Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

Figured we better start a COMBINE thread as its underway, and gives us a spot to continue our combine chats...

First off, looks like people were dead wrong about Alshon Jeffery coming in at a supposed 240lbs or whatever the hell people were talking about..lol Dude came in at a impressive 6ft 3in 216lbs, which certainly helped him immensly..

On the other hand, Dwight Jones came in as the "alshon jeffery overweight" guy, weighing in a 230lbs! He better hope he runs a solid 40, because he'd all ready been dropping on peoples lists with a sub par Sr bowl and now comes in here at 230lbs.. He better be ready to run !

• Neverend
    replied
    Re: OFFICAL 2012 NFL COMBINE THREAD (anything and everything combine)

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nevada11"]Man the egos nowadays. fleener was both quick and fast. not just fast, not just quick. debate solved. we all is happy now? [/quote]

Um, it wasn't so much about "ego".

I was just trying to argue the explosion atop his stem was a great example of quickness to the post. Just wanted to make a point to show fleener can be quick in his routes, wasn't trying to be egotistical or something

I made a pretty solid point too. An oustandingly quick stem, is an oustandingly quick stem. Like when a wide receiver is at the line of scrimmage and trying to evade the corner, usually they break one way and go the other by generating an explosive stem (like fleener did downfield). In this instance, is the receiver considered laterally fast or laterally quick? Showing a quick, explosive stem to evade press coverage is always described as being laterally quick. Which is another reason why I feel Fleener showed great quickness to the post on the play, not running "almost straight line" by someone with just pure speed

How many times we see Cruz separate by simply just sticking his foot in the ground and having an explosive stem to gain separation. Always referred to as being quick

I'd really, really like to know how is that me having an ego. Please explain why you would take a baseless jab like that[/quote]

Just ashamed how people can not have polite debates anymore[/quote]

Was initially making a point, thats all... The fact you think I'm doing it to prove my "ego" is pretty hilarious. You seem to have completely lost your grasp on reality it seems like.

Leave a comment:

• nevada11
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="nevada11"]Man the egos nowadays. fleener was both quick and fast. not just fast, not just quick. debate solved. we all is happy now? [/quote]

I was just trying to argue the explosion atop his stem was a great example of quickness to the post. Just wanted to make a point to show fleener can be quick in his routes, wasn't trying to be egotistical or something

I made a pretty solid point too. An oustandingly quick stem, is an oustandingly quick stem. Like when a wide receiver is at the line of scrimmage and trying to evade the corner, usually they break one way and go the other by generating an explosive stem (like fleener did downfield). In this instance, is the receiver considered laterally fast or laterally quick? Showing a quick, explosive stem to evade press coverage is always described as being laterally quick. Which is another reason why I feel Fleener showed great quickness to the post on the play, not running "almost straight line" by someone with just pure speed

How many times we see Cruz separate by simply just sticking his foot in the ground and having an explosive stem to gain separation. Always referred to as being quick

I'd really, really like to know how is that me having an ego. Please explain why you would take a baseless jab like that[/quote]

Just ashamed how people can not have polite debates anymore

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

[quote user="nevada11"]Man the egos nowadays. fleener was both quick and fast. not just fast, not just quick. debate solved. we all is happy now? [/quote]

I'd really, really like to know how is that me having an ego. Please explain why you would take a baseless jab like that

Leave a comment:

• nevada11
    replied

Man the egos nowadays. fleener was both quick and fast. not just fast, not just quick. debate solved. we all is happy now?

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

Let me follow this one last time

[quote user="Blue Santa"]At 7:00 he runs a vertical post route, that is almost exclusively a vertical straight line speed route, not a quickness route.That supports my claim that Fleener gains separation from speed, not so much quickness.[/quote]

Me

[quote user="Neverend"]Gaining separation on a post route has little to do with speed, maintaining separation.. sure. But the initial separation is all about the quickness out of the break, which you clearly saw.[/quote]

You

[quote user="Blue Santa"]. The route you mention is a good example of speed, and has little to do with quickness. In fact, the post is the 2nd straightest route of all the traditional routes in football. Few routes show straight line speed better than a post. Few routes will show quickness less than a post. [/quote]

Me

[quote user="Neverend"]In my opinion, quickness is all about the stem.. measured by the explosiveness you show sticking your foot in the ground. In that route, you saw excellent quickness in that particular play. He wasnt "almost exclusively" running in a straight line.[/quote]

You

[quote user="Blue Santa"]Also ,a Post route only shows speed not quickness The 2nd straightest route in football is not a good example of quickness.[/quote]

Pretty much where you lose the argument.

