Community Draft Room

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Community Draft Room

Rd2. Bobby Massie, Bobby Wagner, trumaine Johnson, lavonte David.
    Dropping Lamar miller/Doug martin
    Same story as keuchley basically rbs are a dime a dozen in this league which is why so many are still unsigned in free agency. Lamar miller has technique issues(runs to high) and Doug martin has size concerns( even though I think he's gonna be elite)
    Needs tackle MLB running back and safety
    The pick. Unless the two stud running backs are on the board the pick should be massie he could potentially be an elite right tackle once he sorts out some of his technique issues. Massie sits the year unless he beats out brewer and irons out his technique. Brewer plays right tackle this year and shows us what he's got, if he performs admirably next year maybe he moves to the blind side and massie takes over the right side and we got our bookends for yrs to come. Also if beatty steps up and builds on what he was doing last year wed have excellent depth at the position with three potential starters.

Comment

@rainierjef: I always approach mock drafts from the point of view of what the Giants would do over what I would do personally. Otherwise it just feels like an unrealistic wish list to me. This is my personal point of view, not one I think others should hold to necessarily.

Having said that and with Stephen Hill as our first pick ... Round 2 ...

Picks) Amini Silatolu (OG) / George Iloka (FS) / Chandler Jones (DE)

Person Dropping) Dwayne Allen (TE)

Needs (Rd. 2): OLine (RT specifically), DE (Osi replacement for next year), RB

Trade Option) We don't trade down.

With our first pick being Stephen Hill we need to seriously start minding our Oline issues and I think the 2nd round is rich in Oline prospects. Amini Silatulo is just an immense physical speciman which the Giants love. After him, you also have Bobbie Massie and Mitchell Schwartz who are also big athletic guys. However if the Giants decide not to spend high on their Oline, I think they either add needed depth to their secondary in the best FS in the draft (Iloka) or prepare for an Osi-less future down the road with Chandler Jones (DE).

Dwayne Allen, considered the best TE in the draft mere weeks ago had a less than stellar Combine and his stock continues to fall. Fleener is rated higher now and I think Allen continues to fall in a draft weak in elite TE talent.

Finally, there is a big drop off in running backs (another need of ours) between the early second round (Lamar Miller) and late in the round (Isaiah Pead). I think the Giants look at value and position here and pass on RB here and will grab one in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

BPA at this pick may very well be Dwayne Allen if he falls this far, but we pass on him for much greater value at TE later in the draft.

P.S. - After this round, I don't think we need to list players who are dropping imo.

P.P.S. - I didn't mention Mohamed Sanu but he's working out for the Giants this week. This could very well be our second pick in the draft (which means Reese may be thinking of going a different direction in the first (i.e. no Stephen Hill)).
      I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

Round 2 baby!!!

George Iloka FS / Chandler Jones DE / Amini Silatolu OG

Oline / DB / Dline

Amini Silatolu OG Need/BPA

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"]Round 2 baby!!!

Oline / DB / Dline

Amini Silatolu OG Need/BPA[/quote]

Copy cat
          I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Round 2 baby!!!

Oline / DB / Dline

Copy cat [/quote]

Dude honestly, the funny part is, I noticed you were the last to post, but didn't really read what you put till after I posted my round 2. Guess great minds think alike.....

Comment

[quote user="Kruunch"]@rainierjef: I always approach mock drafts from the point of view of what the Giants would do over what I would do personally. Otherwise it just feels like an unrealistic wish list to me. This is my personal point of view, not one I think others should hold to necessarily.

With our first pick being Stephen Hill we need to seriously start minding our Oline issues and I think the 2nd round is rich in Oline prospects. Amini Silatulo is just an immense physical speciman which the Giants love. After him, you also have Bobbie Massie and Mitchell Schwartz who are also big athletic guys. However if the Giants decide not to spend high on their Oline, I think they either add needed depth to their secondary in the best FS in the draft (Iloka) or prepare for an Osi-less future down the road with Chandler Jones (DE).

Dwayne Allen, considered the best TE in the draft mere weeks ago had a less than stellar Combine and his stock continues to fall. Fleener is rated higher now and I think Allen continues to fall in a draft weak in elite TE talent.

Finally, there is a big drop off in running backs (another need of ours) between the early second round (Lamar Miller) and late in the round (Isaiah Pead). I think the Giants look at value and position here and pass on RB here and will grab one in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

BPA at this pick may very well be Dwayne Allen if he falls this far, but we pass on him for much greater value at TE later in the draft.

P.S. - After this round, I don't think we need to list players who are dropping imo.

