Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
    [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good..[/quote]First off, I like Doug Martin, but he's not on a Lamar Miller or David Wilson type level. Hell, I think Chris Polk may have the edge over Martin and end up being a more productive RB at the next level. Polk isn't a burner like Wilson & Miller but he's got great hands and plays hard. Doug Martin is similar to MJD (not as fast) and will fit in all types of systems, Shotgun, spread, run-heavy, ect. One of the networks compared Martin to Ahmad Bradshaw & I have to agree. Martin isn't a guy you're gonna build your offense around like you would w/ Richardson, Wilson, Miller, ect. Those 3 guys can handle a heavy workload & carry the ball 20 plus times a game. I don't see that w/ Martin at the next level. He'll fit in nicely as a solid complementary back as part of a rotation IMO. With that said, I wouldn't mind the Giants drafting anyone of these studs! This RB class is pretty deep-
    (no order)
    1) Trent Richardson
    2) David Wilson
    3) Lamar Miller
    4) Doug Martin
    5) Chris Polk
    6) LaMichael James
    7) Bernard Pierce
    8) Isaiah Pead
    9) Cyrus Gray
    10) Robert Turpin
    11) Ronnie Hillman
    12) Tauren Poole
    13) Chris Rainey
    14) Darrell Scott
    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] They said the same thing about MJD and Ray Rice when they slipped to the 2nd rd, and i said the same thing about Ray Rice the yr he came out.. I'll take Doug Martin as the 2nd best RB in this class, and hes pretty darn fast as well... Hes been outstanding on the field, at the Sr Bowl, and now hes making noise at the combine, tying for the high on the bench press for RB's... Hes a beast...[/quote]Who is they?
    [/quote] THEY is the people that let MJD and Ray Rice go into the RD 2 area, because there was no way they were better then guys like Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Jamal Charles, and for MJD, guys like Deangelo Williams, Joseph Addai and Lendale White.. Thats who "THEY" are...[/quote]So "THEY" means NFL teams in general?
    [/quote] And most So called "draft experts" as well.... Another words, its not always just the "rankings" must be right.. Just watch and look at Doug Martin, and its pretty easy to see hes gonna be a good one..[/quote]There's no question he's got all the tools to be a good back at the next level, my thing is HOW GOOD WILL HE BE? I know you have him in your "personal rankings" as the #2 RB in the draft. I like Doug Martin, but I think there's a couple guys ahead of him in terms of talent. You seem to be pretty high on Doug Martin, you wanna make a sig bet?
    [/quote] We'll just remeber now what we say, and give the other there props if there right.. I"m telling you, Doug martin is gonna be ridicluously hard to tackle with that center of gravity and on top of that, hes got serious shiftieness as well.. The thing is, it'll probably take a yr or 2 like it did for Ray Rice before his team realizes "screw that, this kids our 25carry back!". ya know? Unless Rice and MJD did enough all ready to shake the perception of the short guys having to be split the load backs?[/quote]You didn't answer my question pal, let's make a SIG BET on Doug Martin and the NFL DRAFT, ok?
    [/quote] dude, i have no clue what a "sig bet' is.. All i know is Doug Martin is insane and theres talk of him going top half of RD 2 now, according to Walter Football becasue of his all around sweet combine, which added to his all around sweet Sr Bowl, and all around sweet career.. I'll take Martin over David Wilson or Lamar Miller any day of the week, and twice on tuesday... Then again, i'm not a huge fan of either wilson or miller, so that is no surprise...

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]I guess Randle would be okay. Dont think he has great upside but is excellent working the middle of the field and getting open against zone coverage. Good fit for the giants at 32, but as a whole I dont see him as 1st round talent or in the same class as the top wideouts[/quote] I'm totally with you on this one.. To be honest, i got Juron Criner, and even Marvin McNutt higher ranked on my personal rankings.. I woulden't be surprised if Randle was a bust as a pro..

