David Wilson or Lamar Miller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wilson or Lamar Miller

I keep seeing mock drafts with us picking one of the two. I didn't see to many of there games but the clips of Wilson are amazing but Miller looks good too who should we take..

Re: David Wilson or Lamar Miller

Neither seem like they are valued as a receiver out of the backfield...good runners in college though, but not big enough to wear defenses down

Comment

Lamar Miller is better and plus you know the Giants like the University of Miami players a lot.

Comment

[quote user="hungrrrry"]Neither seem like they are valued as a receiver out of the backfield...good runners in college though, but not big enough to wear defenses down[/quote] we always go with a RB rotation, we never have just one back we use & abuse.......lesean McCoy Isnt big enough to wear defenses down either.....

Comment

I remember watching the Combine that Dave Wilson is a more 3 down all around back.
          Though I do like both of them. I just can't predict if would would take a RB in round 1 or 2.

Comment

Both are electric runners , & have outstanding burst off the snap .. Miller in my mind , is the more complete back, but Wilson is more physical & will break more tackles at the next level.. I would be happy with either 1 .. Pairing either of the these guys or even Doug Martin, out of Boise State with Bradshaw would make our offense MUCH more dangerous than it all ready is

Comment

[quote user="GMenNY21"]Both are electric runners , & have outstanding burst off the snap .. Miller in my mind , is the more complete back, but Wilson is more physical & will break more tackles at the next level.. I would be happy with either 1 .. Pairing either of the these guys or even Doug Martin, out of Boise State with Bradshaw would make our offense MUCH more dangerous than it all ready is[/quote] personally I'd rather trade back a few spots & get a extra pick/Doug Martin....

Comment

Wilson was great at catching balls at the Combine, Miller not so much but both i know are great receiving RB's.

Wilson can break tackles and Miller has the break away speed. Both are great and i would love to have either RB at 32.

Comment

Lamar Miller had the best Speed score from the class.Its a metric that calculates speed/weight. the Giants have drafted 2 backs with the best overall speed score in a draft class . Andre Brown and Brandon Jacobs

I prefer Lamar Miller between the 2 personally. Wilson is my 4th rated RB

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Lamar Miller had the best Speed score from the class.Its a metric that calculates speed/weight. the Giants have drafted 2 backs with the best overall speed score in a draft class . Andre Brown and Brandon Jacobs

I prefer Lamar Miller between the 2 personally. Wilson is my 4th rated RB[/quote]

same here. i say whoever drops to our pick in the 2nd round is who we should take. i wouldnt be surprised if one of miller/david/martin is there at 64.

Comment

Thanks for the info sounds like we should trade down and get to 2nds and take a rb later on.

Comment

[quote user="giantsfan420"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Lamar Miller had the best Speed score from the class.Its a metric that calculates speed/weight. the Giants have drafted 2 backs with the best overall speed score in a draft class . Andre Brown and Brandon Jacobs

I prefer Lamar Miller between the 2 personally. Wilson is my 4th rated RB[/quote]

same here. i say whoever drops to our pick in the 2nd round is who we should take. i wouldnt be surprised if one of miller/david/martin is there at 64.[/quote] I predict Wilson late 1st, miller early 2nd, Martin mid 2nd.....I'd love to trade back,get extra 3rd, pick up Martin wth our first pick...

Comment

There are things to like about both. I like Miller's north south style, and I like Wilsons consistent production and open field running, as well as his kick returning.
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]I'd love to trade back,get extra 3rd, pick up Martin wth our first pick...[/quote]That would be perfect.
                            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Miller doesn't run with a low center of gravity like all of the best RBs in the NFL and goes down very easy on initial contact subsequently not getting many yards after contact. Has some bust/disappointment potential to me if fans have expectations of him being an elite RB in the NFL

I like David Wilson better. He actually runs low to the ground, has great balance, doesn't let himself get arm tackled in the hole by defensive lineman, and plays big/pushes the pile. I'm not a fan of his vision, as he needs to be more disciplined as a runner and take with the defense gives him while not running out of control. But Wilson has a lot more significant advantages over Miller as I mentioned which gives him the edge here

Comment

Working...
                              X