If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...

Re: If Osi is traded for a 2nd and 5th

[quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote]

What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote] What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?[/quote]

Probably wouldn't get any more than a 3rd. But we would free up $4MM plus in cap room.

Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?
        I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"]Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?[/quote]

I know it will be especially fun around here. And I'm all for that.

Comment

As much as I like the excitement of trades and getting new players through the draft, I can't help but think that Osi is most valuable to us playing out his contract here, and then getting whatever compensatory future picks for him signing big elsewhere.

And I wouldn't consider myself a loyal Osi fan or an Osi hater. Giants fan only.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="FBomb"]Can you imagine the outcry if Reese lets him go for LESS than a 2nd rounder?[/quote]

[/quote]

Hahaaa!!! Love it. [B]

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote] What makes you think anybody is giving us a second for Osi?[/quote]

Probably wouldn't get any more than a 3rd.* But we would free up $4MM plus in cap room.

[/quote]

I don't think its realistic to expect anything better than a 4th and for that I don't think its worth trading him.

If I were JR I'd give him a little boost this year to keep him happy...and then let him go on his merry way.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

Hahaaa!!! Love it. [B]
                  [/quote]

ITELLNOLIES would be found dead in a warm bath with gaping wounds on his wrists.

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

I really think the Rivers trade is the writing on the wall for Osi.

Boley, Jacquian, Kiwi and Rivers. No reason to spend the 5th round pick plus whatever money River's is owed for depth. I just don't see it. I'm thinking Osi is gone and Kiwi is going to move back down to DE.

Comment

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Probably wouldn't get any more than a 3rd. But we would free up $4MM plus in cap room.

[/quote] I don't think its realistic to expect anything better than a 4th and for that I don't think its worth trading him. If I were JR I'd give him a little boost this year to keep him happy...and then let him go on his merry way.[/quote]

I think the cap room is as important or even more important that the compensation.

After all, he IS a back-up.

Comment

We better not lose Osi. He was the spark to our defense last year, and was incredible in getting pressure on the QB. We need him.

Comment

[quote user="Warchild"]we should then should try to trade down and pick up a second in next years draft...[/quote]

Get real, the Giants would be lucky to get a single 4th round pick for an injury prone whiner who is approaching 30 years old.

Comment

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]As much as I like the excitement of trades and getting new players through the draft, I can't help but think that Osi is most valuable to us playing out his contract here, and then getting whatever compensatory future picks for him signing big elsewhere.

And I wouldn't consider myself a loyal Osi fan or an Osi hater.* Giants fan only.
                            [/quote]

In paper that's the best scenario for the Giants and I hope it turns out that way. I really don't think the Giants are extending Osi's contract and realistically he's not sitting down Tuck or JPP . Difficult to see him go all emotions aside but again the best for the Giants is to let him play out his contract, still an awesome player and top player as starter/ backup and God forbids if Tuck or JPP were to have a career threatening injury he will still have a place on the team. That been said its only a matter of time for all of us to find out when the Osi's soap opera will start again this off season .
                            " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Comment

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I know it will be especially fun around here.* And I'm all for that.

[/quote]

Hahaaa!!!* Love it.** [B]
                              [/quote]

ITELLNOLIES would be found dead in a warm bath with gaping wounds on his wrists.

[/quote]

Don't forget the cigar

Comment

Working...
                              X