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
        [/quote]not to me they don't.. Not even close really.. I'm not that high on either Lamar Miller or David Wilson, all though i'd certainly be intrigued if we were to get em... Doug Martin is a do everything back, who can retrun kicks, as well as be a ray rice type potent reciever outta the backfield, and hes got the kinda build i love for the pro game .. I think if Doug Martin played at Florida or Bama, he'd be a sure 1st rd pick, and to be bluntly honest, i won't be surprised if hes the 2nd RB taken in this draft, as hes that good..[/quote]First off, I like Doug Martin, but he's not on a Lamar Miller or David Wilson type level. Hell, I think Chris Polk may have the edge over Martin and end up being a more productive RB at the next level. Polk isn't a burner like Wilson & Miller but he's got great hands and plays hard. Doug Martin is similar to MJD (not as fast) and will fit in all types of systems, Shotgun, spread, run-heavy, ect. One of the networks compared Martin to Ahmad Bradshaw & I have to agree. Martin isn't a guy you're gonna build your offense around like you would w/ Richardson, Wilson, Miller, ect. Those 3 guys can handle a heavy workload & carry the ball 20 plus times a game. I don't see that w/ Martin at the next level. He'll fit in nicely as a solid complementary back as part of a rotation IMO. With that said, I wouldn't mind the Giants drafting anyone of these studs! This RB class is pretty deep-
        (no order)
        1) Trent Richardson
        2) David Wilson
        3) Lamar Miller
        4) Doug Martin
        5) Chris Polk
        6) LaMichael James
        7) Bernard Pierce
        8) Isaiah Pead
        9) Cyrus Gray
        10) Robert Turpin
        11) Ronnie Hillman
        12) Tauren Poole
        13) Chris Rainey
        14) Darrell Scott
        15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] They said the same thing about MJD and Ray Rice when they slipped to the 2nd rd, and i said the same thing about Ray Rice the yr he came out.. I'll take Doug Martin as the 2nd best RB in this class, and hes pretty darn fast as well... Hes been outstanding on the field, at the Sr Bowl, and now hes making noise at the combine, tying for the high on the bench press for RB's... Hes a beast...[/quote]Who is they?
        [/quote] THEY is the people that let MJD and Ray Rice go into the RD 2 area, because there was no way they were better then guys like Mendenhall, Felix Jones, and Jamal Charles, and for MJD, guys like Deangelo Williams, Joseph Addai and Lendale White.. Thats who "THEY" are...[/quote]So "THEY" means NFL teams in general?
        [/quote] And most So called "draft experts" as well.... Another words, its not always just the "rankings" must be right.. Just watch and look at Doug Martin, and its pretty easy to see hes gonna be a good one..[/quote]There's no question he's got all the tools to be a good back at the next level, my thing is HOW GOOD WILL HE BE? I know you have him in your "personal rankings" as the #2 RB in the draft. I like Doug Martin, but I think there's a couple guys ahead of him in terms of talent. You seem to be pretty high on Doug Martin, you wanna make a sig bet?
        [/quote] We'll just remeber now what we say, and give the other there props if there right.. I"m telling you, Doug martin is gonna be ridicluously hard to tackle with that center of gravity and on top of that, hes got serious shiftieness as well.. The thing is, it'll probably take a yr or 2 like it did for Ray Rice before his team realizes "screw that, this kids our 25carry back!". ya know? Unless Rice and MJD did enough all ready to shake the perception of the short guys having to be split the load backs?[/quote]And what I'm saying is BOTH David Wilson & Lamar Miller will be drafted ahead of Doug Martin. I know you don't see it that way, but that's the way it will go down in this years draft. Like I said, I like Martin, but Miller and Wilson have clearly got the edge. SIG BET is still open
        [/quote] I could care less about where Doug Martin is drafted... All i said, is i woulden't be "surprised" if he were taken in the late 1st rd, because hes that good, and i had no doubt he'd have a good combine, to go with his good sr bowl, and good career, so it woulden't surprise me if he made headway and passed David Wilson and possibly Lamar Miller, all though i think passing Miller will be harder... And its funny, becasue theres all ready chatter about DOUG MARTIN making headway and putting himself into top of Day 2 draft status, albeit, wilson and miller had solid combines as well.. The thing about Wilson that i can't stand, is how many times he goes backwards and is not decisive in his decison making and finds himself like 10yrds behind teh line of scrimmage being tackled.. As for Lamar Miller, he just goes down to easy in my opinion.. Outside of Trent Richardson, i just don't see a more complete back then Doug Martin.. Hes got enough speed, and can catch, and also return kicks, has great measurables, impressive strength, and can block... Theres litteraly nothing he does wrong//

