Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
    [/quote] All u gotta do is look at that tape i put up of him a page or 2 back, and u can see the exlplosion off the line, all though he even looks fast in the open field on a few occasions as well.. His hops are very impressive also... I'd be shocked if hes not a super talent as a pro... He basically was catching passes all over the field and lined up all over as well..

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
      [/quote] All u gotta do is look at that tape i put up of him a page or 2 back, and u can see the exlplosion off the line, all though he even looks fast in the open field on a few occasions as well.. His hops are very impressive also... I'd be shocked if hes not a super talent as a pro... He basically was catching passes all over the field and lined up all over as well..[/quote]
      Allen is not quick and he is not explosive. His 10 yd split (1.66) tied for the slowest among TE's, his 40 (4.89) was 2nd slowest and his vert (32inch) was 2nd worst. He will not go in the first and probably wont even go in the 2nd

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
        [/quote] All u gotta do is look at that tape i put up of him a page or 2 back, and u can see the exlplosion off the line, all though he even looks fast in the open field on a few occasions as well.. His hops are very impressive also... I'd be shocked if hes not a super talent as a pro... He basically was catching passes all over the field and lined up all over as well..[/quote]
        Allen is not quick and he is not explosive. His 10 yd split (1.66) tied for the slowest among TE's, his 40 (4.89) was 2nd slowest and his vert (32inch) was 2nd worst. He will not go in the first and probably wont even go in the 2nd
        [/quote] On the field, he most certainly was... keep drafting based on the Combine, and we can call u the Raiders... Hows Darius Heyward Bey and Bruce Campbell and Vern Gholston doing these days? Allen is a super super talented TE that gets it done where it counts most, on the field.. Theres nothing he was gonna do today that was gonna change my mind about Dwayne Allen..

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
          [/quote]

And yet, he stood out in the ball drills as well as looking very quick. Even Mayock commented how good he looked. Did you see that crazy sideline catch? It was the best 1 of the TEs today, thats for sure. I do wish he had broken 4.8.

But, He was also top 5 in the 3 cone and the 20 shuttle, which are both all about that short area quickness and ability to get in and out of breaks. He wastes no motion.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
            [/quote] On the field, he most certainly was... keep drafting based on the Combine, and we can call u the Raiders... Hows Darius Heyward Bey and Bruce Campbell and Vern Gholston doing these days? Allen is a super super talented TE that gets it done where it counts most, on the field.. Theres nothing he was gonna do today that was gonna change my mind about Dwayne Allen..[/quote]
            You guys need to go back to the tape b/c he looks slow on the field and his combine numbers back that up. And no he is not a "super, super talented TE"...if this was 2010 with Grisham, Gronkowski, Graham, Moeki and Hernandez, Allen would've probably went in the 4th round. Anything but a late 2nd for this guy would be a stretch imo

Comment

40 time's a bit slow, but a 32 inch vertical is not horrible. If it's second worst, then that's a greater testament to the other guys, most of which are converted WRs anyway.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]*Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
                [/quote]

And it seems that Egnew is faster than quick, heh

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"]His 10 yd split (1.66) tied for the slowest among TE's[/quote]

I am highly, highly disappointed in that. I don't know why him being explosive and quick off the line is being mentioned repeatedly in this thread. Going by that 10-yard split, Allen sounds more of a strider than someone who comes off the line with great explosiveness. If Fleener fully participated in the combine he would have badly outclassed him in numerous categories

Comment

fleener is going to run sub 4.5

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                    @Katdaddyjay 17h
                    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Wow, Chandler Jones at 6'5 with 35.5 inch arms. Kid just has incredible length.
                      My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
                        [/quote] On the field, he most certainly was... keep drafting based on the Combine, and we can call u the Raiders... Hows Darius Heyward Bey and Bruce Campbell and Vern Gholston doing these days? Allen is a super super talented TE that gets it done where it counts most, on the field.. Theres nothing he was gonna do today that was gonna change my mind about Dwayne Allen..[/quote]
                        You guys need to go back to the tape b/c he looks slow on the field and his combine numbers back that up. And no he is not a "super, super talented TE"...if this was 2010 with Grisham, Gronkowski, Graham, Moeki and Hernandez, Allen would've probably went in the 4th round. Anything but a late 2nd for this guy would be a stretch imo
                        [/quote] Please show me where he look slow on this tape where it covers 3diffrent games?

4:39Add to

Comment

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
                          [/quote] Look at 42seconds in and 1min 47seconds in and u get awesome looks at his release, and its pretty darn fast... Not to mention, hes just good.. He makes great catches, and uses his hands really well, and has shown a bunch a times the ability to go up high to snatch a ball, and hes been solid in run blocking... THe guys good..

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Allen is quicker than fast. He is very agile off the line and out of breaks, but his max speed isnt great.
                            [/quote] And it seems that Egnew is faster than quick, heh[/quote] Egnew has had to raise his stock a tad at the combine, with his measurables and 40time, to go with a gazillion catches at mizzo.. He needed some positive attention at this combine... Not everyone is in dire need of a great combine, but Egnews stock took a hit this season, adn he needs to remind people of why he was talked about as one of the best, if not theee best TE coming into 2012

Comment

Was anyone as impressed and amped up about Frank Alexanders measurables? 35inch long arms, and weighing in at 270lbs! I love Frank Alexander, but thought he'd have to be a olb in a 4/3, but now that changes totally.. I'd take Alexander with my 2nd rder possibly, if the value was right...

Comment

Its funny when discussing prospects sometimes.. U got Dwayne Allen who dosen't have outstanding combine numbers, but was really good catching the ball, and using his hands, making a sweet catch on the sidelines, and then u got Orson Charles, who killed it with his measuarables and bench press numbers, but then bumbled through the gauntlet and had a bad drop and ran a couple of bad routes(per walt footballs analaysis).. So much to take in, when evaluating anyone...

Comment

Working...
                                X