And when I call you out on that stupid statement about fleener not showing quickness in that route because of the route he ran (his argument), he goes to the "i didnt say that" when infact by his responses thats exactly what he meant

And when he quotes my argument as being as:

[quote user="Blue Santa"]Saying "look how quick this guy is in this clip" then showing a post route is pointless[/quote]

When infact my point way more complicated than that. Then I do the same thing to him to see what he says:

[quote user="Neverend"]Glad you repeated your point about "that's not quickenss because it was a post route".[/quote]

He starts crying about how that's not what he said and how dare I quote him like that.. when he just did that with my argument. Then he keeps going on about reading comprehension because of this. The hypocrisy is hilarous!

And then based on all the points he repeatedly kept mentioning about Fleener not displaying quickness in that route because its a post route that is won on speed:

[quote user="Neverend"]Your definiton of quickness is not how a fast a receiver explodes out of a stem or how fluid they are in and out of their breaks -- but by rather the route they ran. So you're saying if a receiver runs a go, but didn't get get separation and made the catch with a defender draped over him, he has great speed because go routes are all about speed? [/quote]

He goes to the classic thats not what I meant route.. because he knows he can't dispute a thing I stated here

Not gonna even mention how he tried to explain how he Fleener got no separation. Called him out on the stupidity of that statement, and he backtracks on it

Called him out on the stupidity of saying fleener is only lined up inline for stanford "except as an hback". He thinks me not mentioning the hback part somehow takes away the context of his ignorance and making stupid statements about Fleener.

Yep, his inability to dispute anything about Fleener's display of quickness atop his stem in that route other than "its a post route. post route = speed not quickness" as i quoted in this post, him claiming fleener got no separation (then backtracking), him being completely dumbfounded & unable to respond anytime I make analogies/supporting facts that destroys his argument (goes to the classic "i didnt say that" route), shows classic hypocrisy when i do the same thing he does, and got flat out exposed about his ignorance and stupidity when it comes to things about Fleener and how he is used in stanford's offense...

Just goes to show how utterly sad it is when a man lives in a such a close mind he can't even come close to admitting he's wrong so he tries to go around it. Its so entertaining, but also sad. Worst part is... he may actually still believe fleener never got separation on the play, never displayed any quickness, and is only an h-back for stanford when he isnt lined up tight to the line. The ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

[quote user="Blue Santa"] You are confusing Fleener with someone else. The guy lines up tight to the line almost every play. When he doesnt, he is in a H-back position but that was used far less this year than 2010. Stanford runs a VERY pro style offense.[/quote]

Lol.

Loving the backtracking, downplaying, and the ignorance. Pretty much sums up how you go about thinking and like to talk out of your rear end

Have a well afternoon

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"]

Quickness and burst to his game. Wonder why someone think that. I thought his game was mostly speed and not much else[/quote]

I said that?

Nah its more likely that ...[quote user="Neverend"]I May have quoted you wrong [/quote]

and also....[quote user="Neverend"]My reading comprehension may be terrible or something[/quote]

This discussion is pointless, these 2 quotes show exactly why. Ttyl gluck with your last word

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

Funny how you also avoid mentioning, that when he isn't on "almost every play" it's only as an H-back. (which is pretty much you saying he's lined up tight every single play) And now trying to downplay what you meant by "almost". May have quoted you wrong but don't sit here and pretend like that still makes the statement YOU made any less ignorant and wrong. More and more entertaining watching you trying to go around an ignorant, stupid statement, or that what I posted eliminates the context out of what you absolutely meant.

After someone linked here what greg cosell (one of the more well respected film evaluators) said about randle was reading through his tweets and came across this from a few days ago

Greg Cosell?@gregcosellReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    Open

Asked about Fleener. Fluid route runner. Lateral quicks. Short area burst. Ability to attack vertical seams. Reminded me of HOU O. Daniels.
    Quickness and burst to his game. Wonder why someone think that. I thought his game was mostly speed and not much else

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"]Ah, here it is:

[link]http://boards.giants.com/forums/3/2504459/ShowThread.aspx#2504459[/link]

When someone suggested Fleener's ability as an in-line blocker will impress scouts and I said he's subbed out a lot in-line on obvious run downs for stanford in the most recent games I was watching at the time. You're response as followed:

Wait ...what?