By Charlie Campbell.
        Send Charlie an e-mail here: draftcampbell@gmail.com
        Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell for updates.

2012 NFL Combine: Workout Recap - Running Backs

• Oregon running back LaMichael James (5-8, 194) came through with a 40-yard dash time that confirms his big-play speed. James blazed an unofficial time of 4.37 that tied with Florida's Chris Rainey as the best unofficial time for any halfback. The official time given to James was 4.45, but the the unofficial time looked more accurate. He couldn't afford to have a disappointing 40 time, and James met the challenge to jet a time that reinforces his game as a speed threat. To complete his day, James performed well as a pass receiver in the field drills. He ran routes well and caught the ball well in his hands. James did his part to confirm his second-day grade.

• Virginia Tech's David Wilson is competing to be the second-rated running back. He helped himself with an unofficial 4.40 sprint in the 40-yard dash. The official time was 4.49. Wilson performed well in the pass receiving drills as he was a quality route-runner with good hands. He jumped out of the gym with a broad jump of 11 and a vertical jump of 41 inches. Both of those marks were the best of any running back. Wilson had an completely impressive Combine to help his stock.

• One of the most explosive big-play backs in the 2012 NFL Draft class is Miami's Lamar Miller. He burned the track with an unofficial 40 time at 4.38 seconds (4.40 official). Miller (5-11, 212) has good size to go along with that special speed. His 40 time should hold him steady as a first- or second-round pick.

• Boise State running back Doug Martin continued his strong Combine with unofficial 40-yard dash times of 4.57 and 4.47 seconds. Unlike many prospects, Martin ran faster on his second attempt at the 40. Martin (5-9, 223) also tied for the lead in the bench press with 28 reps. He continued his effective Combine with a strong showing in the receiving drills. Martin is currently said to be making some headway up draft boards and is approaching consideration at the top of the second day.

• At a heavy weight, Baylor's Terrance Ganaway (6-0, 239) produced a decent 40-yard dash at an unofficial time of 4.63 seconds. Ganaway did not look like a natural receiver during the receiving drills. He is going to need work on that aspect of his game, but he is more of a rotational power back and not a three-down back. Ganaway needs to improve his training in the NFL, but he looks like a mid-round pick.

• Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead ran the 40-yard dash at 4.41 seconds, unofficially. Pead (5-9, 197) performed well in the receiving drills and thrived in that role with the Bearcats. Pead looks like a natural third-down back who can contribute in blitz protection. He confirmed - if not improved - his stock as a mid-rounder.

• Washington running back Chris Polk had a quality unofficial time of 4.46 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Polk dropped weight in an effort to get quicker, and the lost pounds appear to have paid off for him, as he ran pretty well. He also looked above average as a pass receiver. Polk had a rough Senior Bowl, and his Combine could aide his cause to be selected on the second day.

• USC running back Marc Tyler had a strong week at the East-West Shrine, but he had the worst unofficial 40 time of any halfback at 4.78. Tyler (5-11, 219) is a bigger back but needed to run better than that. His 40 time could push him down further in the third day of the 2012 NFL Draft.

• Florida running back Chris Rainey (5-8, 180) tied for the fastest time in the 40-yard dash at an unofficial 4.37 seconds. When the official times came out Rainey was dropped to 4.45. Considering how Rainey ran, the unofficial time looks way more accurate. In the receiving drills, Rainey was phenomenal with the exception of one dropped pass. He is a natural route runner and catches the ball well in his hands. He will be a real mismatch as a receiver in the NFL going against linebackers and safeties. Rainey's combine performance should have helped him, assuming the oft-injured former Gator checked out okay in the physical and team interviews.