P.P.S. - I didn't mention Mohamed Sanu but he's working out for the Giants this week. This could very well be our second pick in the draft (which means Reese may be thinking of going a different direction in the first (i.e. no Stephen Hill)).[/quote]

thats cool bro i didn't mean to come off condescending or anything. but its like what enigma posted after your post.

who do we trade down win and for what picks ?

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg Ö

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="Kruunch"]@rainierjef: I always approach mock drafts from the point of view of what the Giants would do over what I would do personally. Otherwise it just feels like an unrealistic wish list to me. This is my personal point of view, not one I think others should hold to necessarily.

P.P.S. - I didn't mention Mohamed Sanu but he's working out for the Giants this week. This could very well be our second pick in the draft (which means Reese may be thinking of going a different direction in the first (i.e. no Stephen Hill)).[/quote]

thats cool bro i didn't mean to come off condescending or anything. but its like what enigma posted after your post.

who do we trade down win and for what picks ?
                [/quote]

You didn't come off like that at all. I was actually toying around with doing a side by side mock of "wish list" vs. "realistic list" to see what the differences would be.

Barring the Manning trade, the Giants don't tend to move around their first 3 picks (certainly not the first 2). If movement is done at all, it's usually some low end moves with the 4th-7th picks. We generally tend to be an island for the most part in the draft however.

And the strength of this draft (supposedly) is in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Why would we want to trade out of either?

As for my personal preference ... our track record (under Reese) with first round picks has been virtually perfect (Prince, JPP, Nicks, Phillips, Ross). Aaron Ross, a starting CB who just signed a large deal with Atlanta has been our worst first round draft pick under Reese so far. That's pretty amazing.

Accordingly our second round draft picks have been equally impressive (Austin, Joseph, T2, Steve Smith, Beatty, Sintim). The only mistep here so far has been Sintim and a large part of that is injury related. So i"m ok with their second round philosophy as well (i.e. our interests coincide).

Comment

Yeah had Jef stated to go with what the Giants are thinking, I would of selected one of the DT's that would of dropped instead. No biggie though really.

I like Silatolu myself but isn't his stock on the rise to the early 2nd and mid 2nd now? Probably due to his versatility and slight possibility of being able to play tackle in a pinch.

This round is a bit harder than I thought it would be so I'll have to think more on this and come back later.

Comment

[quote user="GGTM_1977"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="GGTM_1977"]Round 2 baby!!!

Oline / DB / Dline

Copy cat [/quote]

Dude honestly, the funny part is, I noticed you were the last to post, but didn't really read what you put till after I posted my round 2. Guess great minds think alike.....[/quote]

hehe it's all good [b]

Comment

Round 2 Pick 63

1. Bobby Massie RT / Trumaine Johnson CB / Chandler Jones DE

2. Kevin Zeitler OG - With Silatolu's stock rising, it's possible that Zeitler suffers because of this. More of a technician than an athlete, he doesn't have as much upside as Silatolu or Osemele.

3. Tackle / Runningback / Tight End

4. Bobby Massie, RT, Ole Miss - All we have at right tackle at the moment is an unproven Brewer and an aging, worn down Diehl. Though he's a bit raw and has gotten by on his strength alone at the college level, I'm confident that our coaching staff can make him into an elite right tackle and help get our running game back on track. Reese mentioned last offseason that Brewer has left tackle feet so that had me thinking in the event that Beatty is injured once more or just fails to impress, Brewer could be our guy on the left side while Massie takes the right side.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Yeah had Jef stated to go with what the Giants are thinking, I would of selected one of the DT's that would of dropped instead. No biggie though really. I like Silatolu myself but isn't his stock on the rise to the early 2nd and mid 2nd now? Probably due to his versatility and slight possibility of being able to play tackle in a pinch. This round is a bit harder than I thought it would be so I'll have to think more on this and come back later.[/quote]

Agreed with the moves happening around the league, BGE going to cincy, Bush to the bears and now Fleener doing what i thought he would, that changes the entire dynamic of the first and ultimately domino effecting the second round.

Sigh i see on ever board most of the top OG/OC are gone by mid 2nd round i think the only good thing i see is Phillip Blake and Michael Brewster might be there at 63; but do we need another center? with the commitment to Baas and a full off season to learn how to run block smfh i dont think so.

Couple with the fact that were probably going to move Diehl over to RT with Brewer also figthing for that spot in the offseason, and beatty coming back i have this strange feeling and this might only ber me but i don't see us targeting OL in the second round or even the 3rd call me nuts but i think they feel we have the pieces to build a solid O-Line with a full offseason of them getting into a rythm.