You are confusing Fleener with someone else. The guy lines up tight to the line almost every play. When he doesnt, he is in a H-back position, but that was used far less this year than 2010. Stanford runs a VERY pro style offense.
    Ah... speaks volumes about your ignorance and tendency to stay dumb things, doesn't it?[/quote]

Again lets review what I said n your link there compared with what you say I said.

You say I said the following :
    [quote user="Neverend"]you saying Fleener is only lined up tight to the
    line because stanford plays a pro style offense. [/quote]

What I actually said within the link YOU provided:
    [quote user="BlueSanta"] The guy lines up tight to the line almost every play. [/quote]

You see the difference there? Do you understand the difference between the words "only" and "almost every?"

1 implies "every time" the other implies "a majority of the time."

Are you actually trying to say Fleener wasn't tight to the line a majority of the time?

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

Ah, here it is:

[link]http://boards.giants.com/forums/3/2504459/ShowThread.aspx#2504459[/link]

When someone suggested Fleener's ability as an in-line blocker will impress scouts and I said he's subbed out a lot in-line on obvious run downs for stanford in the most recent games I was watching at the time. You're response as followed:

Wait ...what?

You are confusing Fleener with someone else. The guy lines up tight to the line almost every play. When he doesnt, he is in a H-back position, but that was used far less this year than 2010. Stanford runs a VERY pro style offense.
    Ah... speaks volumes about your ignorance and tendency to stay dumb things, doesn't it? Should be vastly entertaining watching you explain how "almost every play" means "usually half the time" and "h-back" was meant to mean "in the slot and out wide".

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

Again, more ignorance.

I was talking about another thread when you made that ridiculous statement that Fleener is only lined up tight to the line, not because of something you saw in games but because "stanford runs a pro style offense"

You DID state that on a thread not too long ago when I was talking about Fleener's versatility. Can't be bothered finding it, however.

Making ignorant and stupid statements is a very common theme with you.

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"]Have fun with your genius theories that if a receiver wins a route it can ONLY be won on a certain way.[/quote]
    [quote user="Neverend"]My reading comprehension may be terrible or something[/quote]

[quote user="Neverend"]you saying Fleener is only lined up tight to the line because stanford plays a pro style offense. [/quote]

Lets review my quote please and see if that is what I said:

[quote user="BlueSanta"]He(fleener) was used at a "tight to the line" blocker far more often that allen
    [/quote]

[quote user="Neverend"]My reading comprehension may be terrible or something[/quote]

[quote user="Neverend"]Why bother arguing with the ignorant[/quote]

Good point! I agree. I cannot argue with someone who doesnt understand the written word

Leave a comment:

• Neverend
    replied

Pretty sad when a guy can't even dispute anything in an argument so they backtrack what they say and then drop themselves to a level where they have to insult because they can't really make any kind of counter point

Have fun with your genius theories that if a receiver wins a route it can ONLY be won on a certain way.

If they win on a post route by quickness at the top of their stem, they can't because post routes are won by speed. That's exactly like saying if a receiver wins on a go route by boxing out a corner despite with little separation, they don't have great ball skills but great speed because straight line fly routes are won by speed.

I guess it must be fun living in such a close-minded world with ridiculous ignorant football "theories" you like to come up with. Good riddance I guess

Still not nearly as stupid as you saying Fleener is only lined up tight to the line because stanford plays a pro style offense. When clearly Fleener is used as a receiver quite often (even in the play I linked). But oh, this can't be true because stanford runs a pro style offense. Amazing logic! I guess you just like to say things out of your *** often, and when you're called out on it, you have to come up with the most silliest ways to go around it. Why bother arguing with the ignorant

Leave a comment:

• BlueSanta
    replied

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="BlueSanta"]You're reading comprehension is terrible...seriously terrible.

But it's ok just keep trying to put words in my mouth and then applying your wierd logic fit your point.

[/quote]

My reading comprehension may be terrible or something[/quote]

Nuff said

Leave a comment:

Working...
X