• Utah State running back Robert Turbin (5-10, 220) had a very impressive 40 time at 4.44 seconds unofficially. For a big muscular back, Turbin ran extremely well. The official time was a 4.5 flat, so no matter which way you cut it, Turbin ran quickly. He could be a fast and physical back.

• San Diego State running back Ronnie Hillman (5-9, 200) had an unofficial 40 time at 4.41. Like Rainey and James, it was lowered to 4.45 in the official number. Hillman performed well in the receiving drills and helped himself on Sunday.

• A sleeper running back who had a bit of a disappointing senior season was Texas A&M's Cyrus Gray. Gray (5-10, 206) had a quality combine. He ran the 40 at 4.41 seconds unofficially and performed well in the receiving drills. He also looked quick in his cutting on the interior obstacle drill. Gray needed to differentiate himself from the pack, and he made strides on Sunday.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]And what I'm saying is BOTH David Wilson & Lamar Miller will be drafted ahead of Doug Martin. I know you don't see it that way, but that's the way it will go down in this years draft. Like I said, I like Martin, but Miller and Wilson have clearly got the edge. SIG BET is still open
        [/quote]
        God knows I have disagreed with NYC in the past, but I dont see how your
        bet is even relevant. Your bet doesnt really have anything to do with
        what NYC is saying.

He isnt saying Martin is going to be drafted 1st. He is saying in his opinion he should be drafted 1st(between those 3). So, even if he lost the bet it doesnt really have any bearing on his being right or wrong in this matter.

I do not agree with him, although I think Martin is going to very well
        in this league. But, I also recognize his right to have an opinion.
        Besides, especially at RB, what team selects you has as much impact on
        your performance as anything. If Martin gets on the right team and
        Miller/Wilson do not, he could easily outperform those 2 or visca versa.
        So there really is no way to make this bet even happen with any degree
        of accuracy.

EG. I think it is a fair thing to say that Ingram would have performed
        better this year had he been selected by a team that ran the ball more
        than 35% of the time and didnt have 2 other quality backs on their
        roster to share the load.

sigpic

Comment

So kendall Wright runs a 4.61 in the 40.. I guess that means he can't get deep and should fall into the 2nd round for sure now, right??(sarcasm) Theres guys who are simply good, and know how to play football, and i say this all the freaking time.. Guys like Dwayne Allen, Kendall Wright, and so on and so fourth, are just good players, and know how to get open and make plays, because they simply have it in there blood, and u can see it on the field...

Others, like Stephen Hill, who wasen't given a ton of chances on the field, and Tommy Streeter, who also is kinda raw, and guys from gimmicky offenses, and so on and so fourth, need the combine more then others, so u can get a feel for there abilities outside of either there limited chances or gimmick offenses or whatever.. I just laugh sometimes at how the combine changes peoples feelings on players instantly..

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
            (no order)
            1) Trent Richardson
            2) David Wilson
            3) Lamar Miller
            4) Doug Martin
            5) Chris Polk
            6) LaMichael James
            7) Bernard Pierce
            8) Isaiah Pead
            9) Cyrus Gray
            10) Robert Turpin
            11) Ronnie Hillman
            12) Tauren Poole
            13) Chris Rainey
            14) Darrell Scott
            15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] We'll just remeber now what we say, and give the other there props if there right.. I"m telling you, Doug martin is gonna be ridicluously hard to tackle with that center of gravity and on top of that, hes got serious shiftieness as well.. The thing is, it'll probably take a yr or 2 like it did for Ray Rice before his team realizes "screw that, this kids our 25carry back!". ya know? Unless Rice and MJD did enough all ready to shake the perception of the short guys having to be split the load backs?[/quote]And what I'm saying is BOTH David Wilson & Lamar Miller will be drafted ahead of Doug Martin. I know you don't see it that way, but that's the way it will go down in this years draft. Like I said, I like Martin, but Miller and Wilson have clearly got the edge. SIG BET is still open
            [/quote]

God knows I have disagreed with NYC in the past, but I dont see how your bet is even relevant. Your bet doesnt really have anything to do with what NYC is saying.

