Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chandler Jones DE Syracuse

Looking back through this thread, it's amazing what a couple of months in the offseasoncan do.

When I made this thread, Chandler was not talked about much and was ranked to be about a 3rd rounder.

Now Mayock has him ranked the #9 best prospect on his board, OVERALL! Wow. He just said Chandler could be the best defensive player in this draft in a couple of years.

I love Chandler Jones, and if we could get him at 32, Im all for it. I cant believe how much hype this guy has rolling with him right now. Crazy.

I think he is going to be like a Justin Tuck type DE. Im ALL IN for him. Hope he slides.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"]

Looking back through this thread, it's amazing what a couple of months in the offseason*can do.

When I made this thread, Chandler was not talked about much and was ranked to be about a 3rd rounder.

Now Mayock has him ranked the #9 best prospect on his board, OVERALL! Wow. He just said Chandler could be the best defensive player in this draft in a couple of years.

I love Chandler Jones, and if we could get him at 32, Im all for it. I cant believe how much hype this guy has rolling with him right now. Crazy.

I think he is going to be like a Justin Tuck type DE. Im ALL IN for him. Hope he slides.

[/quote]Its why Ive started to "?" Mayock. He didnt used to change his rankings based on scouts opinion before.

Comment

I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.
        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.[/quote]Good player but I prefer more of an edge rusher. Im surprised how high mayock has him ranked

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Looking back through this thread, it's amazing what a couple of months in the offseasoncan do.

[/quote]Its why Ive started to "?" Mayock. He didnt used to change his rankings based on scouts opinion before.[/quote]

Mayock knows whats up with the big names though. He is my favorite analyst. I think he just started watching him on film more and was amazed. Jones was beastly at times for the Orange. He really was a one man wrecking crew on a bad team.

I like Mayock in the first 3 rounds and Kiper in the last 4. Kiper knows about everyone, but doesnt always have the early guys figured out. He is good for the detailed analysis of the 3rd CB for App St. though. lol.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="TuckYou"]

Looking back through this thread, it's amazing what a couple of months in the offseason*can do.

[/quote]Its why Ive started to "?" Mayock. He didnt used to change his rankings based on scouts opinion before.[/quote]

Mayock knows whats up with the big names though. He is my favorite analyst. I think he just started watching him on film more and was amazed. Jones was beastly at times for the Orange. He really was a one man wrecking crew on a bad team.

I like Mayock in the first 3 rounds and Kiper in the last 4. Kiper knows about everyone, but doesnt always have the early guys figured out. He is good for the detailed analysis of the 3rd CB for App St. though. lol.

[/quote]I like Mayock the best but this year he has really flipped his rankings. Thats the Kiper ,Mcshay thing to do. They start getting inside info right before the draft and they change the mocks and rankings.

Comment

[quote user="TuckYou"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="TuckYou"]

[/quote]

Yeah, the rap on Kiper is that he's a good talent-evaluator, but just not really in touch with NFL teams and their needs/methodologies.

Seriously though, I'd like an explanation from Mayock on how this guy's stock rises so much without playing in a single game.

Comment

I posted the 2 Chandler Jones Vids didnt post this 1 though

[link]http://draftbreakdown.com/chandler-jones-vs-uconn-2011[/link]

Comment

I think Jones is a good player but I don't think he is a first round talent on the tape I've seen of him. I've watched a couple and with his inside moves. He is also quite strong and he uses his long arms pretty well but that isn't gonna work as a pass rusher in the NFL. Its not just the fact that he doesn't beat people on the outside he doesn't look like he can run around a OT. In his game against Pitt he caught an interception and then got caught from behind by Pitt's LT yes he got caught by a LT. I think he could be more suited to playing 3-4 DE if he puts on some weight, I doubt it he plays 3-4 OLB

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.[/quote]Good player but I prefer more of an edge rusher. Im surprised how high mayock has him ranked[/quote]

Exactly.
                      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Jones just doesn't do that much for me.[/quote]Good player but I prefer more of an edge rusher. Im surprised how high mayock has him ranked[/quote]

Exactly.[/quote]

there are a lot of "edge" rushers in this draft. Perry, Curry, Mercilius, Branch, Vernon or Cam Johnson. I agree that Jones would be a very good player, but he seems like a poor mans JPP. We have other needs in round 1.
                        "Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
                        Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
                        Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
                        Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
                        Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
                        Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
                        Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
                        Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Comment

[quote user="Shockeyitus"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"]I could see the Giants picking him but I wouldn't be thrilled by it.

Exactly.[/quote]

there are a lot of "edge" rushers in this draft. Perry, Curry, Mercilius, Branch, Vernon or Cam Johnson. I agree that Jones would be a very good player, but he seems like a poor mans JPP. We have other needs in round 1.[/quote]

Very poor man I would go as far as say a hobos JPP

Comment

No Mayock does not change his mind based on "other analyst." I have said this about him before, the reason he is more accurate than Kiper and McShay is because he still has connections around the league.

Half of these guys job is to rate players. The other half is guessing where they will go. Mayock is, in my opinion, about the same or slightly better than the other analysts at rating players. However, he is miles above anyone else at guessing where they will go mostly because he has better insight than others. Most teams HATE Kiper and McShay, as do the players. They will not get talked to. Mayock is respected and liked and therefor he gets tidbits the others do not.

sigpic

Comment

looks like the pats traded up for him

Comment

Working...
                              X