS.

Good job by the coach and he handled himself well in the post game as well.

Comment

he puts his best players on the field and keeps them there. a really good team can be confident in letting their defense win the game for them. it was close. but it was a start in the right direction. and if dallas was supposed to have the best running game/line. then we should be excited. because snacks was swallowing up that run game, son.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                            The thing that stood out to me most was how McAdoo handled our last drive, although I probably would have passed on 2nd or 3rd down to try and get another 1st down.

But I was very happy to see us actually huddle up and use the clock which we've never seen the last two years.

I also liked the fact we only saw Jennings and Vereen. No more running back BS.

Good job by the coach and he handled himself well in the post game as well.
                            I knew that Williams was a long shot to make the roster the moment Coughlin was gone. He was a Coughlin pick, pure and simple, and that was literally the only reason he saw the field. McAdoo's offense prefers to go to multiple receivers on the goal line anyway rather than try to punch it in... which is a staple of WCO that can truly shine now that Coughlin isn't here to force power running into the playbook.

Comment

no late game meltdown this time around

nothing worse than giving games away

Comment

Working...
                              X