He isnt saying Martin is going to be drafted 1st. He is saying in his opinion he should be drafted 1st. I do not agree with him, although I think Martin is going to very well in this league. But, I also recognize his right to have an opinion. Besides, especially at RB, what team selects you has as much impact on your performance as anything. I think it is a fair thing to say that Ingram would have performed better this year had be been selected by a team that ran the ball more than 35% of the time and didnt have 2 other quality backs on their roster to share the load.

[/quote] Your pretty much right as far as what i was saying, but to further explain, all i was saying is, "i woulden't be surprised if he ended up in the very late first rd(thinking like last couple picks), all though, that would be a stretch, as i more see him as a early 2nd rder, but i woulden't be completely surprised is all.. And bang, theres all ready chatter about him being a early 2nd rd pick, which i think he will be..

Its funny because when vlad ducasse and linval joseph were coming out, i said the same things about them being 2nd rders, way before there was any chatter at all about it, and actually got into a very heated arguement with one guy who got banned on here about Ducasse going that high, because at the time, he was perdicted to be a 5th rd pick(again, as u know, i got UMASS knowledge living so close), and they both ended up where? In the 2nd rd... As far as Linval Joseph, i actually had him as a guy who i thought could surprise and end up at the end of RD 1, but at worst, be a 2nd rder, and at the time, he was considered like a late 3rd rd pick

Now thats not to toot my horn or anything, but just kinda say, don't always beleive the so called "rankings".. If u can clearly see talent and believe in it, go out on the line and say it, becuase there the draft is all most always so much diffrent then we think its gonna be by the time its said and done..

Comment

MY TOP 10 RB's would have to be

1. Trent Richardson Alabama

2. Doug Martin Boise St

3. Isaiah Pead Cincy

4. Lamar Miller Miami

5. Chris Polk Washington

6. David Wilson Va Tech

7. Bernard Pierce Temple

8. Robert Turbin Utah St

9. Vick Ballard Miss St

10. Ronnie Hillman San Diego St

Just missed- Lamichael James

Now this is not to say, theres much diffrence, because i love the WR and RB class this yr, and think there almost laughably loaded, so just becasue hillman's tenth, dosen't mean i'm not crazy about em, because i actually am,a nd theres about 5-10backs, i think are gonna be good, who aren't even on my list... I also think Dave Meggetts kid is a killer sleeper...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
                (no order)
                1) Trent Richardson
                2) David Wilson
                3) Lamar Miller
                4) Doug Martin
                5) Chris Polk
                6) LaMichael James
                7) Bernard Pierce
                8) Isaiah Pead
                9) Cyrus Gray
                10) Robert Turpin
                11) Ronnie Hillman
                12) Tauren Poole
                13) Chris Rainey
                14) Darrell Scott
                15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] We'll just remeber now what we say, and give the other there props if there right.. I"m telling you, Doug martin is gonna be ridicluously hard to tackle with that center of gravity and on top of that, hes got serious shiftieness as well.. The thing is, it'll probably take a yr or 2 like it did for Ray Rice before his team realizes "screw that, this kids our 25carry back!". ya know? Unless Rice and MJD did enough all ready to shake the perception of the short guys having to be split the load backs?[/quote]You didn't answer my question pal, let's make a SIG BET on Doug Martin and the NFL DRAFT, ok?
                [/quote] dude, i have no clue what a "sig bet' is.. All i know is Doug Martin is insane and theres talk of him going top half of RD 2 now, according to Walter Football becasue of his all around sweet combine, which added to his all around sweet Sr Bowl, and all around sweet career.. I'll take Martin over David Wilson or Lamar Miller any day of the week, and twice on tuesday... Then again, i'm not a huge fan of either wilson or miller, so that is no surprise...[/quote]A Sig Bet Sportzfan- Here's the bet: I bet both Lamar Miller & David Wilson will be drafted before Doug Martin. Doesn't matter what round any of these guys are drafted in. I expect TRich to come off the board 1st, then Miller/Wilson or Wilson/Miller. If Doug Martin is drafted before either Lamar Miller or David Wilson you would win the bet. Whoever wins the bet gets to chose what we want to put in the "SIG BOX". Like right now if you won, I would take my current SIG of KP laying wood on Mewelde Moore and change it to whatever you want. Are you game?

