DE in the First?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DE in the First?

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="swimeasy"]I'm still a bit concerned with the Baas/Boothe center experiment. Boothe seemed to do better, but the snaps were still shaky. No doubt that will be on TC's camp to do list.
    [/quote]

Swim I have to say you are easily one of the most polite posters on this board recently (and a refreshing change of pace). [b]

I can understand being uneasy about our Center situation but I'll mention something here that hasn't been brought up before (at least prominently) regarding this:

Our Oline prior to this year had been together for 5 years without fail. In 2010 we had a bunch of injuries to several starters and that seemed to be the impetus to finally pull the trigger on retooling the Oline. Baas, while not looking impressive in the least, is new to both our Oline process AND the position itself (he'd only had one year prior to this as a Center with the 9ers).

Now history has proven Jerry Reese to do well on his bigger FA signings ... just not right away (Boley, Canty, Rolle all having subpar first years). I've learned not to bet against JR, and I happen to think we have an excellent personel department. So I'm willing to wait and see if Baas matures and I think he will (he will almost certainly start at Center given his contract in 2012).[/quote]

Thanks again for your response Kruunch. And thank you for your kind words. I did get a chuckle out of it as my rep at work is the opposite. (It can be a challenge to be a New Yorker outside of the tri-state area) Maybe I should use you as a reference.[]

OMG this thread has grown. Always appreciate everyone's insights. I know I understand only a fraction of it but will be following what Reese does with perhaps a more educated eye nonetheless. []

Comment

I've got no problem with a DE. I want to keep Osi, but I don't know if it's going to happen. Plus, I want Kiwi to stay at LB.

I'd prefer o-line or secondary with the 1st, but whoever the BPA is, is fine by me. DT wouldn't be bad either because Bernard is so-so, we don't know what Austin is going to be, and Canty is $6 million per year.

Comment

This year it's supposed to be deep in DT prospects.

Comment

Whenever we draft a DE, I usual feel safe it's a solid pick. (Of course with the exception of the blind man)

Comment

[quote user="M0rbid"]This year it's supposed to be deep in DT prospects.
            [/quote]
            I've got no problem with a DT.

Comment

[quote user="JJC7301"]I've got no problem with a DE. I want to keep Osi, but I don't know if it's going to happen. Plus, I want Kiwi to stay at LB.

I'd prefer o-line or secondary with the 1st, but whoever the BPA is, is fine by me. DT wouldn't be bad either because Bernard is so-so, we don't know what Austin is going to be, and Canty is $6 million per year.[/quote]

Yes, I think Kiwi's play has gotten to where he's even better at LB than he is at DE. Plus I don't see anyone we currently have supplanting him at SAM. Maybe Sintim, if he shows something he hasn't yet shown us.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Coples and Upshaw will be off the board. If the Giants go DE in the 1st round, they go Nick Perry (Southern Cal).

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm not a fan of Coples and Upshaw will be off the board. If the Giants go DE in the 1st round, they go Nick Perry (Southern Cal).
                  [/quote]

Perry will probably be off the board as well.

Leaving Andre Branch as our first round DE option (which I'm not really in favor of).

Guess it really depends on who falls to us.
                  I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm not a fan of Coples and Upshaw will be off the board. If the Giants go DE in the 1st round, they go Nick Perry (Southern Cal).
                    [/quote]

Perry will probably be off the board as well.

Leaving Andre Branch as our first round DE option (which I'm not really in favor of).

Guess it really depends on who falls to us.[/quote]Not really a fan of Branch either. Played DE at Clemson but most analyst are projecting him as a 3-4 OLB.

Comment

Working...
                    X