Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]

Your pretty much right as far as what i was saying, but to further explain, all i was saying is, "i woulden't be surprised if he ended up in the very late first rd(thinking like last couple picks), all though, that would be a stretch, as i more see him as a early 2nd rder, but i woulden't be completely surprised is all.. And bang, theres all ready chatter about him being a early 2nd rd pick, which i think he will be..

Its funny because when vlad ducasse and linval joseph were coming out, i said the same things about them being 2nd rders, way before there was any chatter at all about it, and actually got into a very heated arguement with one guy who got banned on here about Ducasse going that high, because at the time, he was perdicted to be a 5th rd pick(again, as u know, i got UMASS knowledge living so close), and they both ended up where? In the 2nd rd... As far as Linval Joseph, i actually had him as a guy who i thought could surprise and end up at the end of RD 1, but at worst, be a 2nd rder, and at the time, he was considered like a late 3rd rd pick

Now thats not to toot my horn or anything, but just kinda say, don't always beleive the so called "rankings".. If u can clearly see talent and believe in it, go out on the line and say it, becuase there the draft is all most always so much diffrent then we think its gonna be by the time its said and done..

[/quote]

Yep, and I think there is another side to the draft and player ratings that people always forget.

The sites and "experts" have 2 responsibilities:1) to rate the players and 2) try to guess what order NFL teams rate those players so they dont look like idiots come draft day.

People may not like to hear this, but guys like Casserly and even Mayock are not always the best at predicting drafts because they rated the players the best, but rather because they have connections in organizations and inside information that lets them know how NFL teams rate those guys. They are highly respected and trusted guys around the league. Still, I have seen Mayock change his player ratings based on info he has about what team likes what player very much. You, and me, and everyone else on these boards cant do that.

Its reported guys like McShay and Kiper are not generally liked around the league. They have less inside info. So their rating are generally MUCH more based on just their opinion and ratings. But, I give em props for putting em out there.

I will say this about those 3 RBs, dependant on whether or not a team is a grass or turf team, indoor or out will greatly impact the rankings of the RB class.

[/quote] And as u said, Mayock is pretty darn good, and even he is completely in LF on some guys in his rankings as far as where they go, and even more so, how they do as pro's...Didn't he have Brian Robiske ahead of Hakeem Nicks?

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Ya, i'm good with that dude.. I'm just gonna watch and see what happens.. Its not a bet im interested in really.. Thanks for asking though... I'll take the bowling ball 5ft 9in 223lb 4.47 40 kid who catches the ball and returns kicks as well, but some teams are looking for a speedster, like David Wilson, who will lose huge chunks of yards trying to make something outta nothing sometimes, but also break a big one at any time.. Its basically all in what your looking for or want or need in a back...I personally love Ray Rice/ MJD/ Doug Martin type backs.. Some like Shady McCoy/ Cj Spiller/ David Wilson type backs.. Its all in what u want and need or have for that matter..[/quote]I like backs that can play football, point blank. And in this draft, there's plenty of those backs including TRich, Lamar Miller, David Wilson, Doug Martin, ect. I don't have a personal preference in playing styles like you stated above. Oh well, I guess there's no SIG BET. You're soft Sportzfan! j/k

Comment

I do like this years RB and WR class----very deep.

After Trent Richardson, who knows who goes next. I guess it depends what a particular team is looking for. In todays NFL, you like to have complimentary backs. If the Giants went after a Martin, Wilson, Miller, Pead, Turbin---I would be ok.

I guess it all depends on FA and if Jacobs will be back.

Comment

I have my DVR ready for the DL and LB workouts today. I'm sure there will be some guys that open eyes, and on the flip side, there will be some that don't impress.

Who knows, we may see a potential Giants 1st rd defensive linemen on the field today. I honestly would not be shocked if Reese picked another D-linemen in the 1st rd, especially if they are the bpa.

Comment

[quote user="tonyt830"]I do like this years RB and WR class----very deep.

After Trent Richardson, who knows who goes next. I guess it depends what a particular team is looking for. In todays NFL, you like to have complimentary backs. If the Giants went after a Martin, Wilson, Miller, Pead, Turbin---I would be ok.

I guess it all depends on FA and if Jacobs will be back.[/quote]I think Lamar Miller goes off the board 2nd.

Tier 1
            Trent Richardson

Tier 2

Lamar Miller
            Doug Martin

Tier 3
            David Wilson
            Chris Polk

Tier 4

Pead
            James
            Pierce

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]I do like this years RB and WR class----very deep.

I guess it all depends on FA and if Jacobs will be back.[/quote]I think Lamar Miller goes off the board 2nd.

Tier 1
              Trent Richardson

Tier 2

Lamar Miller
              Doug Martin

Tier 3
              David Wilson
              Chris Polk

Tier 4

Pead
              James
              Pierce[/quote]

I would argue Wilson is tier 2.

The amazing thing is the tier 4 this year is about as good as the tier 2 in other years.
              sigpic

Comment

Cox didnt run a 4.68- 4.69 like I thought. He ran a 4.79. However his 10 yard split of 1.63 was tied for the second best time of all the lineman through the first run. The same 10 yard split as Bruce Irvin and Coples at 298 pounds. The same as Lamichael James as well.Andre Branch was the fastest as a 1.56. A Split like that is incredible for a big guy. He is going to be a nasty inside pass rusher

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cox didnt run a 4.68- 4.69 like I thought. He ran a 4.79. However his 10 yard split of 1.63 was tied for the second best time of all the lineman through the first run. The same 10 yard split as Bruce Irvin and Coples at 298 pounds. The same as Lamichael James as well.Andre Branch was the fastest as a 1.56. A Split like that is incredible for a big guy. He is going to be a nasty inside pass rusher[/quote]

He passes the eye test too. He just looks strong, even among his peers.
                  sigpic

Comment

4.82 for Chandler Jones. Kinda surprised by that.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="tonyt830"]I do like this years RB and WR class----very deep.

Tier 1
                      Trent Richardson

Tier 2

Lamar Miller
                      Doug Martin

Tier 3
                      David Wilson
                      Chris Polk

Tier 4

Pead
                      James
                      Pierce[/quote]

I would argue Wilson is tier 2.

The amazing thing is the tier 4 this year is about as good as the tier 2 in other years.
                      [/quote]Yeah tier 4 is by no means a bad group to select from.

Comment

what is the skinny on ingram the will he be available at 32

Comment

[quote user="killerblue8787"]what is the skinny on ingram the will he be available at 32[/quote]

Unless he gets busted with weed, gets hurt, or something similar, he's going top 10. Mayock agrees with me: Ingram = Justin Tuck.

In other news, Mercilus just threw down a 4.6sec 40yrd dash, with a 1.57sec 10-yard split. Simply Awesome

(And as I type that, Nick Perry threw down a 4.5 40)

Comment

You wanna talk about an athlete?? Nick Perry at 6'3 270 lbs just ran a 4.50, 38.5 inch vertical, 35 reps on the bench and long arms. RIDICULOUS

Comment

how bout poe he did alot on the bench press then at 345 pounds just ran a 4.87 unoffically on the 40 what is his range, sorry guys about stupid questions like this i do not watch alot of college footbal so i do not know as much

Comment

Yeah Poe has just raised his stock at this combine.

Comment

Working...
                                X