Comment

you know who i think would be a perfect WR for this offense if we lose Mario? Danny Coale of Va Tech.. I really think he'd be a stud in this offense, and hes got a similar build to Victor Cruz, and can get deep like cruz, as well as catch the underneath stuff, and has realiable hands like cruz.. To be honest, Danny Coale reminds me of a Giant WR...

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
                    (no order)
                    1) Trent Richardson
                    2) David Wilson
                    3) Lamar Miller
                    4) Doug Martin
                    5) Chris Polk
                    6) LaMichael James
                    7) Bernard Pierce
                    8) Isaiah Pead
                    9) Cyrus Gray
                    10) Robert Turpin
                    11) Ronnie Hillman
                    12) Tauren Poole
                    13) Chris Rainey
                    14) Darrell Scott
                    15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] dude, i have no clue what a "sig bet' is.. All i know is Doug Martin is insane and theres talk of him going top half of RD 2 now, according to Walter Football becasue of his all around sweet combine, which added to his all around sweet Sr Bowl, and all around sweet career.. I'll take Martin over David Wilson or Lamar Miller any day of the week, and twice on tuesday... Then again, i'm not a huge fan of either wilson or miller, so that is no surprise...[/quote]A Sig Bet Sportzfan- Here's the bet: I bet both Lamar Miller & David Wilson will be drafted before Doug Martin. Doesn't matter what round any of these guys are drafted in. I expect TRich to come off the board 1st, then Miller/Wilson or Wilson/Miller. If Doug Martin is drafted before either Lamar Miller or David Wilson you would win the bet. Whoever wins the bet gets to chose what we want to put in the "SIG BOX". Like right now if you won, I would take my current SIG of KP laying wood on Mewelde Moore and change it to whatever you want. Are you game?
                    [/quote] Your just not getting it.. Why would i bet something i never said would happen? I said "i woulden't be surprised if Doug Martin ended up in RD 1.. I didn't say, hes gonna end up in RD 1, or get picked before either miller or wilson.. NFL teams make bad picks every yr and every rd, and plenty of times i don't agree with em.. As far as if teams take Miller or Wilson over Martin, thats fine, i just think they'll be wrong, and as it may be, i might be wrong...

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]And what I'm saying is BOTH David Wilson & Lamar Miller will be drafted ahead of Doug Martin. I know you don't see it that way, but that's the way it will go down in this years draft. Like I said, I like Martin, but Miller and Wilson have clearly got the edge. SIG BET is still open
                      [/quote]
                      God knows I have disagreed with NYC in the past, but I dont see how your
                      bet is even relevant.
                      Your bet doesnt really have anything to do with
                      what NYC is saying.

He isnt saying Martin is going to be drafted 1st. He is saying in his opinion he should be drafted 1st(between those 3). So, even if he lost the bet it doesnt really have any bearing on his being right or wrong in this matter.
                      [/quote]This doesn't have anything to do w/ how any of these guys will perform in the NFL. It's just a friendly bet saying Miller & Wilson will come off the board before Doug Martin. That's it. I personally think all three of these guys will do well at the next level & some websites are showing Doug Martin being drafted before Wilson/Miller. This bet could go either which way. Do you understand what I'm saying?

