Assume we trade Osi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Assume we trade Osi

Glorified Jock Williams. I've never really been a fan of the UNC LBers the past couple years.

The most interest I had would have probably been Sturdivant in the 6th. Wasn't a fan of Bruce Carter, and not a fan of Zach Brown.
    My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

Kiwi goes back down on the line

Do we draft Zac Brown # 32 overall?

[/quote]

I doubt we trade Osi (we wouldn't get the value he provides playing out his contract).

And even if we do we have more than enough LBers to take Kiwi's place to mitigate the need in the first round.

I don't see us taking Zach Brown (or any LBer) in the first round.[/quote]

I think the Giants could get the value out of trading Osi. I doubt Osi would get a 1st round pick, but the way he played when he came back, he'd get a 2nd round pick for sure. I say the Seahawks trade a 2nd for Osi, because they really need a pass rusher and at $3+ million a year, that would be beneficial for the Seahawks. The Giants would be in a more friendly cap situation paying less money for a 2nd round pick overall over the enxt few years.

Win-Win for the Giants. The could take Mark Barron, Cordy Glenn, or Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener (assuming any of them are there) with their 1st round pick and focus more on something like O-Line with 2 second round picks (maybe Kevin Zietler, Brendon Washington, Kelechi Osemele, or Bobby Massie.

Comment

[quote user="Mr. Zolo"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote] I doubt we trade Osi (we wouldn't get the value he provides playing out his contract). And even if we do we have more than enough LBers to take Kiwi's place to mitigate the need in the first round. I don't see us taking Zach Brown (or any LBer) in the first round.[/quote] I think the Giants could get the value out of trading Osi. I doubt Osi would get a 1st round pick, but the way he played when he came back, he'd get a 2nd round pick for sure. I say the Seahawks trade a 2nd for Osi, because they really need a pass rusher and at $3+ million a year, that would be beneficial for the Seahawks. The Giants would be in a more friendly cap situation paying less money for a 2nd round pick overall over the enxt few years. Win-Win for the Giants. The could take Mark Barron, Cordy Glenn, or Dwayne Allen/Coby Fleener (assuming any of them are there) with their 1st round pick and focus more on something like O-Line with 2 second round picks (maybe Kevin Zietler, Brendon Washington, Kelechi Osemele, or Bobby Massie.[/quote]

Your idea is valued.. however, as someone else pointed out on this thread. No one is going to trade a 2nd or even a 3rd for a guy with one year left on his contract. If Osi agrees to a long term deal with a potential suitor, then a 2nd rounder is worth the trade.

In regards to your pick selection... Mark Barron is a nice player, but no way do we take in round 1. Cordy Glenn will bea fine pro, but not in the Giants system. Fleener or Allen are both options. Round 2 I wouldnt object to any of these picks at # 64. However, I think Zeitler is off the board by then.

"Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it."

2014 Draft:
        Round 1 - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
        Round 2 - David Yankey, OG - Stanford
        Round 3 - Allen Robinson, WR - Penn State
        Round 4 - Anthony Johnson, DT - LSU
        Round 5 - Rashaad Reynolds, CB - Oregon State
        Round 6 - Andrew Jackson, ILB - W. Kentucky
        Round 7 - ** Traded for Jon Beason **

Comment

Let's NOT..........We keep Osi and win ANOTHER SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="Shockeyitus"]

[/quote]

Who says Kiwanuka goes back to DE?
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
            X