Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st round WRs that could be ours...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st round WRs that could be ours...........

Wright scares me a little.. slow 40 and a little concern over his body fat percentage

But is too dynamic and a tremendous vertical threat. Would love him at 32

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
      [/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32. It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses. If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]

OT is a huge weakness, we have virtually no depth with Kmac departing.. not to mention the guys we have couldn't pass or run block at all last year.

Also, you feel comfortable with our depth behind Cruz and Nicks? I don't think the Giants FO is, or else they wouldn't bring so interested in Sanu and Randle.
      [/quote]

One thing I think we've learned about our otganization is that they believe in developing players and being patient doing so. I think they beleive that JJ is the next guy up at the #3. Don't forget we also signed Hixon. Will we draft a WR at some point in the draft to keep the pipeline full?Maybe. But probably in later rounds.

The real point is that we have probably the most dynamic duo of WR's in the NFL. (Maybe GB is close). Its not a position of need at all. Other than QB it may be the most significant point of strength. That can obviosly change if we have some serious injuries there but thats true of any position on the field.

[/quote]

Well said
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

this league has become a three receiver league if you haven't noticed yet. and lets be real here

Greg Jennings - Hakeem Nicks
        Jordy Nelson - Victor Cruz
        James Jones - Jerell Jerrnigan
        Donald Driver - Ramses Barden
        Randall Cobb - Michael Clayton/ D.Hixon
        Jermichael Finley - ??? who Martelleus Bennett

i think its great to be a die hard fan but take the homer goggles off for a bit and see it for what it is. outside of Nicks our number one receiver / Cruz our slot receiver we have nothing

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
        @Katdaddyjay 17h
        @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
        http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg …

Comment

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill.

And I don't want him and his career 49 receptions.[/quote]

I think Kendall Wright might drop as well but, Blackmon and Floyd = not a chance in h... at 32.[/quote]

The first burner in the draft going at #32?

I don't see that remotely happening (although if it did I'd take him in a heartbeat).[/quote]

I don't think Wright is as sure fire a 1st round prospect as people make him out to be. He's undersized and his 4.61 at the combine raised some eyebrows. He definitely has potential to drop down.[/quote]I could care less what his 40' says I saw him behind safeties all season long

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="rainierjef"]i don't want any receivers in the 1st round go TE and then go WR in the later rounds you can get Mcnutt or Streeter both in the 4th. both above 6-3 and run low 4.4s both projected to play the Z spot and that's what we need
            [/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32.* It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses.* If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]Maybe not in the 1st but the Giants absolutely need another outside WR. NFL is one with weapons in the passing game not having enough of them for Manning would be a mistake. Id rather have 1 to many then be 1 short

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill.

I think Kendall Wright might drop as well but, Blackmon and Floyd = not a chance in h... at 32.[/quote]

I don't see that remotely happening (although if it did I'd take him in a heartbeat).[/quote]

I don't think Wright is as sure fire a 1st round prospect as people make him out to be. He's undersized and his 4.61 at the combine raised some eyebrows. He definitely has potential to drop down.[/quote]I could care less what his 40' says I saw him behind safeties all season long[/quote]

That's great but what does that have to do with my comment and him having potential to drop down.

I honestly am thinking Jeffery is going to go before him and if that's true then that would be three receivers to go before the Giants pick. He could very well make it to 32 and maybe into the second round.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.
                My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

I don't mean to be cliche, but I doubt our FO is thinking any specific position at 32. It will definately be BPA (except QB and WR).

We just don't have any glaring weaknesses. If we did, we wouldn't be picking at 32.

[/quote]Maybe not in the 1st but the Giants absolutely need another outside WR. NFL is one with weapons in the passing game not having enough of them for Manning would be a mistake. Id rather have 1 to many then be 1 short[/quote]

on the money right hur red couldn't of said it better myself.

we can have the strongest O-line in the world but if nicks and cruz gets double covered and our third receiver or TE cant get separation from linebackers and single coverage then whats the point of having an elite QB i mean essentially we become a 2nd version of the 9ers minus the davis

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="Kruunch"]The only receiver in that list who is a possibility to be around when we pick is Stephen Hill.

I don't think Wright is as sure fire a 1st round prospect as people make him out to be. He's undersized and his 4.61 at the combine raised some eyebrows. He definitely has potential to drop down.[/quote]I could care less what his 40' says I saw him behind safeties all season long[/quote]

That's great but what does that have to do with my comment and him having potential to drop down.

I honestly am thinking Jeffery is going to go before him and if that's true then that would be three receivers to go before the Giants pick. He could very well make it to 32 and maybe into the second round.[/quote]

i think hes just referencing to you saying what his 40 time is nothing else

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.[/quote]
                      agree
                      just like O-line if the top 2-3 best ain't there then get it in the other rounds.
                      Sanu in the 2nd
                      Streeter in the 4th
                      Mcnnut in the 4-5th
                      i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.[/quote]
                        agree
                        just like O-line if the top 2-3 best ain't there then get it in the other rounds.
                        Sanu in the 2nd
                        Streeter in the 4th
                        Mcnnut in the 4-5th
                        [/quote]now way makes it to our 5th

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"][quote user="gmen0820"]I wouldn't reach for a WR in the first if that's what it'd take. I think we will need a receiver, but a Streeter or Fuller from the 3rd-5th round aren't bad fallback plans. I really like Jeff Fuller, I think he could be a star for us.[/quote]
                          agree
                          Sanu in the 2nd
                          Streeter in the 4th
                          Mcnnut in the 4-5th
                          [/quote]no mcnutt way makes it to our 5th

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]i need to study up on this fuller guy you speak of
                            [/quote]Late round guy with great size and excellent potential to be our flanker.

Comment

Marvin Mcnutt is notgoing to have a longNFL career. Did anyone watch Iowa play this year? He doesn't separate, lets the ball hit his body,gets caught from behind.

Now his quarterback was garbage which doesn't help, and he did havesome big games against Tenn Tech, Louisana-Monroe, Indiana, Mich St, Purdue. Healso disappeared against Iowa St, Pennt St, Nebraska, and Oklahoma. As the competition gets better he will disappear.

40 time at the combinewas 4.54, which isn't terrible but he looks slower than that during games.

My couch analysis says heshouldn't get drafted, but what the hell do I know? Maybe he will be good at the next level.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Wright scares me a little.. slow 40 and a little concern over his body fat percentage

But is too dynamic and a tremendous vertical threat. Would love him at 32[/quote]Wright is a perfect fit for us at the Z position because of his deep threat capabilities. Is he worth the first pick? That is debatably if you can get a Marvin Jones in the 2nd-3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X