Comment

God Dang, Kashif Moore WR UCONN had a 43.5in vertical.. Poor dude played with the crap of the crap QB's, and needed something to stand out and get himself recognized, and that will help...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Please let us get out hands on Doug Martin RB Boise St!! I'm telling ya, this kids next in line of the MJD and Ray Rice type backs.. Hes my 2nd rated RB, in my personal rankings...[/quote]Lamar Miller & David Wilson have got the edge over Martin IMO.
                          (no order)
                          1) Trent Richardson
                          2) David Wilson
                          3) Lamar Miller
                          4) Doug Martin
                          5) Chris Polk
                          6) LaMichael James
                          7) Bernard Pierce
                          8) Isaiah Pead
                          9) Cyrus Gray
                          10) Robert Turpin
                          11) Ronnie Hillman
                          12) Tauren Poole
                          13) Chris Rainey
                          14) Darrell Scott
                          15) Daniel Herron

[/quote] Your just not getting it.. Why would i bet something i never said would happen? I said "i woulden't be surprised if Doug Martin ended up in RD 1.. I didn't say, hes gonna end up in RD 1, or get picked before either miller or wilson.. NFL teams make bad picks every yr and every rd, and plenty of times i don't agree with em.. As far as if teams take Miller or Wilson over Martin, thats fine, i just think they'll be wrong, and as it may be, i might be wrong...[/quote]It's a simple prediction man, that's all it is. What do you gotta lose, seriously? One word, IN or OUT on the SIG BET. What's it gonna be Sportzfan?

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Your pretty much right as far as what i was saying, but to further explain, all i was saying is, "i woulden't be surprised if he ended up in the very late first rd(thinking like last couple picks), all though, that would be a stretch, as i more see him as a early 2nd rder, but i woulden't be completely surprised is all.. And bang, theres all ready chatter about him being a early 2nd rd pick, which i think he will be..

Its funny because when vlad ducasse and linval joseph were coming out, i said the same things about them being 2nd rders, way before there was any chatter at all about it, and actually got into a very heated arguement with one guy who got banned on here about Ducasse going that high, because at the time, he was perdicted to be a 5th rd pick(again, as u know, i got UMASS knowledge living so close), and they both ended up where? In the 2nd rd... As far as Linval Joseph, i actually had him as a guy who i thought could surprise and end up at the end of RD 1, but at worst, be a 2nd rder, and at the time, he was considered like a late 3rd rd pick

Now thats not to toot my horn or anything, but just kinda say, don't always beleive the so called "rankings".. If u can clearly see talent and believe in it, go out on the line and say it, becuase there the draft is all most always so much diffrent then we think its gonna be by the time its said and done..

[/quote]

Yep, and I think there is another side to the draft and player ratings that people always forget.

The sites and "experts" have 2 responsibilities:1) to rate the players and 2) try to guess what order NFL teams rate those players so they dont look like idiots come draft day.

People may not like to hear this, but guys like Casserly and even Mayock are not always the best at predicting drafts because they rated the players the best, but rather because they have connections in organizations and inside information that lets them know how NFL teams rate those guys. They are highly respected and trusted guys around the league. Still, I have seen Mayock change his player ratings based on info he has about what team likes what player very much. You, and me, and everyone else on these boards cant do that.

Its reported guys like McShay and Kiper are not generally liked around the league. They have less inside info. So their rating are generally MUCH more based on just their opinion and ratings. But, I give em props for putting em out there.

I will say this about those 3 RBs, dependant on whether or not a team is a grass or turf team, indoor or out will greatly impact the rankings of the RB class.

sigpic

Comment

Ya, i'm good with that dude.. I'm just gonna watch and see what happens.. Its not a bet im interested in really.. Thanks for asking though... I'll take the bowling ball 5ft 9in 223lb 4.47 40 kid who catches the ball and returns kicks as well, but some teams are looking for a speedster, like David Wilson, who will lose huge chunks of yards trying to make something outta nothing sometimes, but also break a big one at any time.. Its basically all in what your looking for or want or need in a back...I personally love Ray Rice/ MJD/ Doug Martin type backs.. Some like Shady McCoy/ Cj Spiller/ David Wilson type backs.. Its all in what u want and need or have for that matter..

Comment

• Working...
                                X