Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="buddy33"]I follow RU and I have like Sanu for some time. He is a great character player, loves to block as a WR, and I would really like him to be picked by the Giants. I know it's not their biggest need, but he might be BPA when then pick at 32. With Nicks and Sanu the Giants could have the most physical WR's in the league and Cruz can hold his own for his size. Something else to remember about his career at RU, Sanu had 3 different freshman QB's throwing him the ball.[/quote] Ya, it was fun watching Sanu grow into the reciever hes become.. I remember him running the Wildcat back when he first got there, and all they talked about was Sanu's potential, and it sure was fun watching him grow into that potential, and really go above and beyond it..

Comment

Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

Definitely. (2nd 40 was 5.09, still freakishly good for 345)

I'm also liking the looks of Brown from Troy (tackle feet, low center of gravity, LONG arms)

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

I'm also liking the looks of Brown from Troy (tackle feet, low center of gravity, LONG arms)
          [/quote]Looked athletic im going to see if I can find the Clemson Troy game

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Cordy Glenn by far the most impressive player so far a 4.96 40 fastest split at 1.76 at 345 pounds. With an almost 85" wingspan . He was Borderline first before this pretty much clinched it today. Giants usually dont go after big guys like this but they have to take a serious look at him[/quote]

[/quote]Looked athletic im going to see if I can find the Clemson Troy game[/quote]

Mayock was really impressed with Brown's performance against Clemson's line... that would be great to see.

So far DeCastro, Glenn, and Brown have looked the best out there.

Comment

I think Cordy's performance so far has likely put him out of our reach come draft day. You dont get a combination of size, skill, strength and positional versatility at pick 32. If we manage to somehow, we cannot pass it up.
              sigpic

Comment

If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I think Cordy's performance so far has likely put him out of our reach come draft day. You dont get a combination of size, skill, strength and positional versatility at pick 32. If we manage to somehow, we cannot pass it up.
                  [/quote]

Too soon to say. Prince was drawing comparisons to Revis and was projected anywhere from top 5 to top 10. There's no way the Giants would get even get to think about him at 19.

Besides, we don't really want to fall in love with a guy at the combine... There's also a LOT left to look at. The 2nd group of O Linemen haven't even run yet.

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"]If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?
                    [/quote]

I doubt it. There's really only one 1st round RB, and that's Richardson, and I could see him falling like Ingram did last year. Maybe not as far, but still. RB isn't a premier position any more, and you can get probowl RB's day 2 or 3.

But then, I'd be surprised if Martin turns a 4.4sec 40 (maybe 4.48) . He might have the best 10yrd split though.

Comment

Could you guys keep an eye on Amini for me? I got called in to work early, and I'm going to miss the rest of the day (go! GO! Gadget DVR!). I like the looks of him, and I want to hear how he does on the drills.

could be a 3rd round developmental guy.

Comment

Michael Brockers 6-7 322 with 35" arms, my god what a Monster. I wish his tape was better. He is a lot on projection.

Fletcher Cox who is my favorite DT 6'4" 298 34 1/2 " arms.
                        1 gap penetrator in the mold of Nick Fairly that will make plays in the backfield and pressure the QB.

Comment

Massie did a poor job in the drill.

Matt Mccants looked fantastic in the pass protection drill. been Downloading 2 of his games for over a week . It goes like 2% a day

Comment

wow, Terrell Manning OLB Nc State weighed in at 237lbs, which is 12lbs more then his listed WT.. I llove that dudes game, but pretty much figured with Jaqauain, we don't need another 225lb LB, but at 237, that certainly changes things..

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Michael Brockers 6-7 322 with 35" arms, my god what a Monster. I wish his tape was better. He is a lot on projection. Fletcher Cox who is my favorite DT 6'4" 298 34 1/2 " arms. 1 gap penetrator in the mold of Nick Fairly that will make plays in the backfield and pressure the QB.[/quote] Ya, Cox is my Fave DT as well.. Brockers is freaking a big boy though.. How about Frank Alexander Weighing in at 6ft 4in 270lbs.. That puts him in 4/3 DE category, which possibly could mean us, if value is right..

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="juice33s"]If Doug Martin runs a 4.4 does he enter our conversation at 32?
                                [/quote]

I doubt it. There's really only one 1st round RB, and that's Richardson, and I could see him falling like Ingram did last year. Maybe not as far, but still. RB isn't a premier position any more, and you can get probowl RB's day 2 or 3.

But then, I'd be surprised if Martin turns a 4.4sec 40 (maybe 4.48) . He might have the best 10yrd split though.
                                [/quote]
                                Yeah but if Martin performs on par with with a potential top 10 pick (Richardson) then thats something you have to take notice....I think Martin will have the faster 40 of the two.

Comment

Working...
                                X