X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40"

Todd McShay

This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.

Re: We should trade up and get TE Coby Fleener

Did I read correctly that Mario Manningham
    will not be playing with the Giants this season?
    Who will replace him at WR if this is true?

Comment

[quote user="luvbigblue28"]Did I read correctly that Mario Manningham
      Who will replace him at WR if this is true?[/quote]

Are you serious?

Comment

I'd like to believe that post was a joke (not the Fleener post)

Comment

MM is a niner ... was a FA, so u know the highest bidder

i don't like trading up (ha, except for Eli of course), u seem to always have to pay a lot to move 4 or 5 places ... if he falls to us, then fine

Comment

Unless Reese is so in love with Fleener, and feel he will be gone at 32, I don't see him trading up. He values his draft picks.

Now maybe I can see him taking him at 32, if he has Fleener as the BPA at that spot.

Harbaugh may want to see him in a 49er jersey as well.

Comment

Mike Mayock said that he was not a 1st round pick. He went on to say that there are no TE in the draft that are 1st rounders. Kiper says that we will pick him so that means it will never happen.

Comment

[quote user="tonyt830"]Harbaugh may want to see him in a 49er jersey as well.

[/quote]That becomes a scary offense. Great OL, one elite TE, and another TE with an elite skill set, two vertical threat receivers, one possession guy, a solid (aging) RB core, and an efficient QB in his 2nd year with a QB guru coach.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

I honestly don't see Reese as the kind of guy who would trade up in the 1st round for most positions. Probably only QB and MAYBE a DE. He would rather sit than make an aggressive move like that.

Comment

No trade up because we don;t know if te will fall to Giants and Giants may have to give up too much.

Comment

[quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40"

Todd McShay

This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]I am not sure that Fleener has the blocking skills that the Giants require for that position. Fleener was used more as a slot TE rather than a blocking TE in college so I am not sure he will fit the Giants needs. Now with Jacobs gone, the Giants will need a lot of help in their blocking schemes and I do not think they can afford a non-blocking TE.

Comment

[quote user="giantsforce"][quote user="AllTuckedUp"]"TE coby Fleener just ran 4.45 40"

Todd McShay

This guy is big. This guy is fast. This guy can catch. This guy can run good routes. This guy is the real deal.[/quote]I am not sure that Fleener has the blocking skills that the Giants require for that position. Fleener was used more as a slot TE rather than a blocking TE in college so I am not sure he will fit the Giants needs. Now with Jacobs gone, the Giants will need a lot of help in their blocking schemes and I do not think they can afford a non-blocking TE.
                        [/quote]

They have a top 5 blocking TE with Bennett now, not to mention, Boss didn't know how to block at all coming out of college and he turned OK, no?

Pope is an awesome coach and whenever you see a guy that's 6'6 that runs 4.55 yards AGAINST the wind you know his a unique athlete and well worth a first rounder.

Comment

Who will replace him at WR if this is true?[/quote] did you hear about peyton manning being released by the colts?

Comment

Still wouldn't draft him. The Giants don't utilize TEs in the passing game enough to warrant trading up for him or drafting him in the first rd. We like our TEs block first and pass catch later. Fleener is the type of guy you put in the slot. Gronkowski and Hernandez work because Hernandez is more of a H-back.

Giants will be happy with Bennett and wait for Ballard. Plus they have that guy Hopkins that they like.

Go for O-line first unless a stud like Keuchly, Hightower, Barron, Mercilus fall to us.

Comment

Who will replace him at WR if this is true?[/quote]

You read correctly and, as of right now, Hixon, Jernigan, and Barden are going to compete for# 3.
                              “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Working...
                              X