Stephen Hill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stephen Hill

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]6'4 215 4.3 forty and almost a 40 inch vertical and the fastest ten yard split ever recorded. Would he be in the discussion at 32?[/quote]

Every .... frickin .... Combine.

Let's not forget the kid couldn't catch a cold.[/quote]

Not true at all.

There is a different between not being able to catch and not being thrown to.

Georgia tech averaged about 10 passes per game, compared to 55 rushing attempts per game. Only about 3 of those passes were to Hill.

He also might be the very best runblocking WR in this draft.Actually, he might be the best downfield blocking wr to come out of the draft in 5 years or more.

He has done everything asked of him. Its not his fault if his team didnt throw the ball much.

[/quote] He has concentration issues for sure. Maybe its because of the lack of targets[/quote]

So they didn't target him enough in the throwing drills at the Combine?

Because he looked VERY mediocre in that regard.[/quote]I didnt see that part im talking about the games. He has issues catching the ball thats for sure

Comment

He's deffinetly a risk but if he ever develops watch out his potential is thru the roof. His size speed combo is very very rare.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[/quote]
        As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

I think you are asking the wrong question to the wrong person.

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.
        [/quote]

Well he was only like the 90th ranked WR of his recruiting class, he was by no means a surefire starter at every program.[/quote]Yeah, he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS. He had offers from Boston College, GT, Mississippi, Miss St., North Carolina, UAB, and UCF. He's from Georgia so he probably wanted to go to school & play ball close to home.
        [/quote]

He also turned down Georgia.

In light of that, I think my point still stands.
        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

In 1 way, there is a serious comparison to be made between Hill and Stanford's Coby Fleener. They both share the same ridiculous upside. But, because of the limmited use in their respective college offenses, there are going to be unknowns. Any time there is an unknown, you have risk.

What we do know is that in both cases when asked to perform their role, albeit a minor role in each player's respective offense, they were very good players.

[/quote]
          As shown by hill's 29.3 yards per catch. What I don't understand is if the kid has that much ability how could u waste his talents only throwing to him 3-5 times per game even if it is a triple option offense. That of should a found some ways to get the ball in this guys hands more with speed like that.[/quote]

If you are that athletic coming out of high school and you play a position like WR. WHY ON EARTH would you want to go to a college program that only passes the ball ~20% of offensive plays?

I get that being self centered is bad. But cmon, thats the opposite of self centered, thats down right self destructive.
          [/quote]

Well he was only like the 90th ranked WR of his recruiting class, he was by no means a surefire starter at every program.[/quote]Yeah, he wasn't highly recruited coming out of HS. He had offers from Boston College, GT, Mississippi, Miss St., North Carolina, UAB, and UCF. He's from Georgia so he probably wanted to go to school & play ball close to home.
          [/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, he got an offer from UGA after he had already committed to GT late in the recruiting process. I'm pretty sure Hill was a hoops star in HS as well, not sure if he actually played basketball at GT.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah, he got an offer from UGA after he had already committed to GT late in the recruiting process. I'm pretty sure Hill was a hoops star in HS as well, not sure if he actually played basketball at GT.
            [/quote]Here's his 40 yard dash for the cash video: watch the clip of Stephen Hill running

Comment

Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="BluGiantPies"][quote user="BlueSanta"]Even before the combine there were rumors this kid would explode.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I saw him talking on NFL Network and he said he wanted his mom to be bale to watch him play.

Comment

[quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it

Comment

[quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

I know he probably won't turn out the same but that's what we said about JPP and look at him now. If we take him I'll be excited about it
                    [/quote]

The JPPs of the world are the exception not the rule.

If Stephen Hill was a 4th rounder, I'd agree with you.

Some momos are now projecting him as high as the 22nd pick overall.

Lawl lawl lawl.
                    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )
                        I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Lawl lawl lawl.[/quote]Demaryius Thomas was successful and he came from there I believe is the line of thinking.Some of the same type of flaws as well. He was more productive though[/quote]

Ok ... but Stephen Hill is most often compared to Darius Heyward-Bey .... sooooooo ....

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote]

DHB caught for almost 1000 yards last year. Not exactly a bust, although he wasn't polished coming out so he took longer to develop.

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

Kid may turn out to be a good receiver. He's certainly fast enough in a straight line. However he doesn't have #1 receiver skills (past speed) and I wouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on a #2 or #3 receiver candidate (then again I'm not a GM either so I'm as full of **** as anyone )[/quote]

DHB caught for almost 1000 yards last year. Not exactly a bust, although he wasn't polished coming out so he took longer to develop.

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...

Comment

[quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...[/quote]

True but DHB was also expected to produce a lot more then he has. So while his numbers weren't *bad* in 2011, they still haven't lived up to expectation either.

Similarly, Hill is starting to be touted as a first round talent (granted late first round). Two weeks ago he was a 4th round prospect. That's the pitfall that is the Combine and a fast 40 speed.

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="jhamburg"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="michaelkhan3"][quote user="BurnerNYG"]Who cares how fast he is... the guy only had 28 catches. Who wants another 2-3 year project?[/quote]

[/quote]

No one is saying to draft this guy 7th overall either...[/quote]

True but DHB was also expected to produce a lot more then he has. So while his numbers weren't *bad* in 2011, they still haven't lived up to expectation either.

Similarly, Hill is starting to be touted as a first round talent (granted late first round). Two weeks ago he was a 4th round prospect. That's the pitfall that is the Combine and a fast 40 speed.[/quote]

He *has* lived up to expectations. Everyone knew he would struggle early on learning NFL offenses and routes, and hopefully his athleticism would enable him to become a decent/good WR after a few years. That's exactly what happened.

DHB only failed to live up to Al Davis' expectations. Everyone else knew he was a late 1st/2nd round prospect, behind Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks, and Britt. He's infamous because he was taken way too early.

if someone takes Hill before Blackmon I'll be the first to say it's a stupid pick, but there's nothing wrong with us considering him at our position.

Comment

Working...
                                X