Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linebackers.......

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Anyone that thinks were fine at LB needs to wake up..... The only two Lbs at this point that have earned any credit are boley & Williams, and neither did anything amazing.... Goff is average and fresh off IR... Herz is a great story,but has to earn his spot like everyone else,the playing time he saw this year he didn't look too hot.... Blackburn,stepped up a few games...but he needs to prove himself all over again,... Kiwi is DE... Jones did not look good at any point this season ( I was a huge fan of his in college) Paysinger, he looked good in preseason....most players do, end of story... Sintim, he's done here.....[/quote]Myles, you make some good points and I agree I have been wanting the Giants to draft or sign a top notch backer the passed 2 or 3 years.* I for one mentioned that we need a true Sam backer.* Kiwi is a DE moreso than a Sam backer.* Now granted he is good vs the run, but is a definite liability in coverage.

But Fewell likes to play that 4-2-5 D in most pass situations with Grant as a hybrid S/LB.* Even if we had a true Sam backer, most likely he would be pulled out in the nickel packages.* Today's NFL has evolved into a more pass first league.* Its hard to find a Sam or mike backer that can play 3 downs and be effective,*as compared to years passed.

Another poster mentioned Hightower.* I don't know if he would be a 3 down backer in the NFL.* He may fit better into a 3-4 or a 2 down backer in a 4-3.* Honestly I don't think Kuechly would fall to 32.* I think he is as close as you can get this year in the 1st rd.* And from what I read and some vids that redeye posted, Zach Brown probably would not be that guy.* I think he may develop into*a solid Will backer.* We have 2 of those in Boley and Williams.* Who knows, may Herzlich develops further---maybe Goff bounces back from the ACL surgery.* I guess we as fans will just have to wait and see what Reese and co. do

[/quote]

There is basically no more will and sam its just LB who can cover, LB who can cover, LB who can cover. That's why Zach Brown wouldn't be a wasted pick. How many times have you seen the giants come out in a base 4-3? it doesn't happen often...[/quote] our D is set up the way it is because our lack of LBs, not because it's a great scheme...

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="myles2424"]Anyone that thinks were fine at LB needs to wake up..... The only two Lbs at this point that have earned any credit are boley & Williams, and neither did anything amazing.... Goff is average and fresh off IR... Herz is a great story,but has to earn his spot like everyone else,the playing time he saw this year he didn't look too hot.... Blackburn,stepped up a few games...but he needs to prove himself all over again,... Kiwi is DE... Jones did not look good at any point this season ( I was a huge fan of his in college) Paysinger, he looked good in preseason....most players do, end of story... Sintim, he's done here.....[/quote]Myles, you make some good points and I agree I have been wanting the Giants to draft or sign a top notch backer the passed 2 or 3 years.* I for one mentioned that we need a true Sam backer.* Kiwi is a DE moreso than a Sam backer.* Now granted he is good vs the run, but is a definite liability in coverage.

But Fewell likes to play that 4-2-5 D in most pass situations with Grant as a hybrid S/LB.* Even if we had a true Sam backer, most likely he would be pulled out in the nickel packages.* Today's NFL has evolved into a more pass first league.* Its hard to find a Sam or mike backer that can play 3 downs and be effective,*as compared to years passed.

Another poster mentioned Hightower.* I don't know if he would be a 3 down backer in the NFL.* He may fit better into a 3-4 or a 2 down backer in a 4-3.* Honestly I don't think Kuechly would fall to 32.* I think he is as close as you can get this year in the 1st rd.* And from what I read and some vids that redeye posted, Zach Brown probably would not be that guy.* I think he may develop into*a solid Will backer.* We have 2 of those in Boley and Williams.* Who knows, may Herzlich develops further---maybe Goff bounces back from the ACL surgery.* I guess we as fans will just have to wait and see what Reese and co. do

[/quote]

There is basically no more will and sam its just LB who can cover, LB who can cover, LB who can cover. That's why Zach Brown wouldn't be a wasted pick. How many times have you seen the giants come out in a base 4-3? it doesn't happen often...[/quote]Thats why i said that Fewell uses a 4-2-5 package with Grant, for instance, as a hybrid S/LB.

Even if the Giants were to draft Brown in the 1st rd, I don't see Fewell changing that up too much.

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but I'll toss it out there again. The thing about Hightower is he could move to DE if we needed and still dominate. The times that he has lined up at DE he has looked like a natural. He blasts off the line and can go around an OL or through an OL. Some 4-3 teams have already approached him about playing DE.

Comment

[quote user="critters"]I've mentioned this before, but I'll toss it out there again. The thing about Hightower is he could move to DE if we needed and still dominate. The times that he has lined up at DE he has looked like a natural. He blasts off the line and can go around an OL or through an OL. Some 4-3 teams have already approached him about playing DE.
          [/quote]

Donta Hightower is Mathias Kiwanuka. we don't need another slow LB.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="critters"]I've mentioned this before, but I'll toss it out there again. The thing about Hightower is he could move to DE if we needed and still dominate. The times that he has lined up at DE he has looked like a natural. He blasts off the line and can go around an OL or through an OL. Some 4-3 teams have already approached him about playing DE.
            [/quote]

Donta Hightower is Mathias Kiwanuka. we don't need another slow LB.[/quote]

Yeah.. he's the captain, quarterback and lead tackler for the best defense in the country and he's just another slow LB. He just ran a 4.62 40 by being another slow LB.

Comment

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="critters"]I've mentioned this before, but I'll toss it out there again. The thing about Hightower is he could move to DE if we needed and still dominate. The times that he has lined up at DE he has looked like a natural. He blasts off the line and can go around an OL or through an OL. Some 4-3 teams have already approached him about playing DE.
              [/quote]

Yeah.. he's the captain, quarterback and lead tackler for the best defense in the country and he's just another slow LB. He just ran a 4.62 40 by being another slow LB.
              [/quote]

stiff hips... mathias kiwanuka isn't "slow" its about the stiff hips.

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"][quote user="critters"][quote user="Spizi"][quote user="critters"]I've mentioned this before, but I'll toss it out there again. The thing about Hightower is he could move to DE if we needed and still dominate. The times that he has lined up at DE he has looked like a natural. He blasts off the line and can go around an OL or through an OL. Some 4-3 teams have already approached him about playing DE.
                [/quote]

[/quote]

stiff hips... mathias kiwanuka isn't "slow" its about the stiff hips.[/quote]

I hear ya. I think the 3 cone drill will be most important for him. He's also stated he plans to be down 10lbs at his pro day. In comparison to Mathias, DH ran a 4.62. MK ran a 4.73.

Comment

i just don't like him for the giants idk ha

Comment

Working...
                  X