Now Does it fall to BPA fellas? Maybe! but there is a drop off in OL talent after pick 61 cause the 9ers are going to try to replace Adam Snyder with a Guard.

I thought Zeitler would be there or even Silatolu, but most mocks i see have them gone by mid round. were possibly looking at Rishaw Johnson for G's or Nate potter for OT's.

this is all based on a couple of pro Mock's i've seen.

this round is mind racking its going to take some time to come up with some realistic prospects at 62 i think i have Miller Dropping only cause of the Running back dime a dozen rule i had him being picked up by Cincy but like i said earlier they might go a different route for the BGE pick up as well as the Bears.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

I would have selected silatolu as well but think hell be gone early second rd. I deff see miller dropping a bit if he's there he should be the pick.

Comment

I'm Sorry this took so long for me to get to i had to really investigate some Mocks and look at some combine numbers to come up with an accurate assesment of the prospects that will be there to what we need and whats BPA.

Kruunch your right we won't do potential dropped prospects after this round. this might look crazy but bare with me i have an explanation.

Round 2

1. Doug Martin RB Boise State/ Brandon Boykin CB Georgia / Bobbie Massie OT OleMiss

2. Mychail Kendricks OLB/ILB Cal

3. RB / OT / CB, S

4. Doug Martin RB Boise State.

I also see Lamar Miller Dropping as well and Mohammed Sanu. Why did i choose Martin over miller? i feel Martin is more of an every down back than miller. Why didn't i go the obvious OT route, well i think we're as well as myself jumping the gun on the O-Line. they didn't have an offseason together to get that rythm together, plus Petrus flashed a little, Boothe has shown that he can handle a starting role as either Guard or center if he sures up his snapping ability. we got Beatty coming back before he had PRK surgery. and with the RT position while i understand there is need for concern we still have Brewer who the staff and fans like a lot and Diehl who's ability now might not be suited for guard or LT but might be right for RT.

I think its time to upgrade the Skill positions, we need an every down back.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Also Kruunch your Right we wonít do Dropping prospects after this round; its unnecessary.

So far in the second round we have.

Kruunch : Dwayne Allen / BPA Pick

GGTM_1977 : Amini Silatolu / BPA/Need Pick

TheEnigma: Bobbie Massie / Need

Me: Doug Martin / Need

Blugiantpies: is a tossup between Amini Silatolu / Lamar Miller. * can you confirm your prospects and pick for us? Thanks

fficeffice" />>>

So Guys allow me to persuade you a little and I do this in three ways Iíll Give you why heís there, why we Need him, and the Impact he will have[/B].

Due to the FA acquisitions of M. Bush and BGE to the Bears and Bengals, Couple that with the fact that the Running back dime a dozen mentalities most owners or draft decision makers have. They might spend their picks on positions to prevent against or improve the Passing league were in now ( i.e. Safeties , Corners, Line backers, Wide receivers, Tight ends, Offensive Line ) Round 3 might be the round where the most RBís are taken.

Bradshaw ( one wrong cut on either foot away from missing games due to surgery ) its honestly a blessing that Bradshaw with the way he runs and all the surgeries he hasnít had a Season ending early season. *knocking hella wood right now. We were all high on Ware but he hasnít with the touches heís got take the next step in his game, It almost feels sort of Gerris wilkenson/Sinorice Moss-esque that we keep him; waiting for that break out season that were fabricating in our minds of a spark here and there. Daírel Scott this kid has potential to be something very good, I wonít say special yet and thatís the problem we need to see more of him, besides that 100 yard run in preseason against the bears 2nd string guys what have we seen? Sure you were pumped but we need more. The giants regardless of looking great in the passing game are still a run first organization. Itís time to upgrade the position. Plus we lost Jacobs, emotional blow but a necessary one and I am a big Jacobs fan. ďIíve come to terms with the loss.Ē

Doug Martin can come in and be an every down back in our system. He runs low with great balance, sure heís not a burner like L. Miller, but he can Pass block, catch the ball very good, he runs hard and can break containment, he hits the hole fast and reckless. Deceptively shifty in open space and can spell Bradshaw possibly taking over the starting role late in the season. To win football games in November-January you need to have a strong running game and this kid even with a mediocre Line can gain some tough yards.

So guys Doug Martin right?!?! Come on you know it makes sense

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Close out is tomorrow right now its looking like Aimini Silatolu.

Doug Martin is the better option come one who's with me "tom cruise voice"

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Working...
                                X